West Alabama Rebuild Season 3 Topic

Season 3 recruiting was pretty boring, I only had 4 slots. I recruited the following players also noted are their stat gains for the year (Guess ratings used):

RB - Hernandez 59.08 (2) (Redshirt) (17)
LB - Ross 50.59 (2) (24)
DB - McBride 50.58 (3) (45)
QB- Some SIM-AI that I cut at the end of the year.

Hernandez was RB5 according to GUESS. This was the first year I had any decent vision, so I took the stats over growth...which is not my normal course of action. I really still need talent.

Team Improvement by year. This is calculated at the beginning of the year:
Season School Full Roster
Rank
Avg Player
Rating
Recruit Class
Rank
Avg Recruit
Rating
108 West Alabama 30 55.80 25 47.76
107 West Alabama 60 52.58 39 49.12
106 West Alabama 139 49.03 40 48.24

Highlights:

1. This was the first recruiting year I had any vision. It was awesome seeing guys like Hernandez and McBride. Bummed I only had 4 slots.

2. My goal was to make the playoffs in season 3. WOW..we made the playoffs and won a conference championship! In full disclosure...superv forgot to switch out his scrubs in the first half. However, West Alabama held on in the second half for its first conference championship in a long time. We lost in the first round of the playoffs.

3. I did not carry a kicker this year and used the punter for FG's. He made 40/48 FG with a long of 49 yards. Not bad for a SIM recruit.

4. Season 3 will be the last season with any SIM recruits on the roster! Yeah.

Grades:

Recruiting: C+ - With only 4 slots I was able to land RB5 in the class. That was pretty cool.
Growth: B - I canned the whole "put more points in formations" and put more points in growth. Much better improvement.
Coaching: C - Meh...this is my weakest area of the game. My gameplanning needs much more work. I find much more enjoyment in assembling the roster than the games themselves. I will say that I improved enough to make the playoffs in my third season #humblebrag.

Thanks for reading. I will post more this next season.

6/8/2016 12:04 AM
West Alabama Rebuild Season 3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.