New format for the forums Topic

I thought it was my phone. I must've restarted and shut down two or three times before I decided to look here.

Don't know how I feel about it yet.
6/6/2016 10:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I agree prof...I will be sending my complaint in just a bit. It hurts my eyes in its current state. Plus the light blue print with the bright white background makes it hard for me to read. Of course, my eyes are older than most here!
6/7/2016 7:22 AM
I hate this new forum look. I just tried an advanced search and it didn't work properly. The formatting looks terrible on my phone. Very disappointing.
6/7/2016 7:49 AM
Posted by cwillis802 on 6/7/2016 6:45:00 AM (view original):
Who complained about reading the forums when using their tablet or phones??? Probably nobody. I have to agree with the masses on this one, this new forum look is horrible.

Fortunately I don't use the forums that much. This site is funny. If something is not broken they try to fix it and if there are plausible, easy changes that could be made to improve the game, they ignore it.

The fact that Elbirdo, one of the great players on this site is planning to leave says it all.
With HardBall Dynasty being responsive and a responsive Hoops Dynasty on the way soon, it was important to get to the forums and update them as well.

We will be listening to feedback and adjusting where necessary. If you could post specific feedback or suggestions (other than "Retreat!" or "change it back" type messages) that would be helpful to us with what needs adjusted.

Thank you!
6/7/2016 8:22 AM
Posted by schwarze on 6/7/2016 7:49:00 AM (view original):
I hate this new forum look. I just tried an advanced search and it didn't work properly. The formatting looks terrible on my phone. Very disappointing.
Can you explain what part of Advanced Search did not work for you?

Thanks!
6/7/2016 8:23 AM
The screen is just too bright. Going back to a blue-based color scheme would be nice. Even if you need to use this software, there's no reason to change the colors this significantly. You should be able to find a skin that's similar to the old one but still lets you keep the format. (Even better, find several skins and let users decide which they prefer.)
6/7/2016 9:37 AM
(Even better, find several skins and let users decide which they prefer.)

This. We've all got different preferences, different devices, different eyes. More options would be nice.
6/7/2016 9:54 AM
Seems like the developers may have been trying to match one of the Outlook skins with this. That's fine, but for some reason this looks really washed out. Perhaps bring up the gray and blue a bit to create more contrast so the eye doesn't just see "BRIGHT"
6/7/2016 10:44 AM
It's largely about contrast, I think. Cuppie1's response may be on the right track.

Whatever the case, please listen to those who are having EYE issues and can NOT continue to participate within your forums as THAT makes participating in Progressive leagues VERY difficult. Easier to just go elsewhere for my amusement.
6/7/2016 11:23 AM
I did a search text for "spreadsheet" choosing SimLeague Baseball forum, timeframe = ALL. I get results back for all forums.
6/7/2016 11:51 AM
My mobile device still does not show page numbers so I have to click the topic and scroll down. (I have a blackberry).
6/7/2016 11:54 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
New format for the forums Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.