Finals Prediction Topic

Expect nothing different from a LeBronpologist.
6/17/2016 9:57 AM
Basketball is a team sport. Teams win, not players. James' teams have been the favorites in the Finals twice, he beat OKC and lost to Dallas. Every other year, his teams have been the underdog, including the first season Miami and San Antonio played in which the Heat won. That is reality. Only a Lebron hater would see it differently.
6/17/2016 11:58 AM
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2016 8:08:00 AM (view original):
There were a lot of bad calls both ways. After all the teams each had 25 fouls and the Cavs were in every bit the foul trouble the Warriors were. Warriors lost because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn to start the game and no one aside from Curry and Barbosa played well. Plus, the Warriors clearly have ****** James off and he has made it his mission to carry the Cavs (which he did again).

Warriors just need to shut the hell up and play. Their incessant whining has made James look like a model citizen. I mean James looks like the good guy now. How crazy is that?

From my post above, I thought game 6 would be a close Cavs win and the Warriors would go back home and close it out in 7, now I'm not so sure. The Cavs are clearly in the Warriors head and I will have to see how the next couple of days plays out before I pick game 7.
There were bad calls each way, but at least 3 of Curry's 6 fouls were questionable. I didn't see any questionable calls on James. Considering Curry gets mauled almost every time down the court with out getting calls, those calls against him were bullshit. That being said, James played great and the Cav;ss deserved to win. The Warriors need to start off game 7 as if they are actually playing an important game, not like they started game 6 (and too many other games this postseason)
If the Warriors play like they are capable of they should win. They are a better TEAM. They just haven't played like it lately.
6/17/2016 12:53 PM
I'm not so sure the Warriors are a better team without Bogut and with Iggy seriously banged up. Part of the reason for their success is their great depth and good balance, without Bogut they lose their only shot blocker and it forces a guy like Ezeli to play a lot more and without Iggy or a hobbled Iggy they lose (or diminish) their best wing defender.
6/17/2016 1:54 PM
If Harrison Barnes continues his abysmal play over the last two games (MikeT scored as many points last night), the Warriors are in big, big trouble.... especially if Iguodala really is injured. The Bogut injury is overcomeable, but Ezeli can't continue to be late on the defensive rotations and go to the wrong sides of screens. They'd almost be better off with Mo Buckets patrolling the paint. At least he can compensate for ****** defense by making a few jumpers.
6/17/2016 2:03 PM
Barnes is in his own head and I don't know if he is mentally strong enough to get out of his own way.
6/17/2016 2:35 PM
Not sure it makes someone a hater to say if Lebron played like he did these finals and the last ones that he would have more rings, but we'll agree to disagree.
6/17/2016 4:33 PM
Look up the Finals against Dallas. Lebron took 20 fts total...for the 7 game series. The idea Steph gets mauled is pretty amusing when you compare him to LBJ. I believe LBJ leads all stat categories this Finals. The better team will win it all. James is the best player in the nba and the Finals MVP.
6/17/2016 5:17 PM
I'm not saying James does not get mauled. He does, but watch Curry a few times down the court and then tell me he doesn't get mauled.
In the 6 full seasons Curry has played he's made 1850 free throw attempts. In his last 6 full seasons, LeBron has made 3444 attempts. Yes, James drives more often than Curry but not twice as often.
6/17/2016 5:43 PM
18 days to play 7 games? So glad I hate the NBA.
6/17/2016 6:20 PM
I'm sure the NBA could care less, Mike.
6/17/2016 7:05 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/17/2016 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Mike cares that Mike hates the NBA, and Mike cares enough that Mike told us that Mike hates the NBA. Mike thinks everybody always cares what Mike thinks, right Mike?
6/17/2016 7:17 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/17/2016 7:05:00 PM (view original):
I recognize I'm not their target audience. It's just ridiculous that they take so long to determine a champion.
6/18/2016 8:18 AM
Every professional sports' season is too long. World Series in November, Super Bowl in February, and NHL and NBA Championships in June are all ridiculous.
6/18/2016 9:17 AM
**** me
6/19/2016 10:48 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Finals Prediction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.