Position change quirk Topic

Fooling around with some stuff and found something that I thought was odd. I'm considering signing an extra lb and converting him to dl. So I looked at a current lb and looked to see what his numbers would look like if I converted him. Besides being shocked at what stats changed and how much, I realized that the kids we would go up 12 points. I was under the assumption that a position change always has a negative effect on a players we. I just figured that I would share this with others with the assumption that if I was incorrect in my assumptions, others may be as well.
6/6/2016 10:27 PM
There was a thread not too long ago where someone changed a LB to DL and his numbers went through the roof.
6/6/2016 10:48 PM
Speed jumped up like 28 points. I thought his str would go down but it stayed the same. Lost a chunk of tak and gi. Maybe tech too. I don't remember now but his we going up was interesting to me. I've also looked at te to rb recently. It won't help me this year but I may try some things out in the future.
6/6/2016 10:55 PM
I think WE will go up if he might be further up the depth chart in the new position group (ie: he was one of 7 DL's and will be one of 5 LB's).
6/7/2016 7:09 AM
Posted by hypnotoad on 6/7/2016 7:09:00 AM (view original):
I think WE will go up if he might be further up the depth chart in the new position group (ie: he was one of 7 DL's and will be one of 5 LB's).
That makes sense. Without the new recruits yet he'd be around 6 out of 7 lbs but he'd be at worst 3 of 4 for dl. Also kind shocked that str stayed the same and tak dropped.
6/7/2016 5:23 PM
I've tried it with this guy right here. I can't remember all of the stats, but he was originally a LB and I know his speed went WAY up while his tech went down but he's still growing. I think these next 2 years are where I'm going to see the true impact with everything still getting better

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=10448569
6/7/2016 5:35 PM
In most cases we drops when you change positions, however the LB to DL change has shown vast improvement in we and speed in the past. A few seasons ago I moved a LB to TE as an experiment and he was a huge contribution as a senior and helped me to a NC.
6/7/2016 5:53 PM
It appears that moving a RB to LB is the most desirable position change at the moment. Huge increase in speed and we but a big drop in tackling. I use my LB for pass coverage so it may be worth the gamble, considering the RB was not going to see much action at his current position.
6/7/2016 5:59 PM
Let us know how that goes. What is his new GI rating?
6/7/2016 10:06 PM
If I move my soph RB Carpenter to LB his ratings change as follows: Speed +10 WE +6 Blocking +15 Hands +22 / Tackling -13 GI -15 Elu -7 and tech -11 or a net gain of 7 points. If I would have made the move his Freshmen year the ratings change would have been more on the plus side. Also, I personally think that overall "team rating" plays big part of special teams play so it will benefit me there as well. My special teams have come up big in close games vs. tough opponents. I would be interested in sharing dialogue on special team philosophies with anyone as well.
6/8/2016 7:43 AM
If you switch a defensive player to an offensive position or do the opposite, I would guess your Formation IQ would start from O. Not sure, but it makes sense to me. That's a factor to consider.
6/8/2016 3:05 PM
Good observation mojo!! The last time I did it I was still at D3 Albright and formation IQ was not as important as it is in the upper 3 divisions!!
6/8/2016 5:21 PM
Take a look at this guy, converted from a TE to DL a season and 2/3 back. Initial total rating 717 now 836. Fastest DL I've ever had but tackles with the potency of a blancmange
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=10477175
6/9/2016 7:20 AM
This was the guy I switched from LB to DL when I was at Clemson.

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=10368678
6/9/2016 9:12 AM
From my experience, and I've switched a lot of players positions, if a guy is losing WE a position change will usually give him a big boost. RB to TE makes for a really fast TE. The one that I like best though is QB to K. I have recruited to do this, but usually it's just a walk-on. True story, I won a conference championship game because my opponent's BAD walk-on QB came in and turned the ball over multiple times. If only he had banished that walk-on to the bench as a K.
6/10/2016 8:41 AM
12 Next ▸
Position change quirk Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.