updates, big picture, and illuminati Topic

Posted by shoe3 on 6/6/2016 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Oh, we have a comeback, ladies and gentlemen! "Brah". And "douchey cheerleader" in back to back posts. I am so humbled.
Your boyscout routine is terrible...this isn't an academic journal, its an internet message board, brah.
6/7/2016 1:32 AM
6/7/2016 1:39 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/6/2016 1:53:00 PM (view original):
you mean stop with the "negative" speculation, it's only okay to speculate how good the updates are going to be and now that seble made 1 change to the assistant coach scouting it clears him of the 2+ years he was gone and did nothing
Plenty of people are speculating, including negative speculation, yet for some reason you are 'theonly' one getting this response, perhaps you can noodle out what the difference is?
6/7/2016 6:24 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/6/2016 1:53:00 PM (view original):
you mean stop with the "negative" speculation, it's only okay to speculate how good the updates are going to be and now that seble made 1 change to the assistant coach scouting it clears him of the 2+ years he was gone and did nothing
You want other people to respect your opinion yet you refuse to return the courtesy of respecting theirs and allowing them to like or not like what they want. You honestly don't see how massively hippocriteical you are being?
6/7/2016 6:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/5/2016 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/5/2016 7:52:00 PM (view original):
No saying no one knows how to read is over reacting and getting defensive.
well almost every post I make I have to rewrite a minute later and someone takes something I wrote and either misses it or assumes I said something else. I would say thats more offensive than defensive
If you're having to rewrite every statement you make because it's confusing to your audience then have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps its "your message" that might be the problem?
6/7/2016 12:45 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not one in favor of this change, not when I see higher priority issues that (in my humble opinion) should have been addressed first. However, I am willing to at least give it a chance, simply because I love the game so much.

What I'll do is cut down on my number of teams by dropping the ones that have no "sentimental value" to me, keep the ones that do, and then go from there when the update is rolled out. If at that point I don't like it then I will gradually phase the rest of my teams out. If I do think the change is worth continuing to play, then I'll keep the sentimental teams and think about rejoining the worlds that I initially left. Seems easy enough.
6/7/2016 1:01 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/7/2016 12:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/5/2016 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/5/2016 7:52:00 PM (view original):
No saying no one knows how to read is over reacting and getting defensive.
well almost every post I make I have to rewrite a minute later and someone takes something I wrote and either misses it or assumes I said something else. I would say thats more offensive than defensive
If you're having to rewrite every statement you make because it's confusing to your audience then have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps its "your message" that might be the problem?
it's more of people avoiding what I wrote because they can't find a way to respond to it because they don't want to admit flaws which is fine they clearly don't want to have a discussion except for rogelio so it will be funnier when they realize how many problems they're really are.
6/7/2016 1:07 PM (edited)
On the brightside I have to say seble has surpassed my expectations while they're a few major things that probably won't be addressed he is actually working and changing things in the forums way more than I thought he would.

It would be nice though if he stopped ignoring the majority of people planning on leaving. Yeh the update might be decent if he continues to work and change like he is finally doing now but no matter what they're still to many changes that are going to cause people to leave and end up with HD becoming very similar to GD and being a barren wastleland where you have 30-50 coaches per division.
6/7/2016 9:26 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 6/7/2016 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Seble doesn't play the game. I truly feel Seble doesn't understand the game from the consumer side. He doesn't understand how his changes impact DI different from DII different from DIII.

I have no interest in playing the way recruiting is currently set up in BETA. Calling this BETA version "Hoops Dynasty" would be a joke. Because in Seble's eyes, Dynastys are bad things.
To be honest I think we will start seeing some major dynasties actually with everyone keaving and everyone recruit able any good coach who stays is bound to bring in a team at some point 70/70 ath def d3

Someone where bonus cash won't matter like Colorado with an empty D2 and weak D1 no midmajors will clean house with no limit to who they can get if they spend enough time scouting

D1 dynasties however are going to be a thing of the past
6/7/2016 10:42 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 6/7/2016 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Watching presumably grown men type the word "brah" without irony is one of the internet's little pleasures.
LULZ, the fact you don't realize that I was typing 'brah' ironically means that you have as little of an understanding of the word 'irony' as you do the word 'strategy' and even more sadly the word 'brah'...brah.
6/8/2016 6:49 AM (edited)
And lets be honest, given all the aesthetic changes not only within the beta itself but also the immediate implementation of the new forums themselves at this exact moment...now shows that I am actually very much closer to being spot-on in my OP than even I could have know then...that this whole thing is really more of a "marketing" thing than it is related to the HD "product".

And not to blow my own horn...I started this thread even before they rolled out the new forums on the beta site. So, should I remove the word illuminati from the title of this thread? Absolutely not, but does what's been said about the nature of the HD update in this thread now hold more weight (by all those who hold a somewhat similar view)...Absolutely yes.
6/8/2016 6:42 AM
Posted by mullycj on 6/7/2016 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Seble doesn't play the game. I truly feel Seble doesn't understand the game from the consumer side. He doesn't understand how his changes impact DI different from DII different from DIII.

I have no interest in playing the way recruiting is currently set up in BETA. Calling this BETA version "Hoops Dynasty" would be a joke. Because in Seble's eyes, Dynastys are bad things.
come on San Jose State is a top notch program
6/8/2016 11:42 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/8/2016 6:42:00 AM (view original):
And lets be honest, given all the aesthetic changes not only within the beta itself but also the immediate implementation of the new forums themselves at this exact moment...now shows that I am actually very much closer to being spot-on in my OP than even I could have know then...that this whole thing is really more of a "marketing" thing than it is related to the HD "product".

And not to blow my own horn...I started this thread even before they rolled out the new forums on the beta site. So, should I remove the word illuminati from the title of this thread? Absolutely not, but does what's been said about the nature of the HD update in this thread now hold more weight (by all those who hold a somewhat similar view)...Absolutely yes.
Looks like you called good money Nacho. I had posted a somewhat similar comment on a couple conference message boards saying that this whole process was more of a way to temporarily distract everyone from the real problems with the game by using a shiny band-aid that everyone would "ooh and ahh" over for the immediate time frame, all while the crucial aspects of the game that "really" need fixing continued to be ignored. It's more of a diversion or even facade if you like than actual real progress in fixing the bigger problems the game still has.
6/8/2016 3:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸
updates, big picture, and illuminati Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.