batting pitcher out of 9th spot Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah, just select 9 from the dropdown for one of your hitters
6/5/2016 6:52 PM
Yep, I hit the pitcher 8th all the time...

TLR did it quite a bit in STL. I'm not sure what difference it makes, sometimes it might kill a rally, other times you get a good hitter up in front of your leadoff guy. I like to put a guy that is short on PA's in the 9 spot. I also move guys there for a game or two to help with fatigue.
6/5/2016 7:15 PM (edited)
Is there a way to have Rocky Colavito pitch a few innings...He did for the 68 Yanks and would like to get him an inning or two...
6/5/2016 7:26 PM
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that happens only in situations where all actual pitchers have been used. I.e. super long extra inning games
6/5/2016 8:46 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 6/5/2016 7:15:00 PM (view original):

TLR did it quite a bit in STL. I'm not sure what difference it makes, sometimes it might kill a rally, other times you get a good hitter up in front of your leadoff guy. I like to put a guy that is short on PA's in the 9 spot. I also move guys there for a game or two to help with fatigue.
Ditto to the idea of putting a low PA guy with good OBP in the 9 hole. I do that with about 50% of my teams in non-DH leagues, give or take. Drafting a low PA guy specifically for that purpose frees up just a little bit of cash to use elsewhere too
6/5/2016 8:49 PM
Posted by Dgallo on 6/5/2016 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Is there a way to have Rocky Colavito pitch a few innings...He did for the 68 Yanks and would like to get him an inning or two...
Players can't be both position players AND pitchers. If they performed both, their season is based on which they played more. If Rick Ankiel pitched in 5 games but played 30 as an outfielder, he is an outfielder that season.

That doesn't mean that Sparky wouldn't use him in an emergency, but we don't get that option.
6/5/2016 9:20 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 6/5/2016 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 6/5/2016 7:15:00 PM (view original):

Ditto to the idea of putting a low PA guy with good OBP in the 9 hole. I do that with about 50% of my teams in non-DH leagues, give or take. Drafting a low PA guy specifically for that purpose frees up just a little bit of cash to use elsewhere too
'80 Dilone and '81 Raines fall into that category.
6/5/2016 9:24 PM
batting pitcher out of 9th spot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.