Erffdogg Memorial ML Themed - FILLED Topic

UPDATE: Just one team left. All we ask is that you name it after a ML team (don't care about stadium if you dont). Team names open include: San Diego, Chicago WhiteSox. ATL Braves. Historical defunct teams are also allowed.

Hi Again. We're looking for two owners to join Erffdogg Memorial, named or a long time player of WIS who passed away. We're are a ML themed league. This is one of the longest standing leagues in WIS - we're entering season 39 - and we're looking for two to join us. The league is a nice mix of long time, experienced owners with newer owners. The league is very friendly to new people and very helpful in providing tips top learn the game. Also very very competitive for the long timers that are looking for a challenge.

Here is a more detailed breakdown of the two teams we have available in hopes this pushes YOU over the edge and join us:

San Francisco Giants
First things first - you'll have the #4 pick in the draft. The pick is on top of a team built around players like Alberto Henriquez, Edgmer Bennett, Omar's Coming, Robert Jose. Lots of talent to either build around or to trade. You also have guys in the minors like Cozy and Josh Davis. Bottom line is you can come in and compete (this is a traditionally weak division with a few teams in rebuild mode) or you have assets o tear it down and rebuild in your own image. Either way , you're getting a good team and good value

Louisville Sluggers
Wait, i thought you said it as a ML theme? Well, it is, but a few teams got away from it. So we'd ask you to pick one of a few teams still available, like St Louis (put the ballpark wherever you want). As for the team - this team has traditionally been a .500 team. You're starting with a mid-teens draft pick, and a tam built around Chris Dixson, Pedro Gabriel, Slick Pena, among others. This team might need a little more love to compete for championships, but has some good assets to flip and turn into a good team.

If you're interested, please send me a sitemail. The league is ready to go - we need to fill these last two spots after unexpected drop outs. I will also consider league owners swaps to help get you started as well. Let's f'ing do this.
6/10/2016 9:38 AM (edited)
one spot may be one. Act Now!
6/8/2016 12:04 PM
Please join our league. Josepaco is threatening to beat us if it doesn't fill.
6/8/2016 7:26 PM
And you have the benefit of the hardest working commish in the land....
6/8/2016 11:04 PM
Join now...or later today is OK
6/9/2016 1:17 PM
Posted by sjpratt on 6/8/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
And you have the benefit of the hardest working commish in the land....
come on, don't go setting lofty expectations. I so lazy I had to take a nap after making these posts.
6/9/2016 2:07 PM
Bottom line is that this world is a great world. Many years we've had no openings. Named after an the founder of the world who died in a car accident, so many of the owners care deeply about this world, making it one of the most stable in WIS. If you join, you're guaranteed to have a good experience.
6/9/2016 3:17 PM
Posted by wholck on 6/9/2016 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Bottom line is that this world is a great world. Many years we've had no openings. Named after an the founder of the world who died in a car accident, so many of the owners care deeply about this world, making it one of the most stable in WIS. If you join, you're guaranteed to have a good experience.
good point wholck, we have owners still here since season 1 (we're on 39). Some other points to consider:
  • We don't care which bathroom you use
  • Judgment free zone (except for when we're judging you).
  • We are working together to Make WIS Great Again
  • We've built a wall to keep out tankers - unfortunately some of us were on the wrong side when it was built
  • You are guaranteed at least one Mal/svick/Bruce meltdown each season. Fun to watch
  • Erffdogg Memorial - Zika Virus free for (5) days and counting
  • I once ate a 60 oz T-Bone and got a plaque on the Shula hall of fame wall (Dilo can confirm)
6/9/2016 4:21 PM
Jose is too modest to admit it, but he also took a 48 oz dump after eating that steak. Oddly enough, Don Shula wouldn't put that picture on his wall, even though it was a record.
6/9/2016 11:20 PM
One is the loneliest number...
6/10/2016 9:30 AM
Posted by dakar on 6/9/2016 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Jose is too modest to admit it, but he also took a 48 oz dump after eating that steak. Oddly enough, Don Shula wouldn't put that picture on his wall, even though it was a record.
he wouldn't put it on the wall, but he did sign it for me.
6/10/2016 9:39 AM
Erffdogg Memorial ML Themed - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.