Hypothetical situation Topic

Say coach a and coach b are going after the same recruit. Coach a offers a scholarship and runs out of money while trailing coach b. Coach b has the lead in recruiting but runs out of money before he can offer the scholarship. What ends up happening with the recruit? Does he sign with coach a on the last cycle or does he go to a sim?

like I said just a theoretical question but I'm curious what would happen in this scenario.
5/31/2016 9:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 5/31/2016 10:39:00 PM (view original):
i dont think he makes it to the last cycle waiting on team B, he signs with team A way before gets that far.
At what point would be sign with a then? How does a go from trailing to signing him without any more effort?
5/31/2016 11:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 5/31/2016 11:11:00 PM (view original):
i cant remember specific time so i could be totally wrong, but i think ive seen this before. it's not that the trailing school jumps ahead with no effort, but the no scholly offer runs out. maybe the wissupport can jump in with their 3rd post
The player WILL sign with the team who offered the scholly even if they were losing the battle. As to when it will depend on how close the recruiting battle was while both teams were applying effort. Probably within the last 36 hours of the recruiting period.
6/1/2016 12:36 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 5/31/2016 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Say coach a and coach b are going after the same recruit. Coach a offers a scholarship and runs out of money while trailing coach b. Coach b has the lead in recruiting but runs out of money before he can offer the scholarship. What ends up happening with the recruit? Does he sign with coach a on the last cycle or does he go to a sim?

like I said just a theoretical question but I'm curious what would happen in this scenario.
If coach A offered a scholarship and coach B did not, recruit would sign with coach A near the last cycle of recruiting.
6/1/2016 1:01 PM
Continuing on this ideal with a slightly different twist. What if coach b has the recruit green but has never offered. Coach a has done enough to to knock off sims etc. but hasnt put in enough effort to get the kid yellow yet has offered the scholarship. Does he still go with coach a?
6/5/2016 6:15 PM
Coach C
6/5/2016 8:22 PM
I believe that as long as B did enough to get into the race and not have any other competition the player will sign with B... he will turn yellow for a bit then sign. I am not 100% sure on this because usually if someone has a player green but doesn't sign them, they are a "backup" option. In which case they would either sign him or they will fill their scholarships and then the player will drop team A and sign with B.
6/5/2016 10:46 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 6/5/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Continuing on this ideal with a slightly different twist. What if coach b has the recruit green but has never offered. Coach a has done enough to to knock off sims etc. but hasnt put in enough effort to get the kid yellow yet has offered the scholarship. Does he still go with coach a?
If the recruit is not even considering the school I don't see how he would sign with them offer or not.
6/5/2016 11:33 PM
Hypothetical situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.