updates, big picture, and illuminati Topic

Posted by mullycj on 6/7/2016 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Seble doesn't play the game. I truly feel Seble doesn't understand the game from the consumer side. He doesn't understand how his changes impact DI different from DII different from DIII.

I have no interest in playing the way recruiting is currently set up in BETA. Calling this BETA version "Hoops Dynasty" would be a joke. Because in Seble's eyes, Dynastys are bad things.
Sure looks like it.
6/8/2016 3:43 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/8/2016 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 6/7/2016 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Seble doesn't play the game. I truly feel Seble doesn't understand the game from the consumer side. He doesn't understand how his changes impact DI different from DII different from DIII.

I have no interest in playing the way recruiting is currently set up in BETA. Calling this BETA version "Hoops Dynasty" would be a joke. Because in Seble's eyes, Dynastys are bad things.
Sure looks like it.
we really don't know how it will be....But I agree.......it seems it will be his way or the highway ,,,anyone that says It is great is just as clueless as me and others that see problems..there has not been one signing yet to say either way
6/8/2016 4:37 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/8/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/8/2016 6:42:00 AM (view original):
And lets be honest, given all the aesthetic changes not only within the beta itself but also the immediate implementation of the new forums themselves at this exact moment...now shows that I am actually very much closer to being spot-on in my OP than even I could have know then...that this whole thing is really more of a "marketing" thing than it is related to the HD "product".

And not to blow my own horn...I started this thread even before they rolled out the new forums on the beta site. So, should I remove the word illuminati from the title of this thread? Absolutely not, but does what's been said about the nature of the HD update in this thread now hold more weight (by all those who hold a somewhat similar view)...Absolutely yes.
Looks like you called good money Nacho. I had posted a somewhat similar comment on a couple conference message boards saying that this whole process was more of a way to temporarily distract everyone from the real problems with the game by using a shiny band-aid that everyone would "ooh and ahh" over for the immediate time frame, all while the crucial aspects of the game that "really" need fixing continued to be ignored. It's more of a diversion or even facade if you like than actual real progress in fixing the bigger problems the game still has.
continuing on it seems to be working for what they intend coaches who don't really know how the game works(or suck) or haven't been around long enough are fawning over this update and then really most of the longtime coaches except for a select few aren't very positive about this update.

we still have a terrible way of calculating prestige. jobs sucks(never getting fixed), unrealistic recruit generation.

but lets continuing whining about superclasses because we don't like it when they take the players I want. Or lets hinder top programs with EE's because they are too good and don't deserve to be good even though I've never experienced it but I surely know because I've played some D1 to talk about A+ level.
6/8/2016 4:55 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/8/2016 4:55:00 PM (view original):
And lets be honest, given all the aesthetic changes not only within the beta itself but also the immediate implementation of the new forums themselves at this exact moment...now shows that I am actually very much closer to being spot-on in my OP than even I could have know then...that this whole thing is really more of a "marketing" thing than it is related to the HD "product".

And not to blow my own horn...I started this thread even before they rolled out the new forums on the beta site. So, should I remove the word illuminati from the title of this thread? Absolutely not, but does what's been said about the nature of the HD update in this thread now hold more weight (by all those who hold a somewhat similar view)...Absolutely yes.
Looks like you called good money Nacho. I had posted a somewhat similar comment on a couple conference message boards saying that this whole process was more of a way to temporarily distract everyone from the real problems with the game by using a shiny band-aid that everyone would "ooh and ahh" over for the immediate time frame, all while the crucial aspects of the game that "really" need fixing continued to be ignored. It's more of a diversion or even facade if you like than actual real progress in fixing the bigger problems the game still has.
continuing on it seems to be working for what they intend coaches who don't really know how the game works(or suck) or haven't been around long enough are fawning over this update and then really most of the longtime coaches except for a select few aren't very positive about this update.

we still have a terrible way of calculating prestige. jobs sucks(never getting fixed), unrealistic recruit generation.

but lets continuing whining about superclasses because we don't like it when they take the players I want. Or lets hinder top programs with EE's because they are too good and don't deserve to be good even though I've never experienced it but I surely know because I've played some D1 to talk about A+ level.
I have been vocal about liking the update. Are you saying I suck at this game and don't know how it works?? Me and you both came up at the same time and played in the same worlds and had a very similar career path. You can't just lump people into categories like that. There are plenty of good coaches who like the update. Let's all wait and see how BETA plays out in it's entirety, and even the implementation itself before making rash decisions. If you still don't like it then, go ahead and leave. We've been doing this damn BETA, which is mostly like to be a couple month-long process and everyone is already jumping to crazy conclusions, which is absolutely absurd to me. Rome wasn't built in day. Also, Seble has been very active in the beta forums and has been making changes that have been recommended. Just because there are 100 recommendations and he implements 30 of them doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. I understand there are other things that need to be fixed (mostly job logic), but if everyone is so concerned, go teach yourself programming and create your own game.
6/8/2016 5:04 PM
Also, Seble has been very active in the beta forums and has been making changes that have been recommended. Just because there are 100 recommendations and he implements 30 of them doesn't mean he isn't doing anything.

