Top 10 Recruits Topic

I will be posting my Top 10 signings for each position in both D1A and D1AA on the WESPRN Twitter Page. The rankings are based on my formula and only include players who had signed at the time of posting (active battles are not included). RB's and LB's have already been posted....remaining positions to come throughout the next few days.
6/5/2016 11:36 AM
OL and DL Top 10 have been posted: WESPRN Twitter
6/5/2016 2:36 PM
WR and DB Top 10's have been posted, along with all of the formulas that were used to determine the rankings: WESPRN Twitter
6/5/2016 9:38 PM
Huh. You think Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Gregory Savage is better than Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Kenneth Morrison ?

(Nothing against Mr. Savage, just picked him since he was listed in the 10 spot at DIAA LBs)
6/6/2016 1:49 AM
Savage's speed and GI put him ahead. I used one formula for a well-rounded LB (which is posted), and always put a lot of value into the GI rating. If there were separate categories for ILB and OLB, then I'm sure Morrison would have made the ILB list with his strength. Maybe if I do this again, I'll make separate categories for the defensive positions. For now, just wanted to do something simple for coaches to look at as they wait through these borings days between signings and the end of recruiting.
6/6/2016 10:42 AM
QB and K Top 10's have been posted: WESPRN Twitter
6/6/2016 11:31 AM
Thanks for the top 10 lists. One of the great nuances of this game is the weight appropriated by coaches to the different attributes. Yes, stuff like this does make the time between games more enjoyable. Thanks for the work!
6/6/2016 12:41 PM
#2 Kicker recruit in all the land. Watch out DIAA powers - we're setting our FG distance to 80 yards and never punting again!
6/6/2016 1:16 PM
Top QB taken by a SIM. Out of texas none the less. Too bad I didn't need a QB this year.
6/6/2016 1:20 PM
I just went and checked and he was not in my vision, or I would have gone after him.
6/6/2016 10:28 PM
Last set of Top 10 rankings have been posted: TE and Punter, along with all of the formulas that were used to determine today's rankings: WESPRN Twitter
6/6/2016 10:33 PM
Deen, like the rankings. So interesting to see how differently we all rate players. Appreciate the twist this season!
6/7/2016 12:09 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 6/6/2016 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Top QB taken by a SIM. Out of texas none the less. Too bad I didn't need a QB this year.
Average potential. I was on him early but backed off.
6/7/2016 12:10 AM
Posted by orangepace on 6/7/2016 12:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by truedevil33 on 6/6/2016 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Average potential. I was on him early but backed off.
That's exactly what I would say if I lost to a SIM....
6/7/2016 10:48 AM
Posted by orangepace on 6/7/2016 12:09:00 AM (view original):
Deen, like the rankings. So interesting to see how differently we all rate players. Appreciate the twist this season!
I will try to continue posting these in the future. I plan to edit a few of the formulas based on inaccuracies that I saw, set minimums for core attributes (ie. QB with 39 STR making the Top 10), and split the defensive positions (DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, S). Any coaches are more than welcome to sitemail me with feedback.
6/7/2016 11:01 AM
12 Next ▸
Top 10 Recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.