Who would you sign? Topic

It's possible to project players' future attributes - either at an individual attribute level or at the formula (like GUESS) level - using their current attributes, their current WE, their Potential and an estimate of games played per season. In fact, I have it on good faith that a number of All-Time coaches recruit based largely (solely?) on this method.

Remove the guesswork - roll your own projection system. Then you don't have to put this information out there in the forums.
6/6/2016 2:26 PM
Posted by clememp on 6/6/2016 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Well it looks like both were signed ;)
Yep I lost a few battles so i figured it was better then taking on sims. GT I wish I had the time to make a program like that.
6/8/2016 8:23 PM (edited)
Posted by gt_deuce on 6/6/2016 2:26:00 PM (view original):
It's possible to project players' future attributes - either at an individual attribute level or at the formula (like GUESS) level - using their current attributes, their current WE, their Potential and an estimate of games played per season. In fact, I have it on good faith that a number of All-Time coaches recruit based largely (solely?) on this method.

Remove the guesswork - roll your own projection system. Then you don't have to put this information out there in the forums.
I've been planning on making such a projection system but have honestly been too lazy. But I completely agree with you. Based on enough seasons played, this absolutely is something that can be calculated to at least a very close margin for each and every player.
6/6/2016 7:58 PM

Shhhhhh.... this is way too difficult to project and cannot be done with any sort of degree of accuracy! I wish I knew how to use an excel spreadsheet.
6/7/2016 12:15 AM
Posted by orangepace on 6/7/2016 12:15:00 AM (view original):

Shhhhhh.... this is way too difficult to project and cannot be done with any sort of degree of accuracy! I wish I knew how to use an excel spreadsheet.
Excel Fail. So, the thing to do is wait a couple of cycles. If you see me on a recruit, then you should've pursued him (but now it's too late). If you don't see me on a recruit, then he's not ideal, but he'll have to do.
6/7/2016 5:17 PM
◂ Prev 12
Who would you sign? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.