where were these very active changes in the last 3 years I have been here_ what if this there are no more when the BETA turns out to be a failure (history has shown they dont listen to change and leave it and ignore complaints). I feel you and others GIVE WAY too much assumptions that is great when actually no one knows yet. I do KNOW BASED on past history, that they will either be slow to make changes or NEVER WILL...meanwhile take the small amount of money it generarates and do little to no advertising
6/8/2016 5:18 PM (edited)
Posted by robinsmd on 6/8/2016 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/8/2016 4:55:00 PM (view original):

I have been vocal about liking the update. Are you saying I suck at this game and don't know how it works?? Me and you both came up at the same time and played in the same worlds and had a very similar career path. You can't just lump people into categories like that. There are plenty of good coaches who like the update. Let's all wait and see how BETA plays out in it's entirety, and even the implementation itself before making rash decisions. If you still don't like it then, go ahead and leave. We've been doing this damn BETA, which is mostly like to be a couple month-long process and everyone is already jumping to crazy conclusions, which is absolutely absurd to me. Rome wasn't built in day. Also, Seble has been very active in the beta forums and has been making changes that have been recommended. Just because there are 100 recommendations and he implements 30 of them doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. I understand there are other things that need to be fixed (mostly job logic), but if everyone is so concerned, go teach yourself programming and create your own game.
no offense I didn't even know you were posting about the beta.

and also you've played 23 seasons and have had success at non major you can't seriously just lump us together in the same category like that ;)

the beta is 2-3 seasons thats 2 months if they speed it up in down periods. so we are looking at like august/september roll out and still 2-3 seasons doesn't tell us anything about the impact the game has.

Rome was also good, this is like rome's austic cousin and while they are getting invaded by huns we are busy worrying about the color of the buildings not going together nicely

Great seble finally woke up from his hibernation and missed the past few years on the forums, so we applaud him now? He only listens to those busy praising him, ignoring things about EE's coming up with weird *** solutions and shows an extremely small amount of knowledge about how the game works.
6/8/2016 5:46 PM (edited)
I usually don't post in the forums but looks like I can't pass this one up. First, The overhaul maybe the greatest thing ever and I'm still not going to be happy about it. The bottom line is this game has some minor issues that needed to be fixed, mainly hiring/firing, customer service. As far as making the cosmetics so much better who cares I look at the game just like I look at women ( no matter how attractive it is sooner or later you get tired of all the bad **** that comes with it!) This update basically tells us all that WIS (sable) don't give a rat's *** what anyone thinks it's their game and they don't care if we quit they think others will come along and replace those that leave and they maybe right after all they can't always be wrong or can they! Bottom line is Seble or whoever is calling the shots is about as useless as Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's nut sack! And that's all I got to say about that!
6/8/2016 9:51 PM
Posted by bradriddell on 6/8/2016 9:51:00 PM (view original):
I usually don't post in the forums but looks like I can't pass this one up. First, The overhaul maybe the greatest thing ever and I'm still not going to be happy about it. The bottom line is this game has some minor issues that needed to be fixed, mainly hiring/firing, customer service. As far as making the cosmetics so much better who cares I look at the game just like I look at women ( no matter how attractive it is sooner or later you get tired of all the bad **** that comes with it!) This update basically tells us all that WIS (sable) don't give a rat's *** what anyone thinks it's their game and they don't care if we quit they think others will come along and replace those that leave and they maybe right after all they can't always be wrong or can they! Bottom line is Seble or whoever is calling the shots is about as useless as Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's nut sack! And that's all I got to say about that!
lol that's pretty great
6/8/2016 9:59 PM
For all the people that have already "considered their actions" and got a different understanding of what it truly means to be "toxic"...just want you to know that nacho has your back and this is still a safe place to rage, haha.
6/19/2016 2:18 PM
can you define "toxic" to me?
6/19/2016 2:21 PM
actually, I'd be much more interested in your definition of toxic...
6/19/2016 2:34 PM
well pretty much look at my recent posting habits to get a good example
6/19/2016 5:38 PM
haha, come on brother...you ever heard of 'plausable deniability', yo???
6/19/2016 9:49 PM
well if the glove fits you've got to admits?
6/20/2016 11:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14
updates, big picture, and illuminati Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.