Promised freshman start WE decline? Topic

I have never seen this topic discussed before- I don't like to offer freshmen starts to recruits to entice them to attend my wonderful universities, but from time to time it seems like the logical thing to do ( not much cash left). Anyway, it seems to me that the recruits that are promised starts do not get the same bump in work ethic as they would if they were starting without the promise. It is as if there is something written into the program to not increase WE as much because the recruit "expects" to start and is not eternally grateful to the coach and will work his a## off to prove the coach was correct in giving him playing time. Anyone else notice this, or am I all wet?
6/4/2016 12:17 AM
Been playing this long time and never noticed that. But it's not like I was looking for it. Be curious hear what others observed ?
6/4/2016 12:27 AM
Great observation strieffman!! Like mojolad, I have never noticed this but I will definitely pay more attention to the growth of promised starts vs. w/o promised starts. I have been playing a long time as well and any info like this is always appreciated and I am sure I still have a lot to learn.
6/5/2016 1:47 PM
That's what happens once they get to State.
6/5/2016 3:04 PM
Yeah, MSU doesn't have the "hash bash" to improve the WE like in Ann Arbor
6/5/2016 10:10 PM
Posted by strieffman on 6/4/2016 12:17:00 AM (view original):
I have never seen this topic discussed before- I don't like to offer freshmen starts to recruits to entice them to attend my wonderful universities, but from time to time it seems like the logical thing to do ( not much cash left). Anyway, it seems to me that the recruits that are promised starts do not get the same bump in work ethic as they would if they were starting without the promise. It is as if there is something written into the program to not increase WE as much because the recruit "expects" to start and is not eternally grateful to the coach and will work his a## off to prove the coach was correct in giving him playing time. Anyone else notice this, or am I all wet?
This has been my observation as well
6/5/2016 10:43 PM
Posted by strieffman on 6/5/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, MSU doesn't have the "hash bash" to improve the WE like in Ann Arbor
I've only heard about that, but you make a great point.
6/6/2016 6:04 AM
Posted by strieffman on 6/4/2016 12:17:00 AM (view original):
WIS changed it awhile back to where a credit for a start is based on the percentage of playing time rather than just a start. What I believe you may possibly be misinterpreting here is the effect of the combination of higher percentage of playing time with high WE (quicker bump) in comparison to the combination of lower percentage of playing time with lower WE (slower bump).
6/6/2016 2:17 PM (edited)
What I mean is, generally when I play a freshman a lot, his WE goes up quite a bit. When I promise a recruit a freshman start during recruiting, his WE still goes up, but not as much as it would have if he were not promised a start. I have no concrete evidence of this, but it seems to play out that way.
6/7/2016 2:38 PM
Promised freshman start WE decline? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.