New format for the forums Topic

Forum posts that have nicely formatted tables is pretty useless to view from my mobile device. It's clear that the default is to try to fit into the smaller screen, and that jumbles up the tables so they are unreadable. I like the old way, where I can re-size myself.

Try viewing this on your mobile device.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=490128&Page=4&TopicsTimeframe=0
6/7/2016 11:58 AM
Holy crap! What the heck happened with tables?! I just tried to look at one on my phone, and it's a jumbled mess. Did anyone do ANY QA/QC on this before launching it? WIS, I implore you to go back to the drawing board and do some more testing. How in the world is this supposed to be an improvement if you drastically reduced the user interface and usability on the very devices you were trying to help?
6/7/2016 12:45 PM
I rarely ever use the forums on a phone, but I'm going to Mexico next week and my only access will be from an iPhone. I opened schwarze's link (it's a table of WIS Championship standings), and like most have said so far, tables are a jumbled mess on a phone.

This wouldn't usually be a concern for me, but I'm about to launch a new season of a theme league I run where I use a table to keep everything organized in the classified ad. Now I'll have to delay posting the ad until after I'm home and back on a regular computer.
6/7/2016 12:53 PM
Lesson for WIS: Run Beta testing for ANY changes, forums included. Make sure all platforms/devices and user levels (priority to league commissioners) are represented. Get feedback from Beta testers in EVERY combination of platform/device. GUI is every bit as important as the underlying algorithms and prices.
6/7/2016 12:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by schwarze on 6/7/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Forum posts that have nicely formatted tables is pretty useless to view from my mobile device. It's clear that the default is to try to fit into the smaller screen, and that jumbles up the tables so they are unreadable. I like the old way, where I can re-size myself.

Try viewing this on your mobile device.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=490128&Page=4&TopicsTimeframe=0
Tables should render much better in mobile view now.
6/7/2016 5:28 PM
We've put out a small update today and are continuing to monitor feedback.
6/7/2016 5:36 PM
Indeed - they look great - the upgrade to make use of the forums on mobile devices easier and better is much appreciated.
6/7/2016 5:37 PM
The forums look fine on my iPad. I have to agree that on my PC the forums were pretty harsh. I will have to check out how the update looks on the PC now. Also, the table in the link above looks fine on the iPad. I really try to NOT use my phone for WIS.

Update: It's a bit better on the PC, but I am not a big fan yet. Might do forum work on my iPad.
6/8/2016 12:02 AM (edited)
All the issues that I mentioned above have been fixed. Thanks admin!
6/9/2016 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234
New format for the forums Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.