Injury bug still in effect? Topic

Hey guys,

Long time since I've posted, seems like there have been a lot of updates. Haven't been able to keep track of them all. Does the injury bug no longer work? I had a guy hit the 60-day dl with $15M in injury and $20M in training, and haven't gotten anything. Just wanted to double check before I remove this guy or if I did anything wrong (does it have to be $16M in injury)?

For some reason it won't let me link to the right player, but it is Fred Price on my only team. Sorry if this has been discussed previously

Thanks
6/1/2016 12:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No way will I read all that. But it also doesn't always work. This guy should have gotten at least two. In the past, carryover injuries would sometimes get 3-4 recovery cycles. Player Profile: Manny Matsuzaka - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/1/2016 7:07 PM
lol
6/1/2016 11:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Real life has nothing to do with HBD recovery cycles.

And I doubt no one, literally no one, will read all of that. This is a goddam simgame not a cure for cancer.
6/2/2016 6:46 AM
So should I keep him on the injury list or take him off? He got his first injury bump (1 point) as he is ready to be taken off. he won't get anymore right? I am worried since that he is old, he will never recover right?
6/2/2016 10:38 AM
Until he gets a "regular season" cycle, he may still get another "injury recovery" cycle.

The thing with old or last season of contract guys is the value you'll get IF he gets another recovery. I seldom leave those guys on the DL unless the injury was early in the season. Letting a guy sit until 20 games left really decreases the value you'll get if he gets a 2nd recovery simply because there isn't much playing time left in him that season.
6/2/2016 10:48 AM
Posted by bglick on 6/2/2016 10:38:00 AM (view original):
So should I keep him on the injury list or take him off? He got his first injury bump (1 point) as he is ready to be taken off. he won't get anymore right? I am worried since that he is old, he will never recover right?
as ^^^ stated, he may or may not get another injury recovery cycle but you won't know until it says either "regular season" or a 2nd "injury recovery". If he does get another injury recovery it will probably only be to 78 range, 81 dur, 94 health, 68 speed, 78 BR. If it's been a really long time since the first bump, just keep waiting to see what comes next. If he just got that first bump yesterday and is eligible to play again, take him off now and don't bother waiting another 25-30 cycles

6/2/2016 5:52 PM
He just got the 1st bump (right as he was getting ready to come off). I mean I have the division title and conference title wrapped up as is. And I want to make sure he stays viable as a 2B b/c I am worried since he is old he wont recover in offseason (right? he's just going to decline more right?)
6/2/2016 8:21 PM
You're asking a question only you can answer. We can't see decline from previous seasons. If you don't need him in order to win your division/get a bye, leave him on the DL until you see a "regular season" cycle or the playoffs start. He signed thru next year so, if he gets another recovery cycle, good for you. If he doesn't, you didn't need him for the regular season anyway.
6/3/2016 8:30 AM
It seems like there is an 'injury "bug" bug'. Like MikeT I have no idea what causes it.

After 4 seasons of $20 mill medical and reaping the rewards I finally suffered the consequences.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=4589091

has been on the DL for 130 something days and he got 1 recovery cycle! 1! Didn't even get him back up to his former numbers. I'm too angry to take him off now unless we get to the second round of the playoffs
6/3/2016 5:04 PM
I am new to the game and want to clarify. So if I have 20 in my medical budget, and someone on my team gets a 7/15 day DL type of injury, and I put him on the 60 day DL, he will improve a bunch?
6/3/2016 5:55 PM
He might improve a bunch.
6/4/2016 7:58 AM
1234 Next ▸
Injury bug still in effect? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.