*SHOWDOWN* 5 season Tourney -waitlist Topic

Play a progressive while playing in a tournament. But without the long term commitment of a progressive.

We will play 5 seasons, one at a time. There will be an initial draft, it'll be lengthy(26 rounds), but this will form the nucleus of your team for the duration of the tournament.

The league will be composed of 8 teams that begin play in 1985, 8 teams in the 2000 season, and 8 teams in season 2011. Each 8 team grouping will draft from its own player pool. Being a progressive, each season we advance to use the following player seasons. 4 teams from each era will play in each league, so we end up with a division from each time period in each league.
When you sign up, you pick 1985, 2000 or 2011, and you pick AL or NL. The DH will be used in all games played in AL parks, regular season and playoffs.

So if you sign up for 1985 NL, you along with the 7 others, will draft from the entire 1985 player pool. Full or partial seasons may be used. No DH in the NL, but when traveling to AL parks you will need a DH in your lineup.

Player draft- yes, is a 26 round draft. 25 go onto your active roster. An extra pick, think of it as an opportunity to draft a developmental player, is what the extra round is for. For seasons 1 through 4 you have the option to place 1 player on inactive status(minors, not AAA). Is not available for recall during the season. Cannot use him until the following season. Each season you may carry 1 player maximum on inactive status. I will keep a list with the roster threads.

Trading- allowed and encouraged. Draft picks may be traded, up to 1 season in advance. I do not police trades involving picks. Simply put, an owner acquiring a pick acquires the right to pick in that draft slot. If you trade away a 4th round pick but only need 3 picks, that is allowed.
Vetoes of 6 or more owners nullify a trade. All trades must be posted in our trade thread by all involved parties to be valid. Trades involving draft picks, or trades that affect draft order, will also be kept on page 1 of the upcoming season's draft thread for reference. You are allowed to trade players to teams outside your group. Furthermore, you are allowed to trade draft picks to teams outside your group. Example: If you are a 1987 or 2013 team, and acquire a 2002 draft pick, you will be slotted into that 2002 draft to make that pick.

Injured reserve: No limit as to the number of players on IR, and no limit as to how long they remain there. They cannot be on IR if they are WIS eligible for the upcoming season. Any player returning from IR must be placed on your active roster, otherwise they must go to minors, be cut or traded...

Minor leagues: you may place 1 WIS eligible player in the minors. No limit as to how long a player is placed here. Only 1 player at a time can be in minors. Any player returning from the minors must be put on your roster, cut, or traded, unless they are eligible for IR.

Each season i will announce a date for rosters to be posted. This includes minor league and IR assignments. Once rosters are posted, there will a 24 hour period for double checking rosters, and updating the available player list for our player draft...trades can be made, but no other roster moves allowed in that 24 hr period...

Initial player draft: We will use Random.org to determine our player draft order. Initial draft will be a serpentine style 1-8, 8-1 draft consisting of 26 rounds. Players must be WIS eligible for the upcoming season (minimum of 25 IP, 50 PA) to be draft eligible. Round 1 will be untimed. Beginning with round 2, we will draft from 10am to 10pm Eastern, using 1 hour intervals. We will not be "on the clock" on major holiday weekends.
Any picks that are made early or out of turn are not valid until you are "on the clock". Early picks are allowed ONLY if all previous picks have been made. Proxy picks are certainly legal, and encouraged, if you are unable to be on site when it is your turn to pick.
Note: I would consider 30 minute intervals to speed this up, but I think many would have too many work/life schedule conflicts.

Subsequent seasons-
We roll the calendar forward 1 year. 1985 becomes 1986, 2000 becomes 2001, and the 2011 group uses 2012 players.
All owners will post a list of keepers prior to seasons 2 through 5 in our roster thread. You may keep up to 25 players. Any not kept are added to the available player pool(cuts). Any player that does not have a Sim eligible season may be placed on injured reserve. There is no limit to the number of IR players you may possess. They do not count against your 25 man active roster. Once you post keepers you will be given as many draft picks to bring your active roster back to 25. The draft order will be based on the previous season's 162 game won/loss records. Draft order is worst to first. Tiebreaker will be head to head results, then h2h runs scored, if necessary. Winner of tiebreaker gets preferred seeding.

No salary cap
No Waiver Wire
Injuries-On
You may draft AL and NL players from your player pool
Transaction deadline will be used
6/2 AAA of below average ability. You pick 'em. They can be used in games, and used as trade filler.
Full or partial seasons may be used
DH is used in all games played in American league parks, regular season and playoffs
Any stadium may be used. Stadiums are not exclusive. You must use the same stadium each season. Exception: Prior to season 4 you may switch stadiums.(that means after the conclusion of season 3)

Disputes: In the event of a dispute where there is no operative rule or guideline, or if their interpretation is unclear, the commissioner will make a ruling. If three or more owners object to the ruling, the commissioner’s view does not stand, and the issue will be voted upon by the 24 owners. A simple majority is required. Notification will be via sitemail.

Each owner submits a $10 GC prior to season 1. (Do not submit until instructed to do so)
That gives us $240 in prize money, plus another $50 from admin(see below)

$25 will be awarded to each WS winner.

Cumulative 5 season record(most games won, regular season), prizes are:
$75 1st place
$50 2nd place
$40 3rd place

Incentives
Admin will provide $50 in gift certificates for each five years that a league is in operation. The only catch is that half of the original members of the league must be in the league after five years.

National League

1. Eschwartz67
2. ChitownBluz
3. Tammyk
4. Skilly006

1. Duece_duece
2. Rooskie
3. Sohio4ever
4. Bullet6464

1. Tridentric
2. Hoopsrus
3. CLWECW
4. BlueTufts

American League

1. Scottharra
2. Mikemundt
3. Batandball
4. Shysters3

1. Firecapt
2. Spoonfed
3. Rufus4ever
4. Rjj4191

1. Bootone
2. Mensu1954
3. Fabulous
4. DoctorKz

I will take the last spot.

Sitemail list

Eschwartz67;ChitownBluz;Tammyk;Skilly006;Duece_duece;Rooskie;Sohio4ever;Bullet6464;Tridentric;Hoopsrus;CLWECW;BlueTufts;Scottharra;Mikemundt;Batandball;Shysters3;Firecapt;Spoonfed;Rufus4ever;Rjj4191;Bootone;Mensu1954;fabulous;DoctorKz;
3/29/2017 6:24 PM (edited)
All 3 eras are post expansion, to utilize the greater number of players for the draft pools.
6/4/2016 2:42 AM
Hey Doc,

I'll take a 2011 AL team.
6/4/2016 9:56 AM
eschwartz67
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
6/4/2016 9:58:00 AM
Subject:
RE: Progressive league tourney

-----Original Message-----
To: eschwartz67
Sent: 6/4/2016 9:57:00 AM
Subject: RE: Progressive league tourney

AL or NL?

To: DoctorKz
Sent: 6/4/2016 9:49:00 AM
Subject: RE: Progressive league tourney

I'll take a 1985 team
6/4/2016 10:00 AM
Count me in, I'll pick year and league when I get home, 3 quick questions 1. Stadiums - so we initially pick a stadium then have to use it for 3 seasons then have the option to switch for the final 2? 2. I assume we aren't using the "wis draft tool"? 3. Is there a minimum # of keepers each year?
6/4/2016 10:56 AM
Posted by duece_duece on 6/4/2016 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Count me in, I'll pick year and league when I get home, 3 quick questions 1. Stadiums - so we initially pick a stadium then have to use it for 3 seasons then have the option to switch for the final 2? 2. I assume we aren't using the "wis draft tool"? 3. Is there a minimum # of keepers each year?
Stadium- you must use the same stadium for seasons 1 through 3. You get the option to switch stadiums for season 4. Then no more changes.

No we won't use the WIS draft tool. All picks will be posted in a draft thread. A list of available players will be maintained.

No minimum numbers of keepers.
6/4/2016 11:02 AM
b0xx
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
6/4/2016 8:51:00 PM
Subject:
I'm in. Don't have a preference on era, but would like an AL slot. I can fill in whichever era needs it.

To: b0xx
Sent: 6/4/2016 8:55:00 AM
Subject: Progressive league tourney
6/4/2016 8:57 PM
I'll take a 2000 NL spot Doc, thx
6/5/2016 12:59 AM
I'll take a 2011 team!
6/5/2016 1:48 AM
I also will take a 2011 team NL preferred
6/5/2016 10:27 AM
I'll make my 2011 pick an NL team please.
6/5/2016 5:15 PM
It'll be interesting how keepers work out. We may see more roster turnover than in a normal progressive from year to year because of the deep player pool. I say deep because there are only 8 teams tapping into it...
6/5/2016 7:26 PM
I'll take a 2000 AL team.
6/5/2016 11:02 PM
spoonfed
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
6/6/2016 8:59:00 AM
Subject:
I will would Like American League 2000 if possible.
6/6/2016 2:32 PM
9 are in
6/10/2016 2:35 PM
1|2|3...8 Next â–¸
*SHOWDOWN* 5 season Tourney -waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.