hitters park pitching options? Topic

So, I have tailored a team for yankee III. I have attempted to put low HR per inning and under .200 OAV# pitchers on my staff. Those of you that enjoy the challenge of a hitter friendly park, what do you look for in your staff? Also, do you prefer a strong 3 man staff with 900 plus innings or a staff of 4-5 starters with 220-290 innings each? All this and we have away games to think of!
6/8/2016 10:12 AM
How you split up the innings among your starters and what kind of rotation you use doesn't matter much. I've done everything from a 2-man to a 6-man rotation in Yankee III
6/8/2016 10:45 AM
When you're in a hitters park, assuming your offense is stacked, is it better to try to get, say, 1200 great innings or 1500 decent innings?

That's really simplistic, but what I'm getting at is, is it more important to stock up on innings so you can keep throwing 100% pitchers out there and win 11-10 games, or is it better to have fewer innings of higher quality and pitch guys under 100%?
7/11/2017 2:52 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/11/2017 2:52:00 PM (view original):
When you're in a hitters park, assuming your offense is stacked, is it better to try to get, say, 1200 great innings or 1500 decent innings?

That's really simplistic, but what I'm getting at is, is it more important to stock up on innings so you can keep throwing 100% pitchers out there and win 11-10 games, or is it better to have fewer innings of higher quality and pitch guys under 100%?
I would say you should count on there being blowouts both ways, so a couple hundred innings won't matter who's pitching. I'm still pretty new, but I don't worry about a mediocre couple guys with 150-200 innings to pitch long relief and mop up. Even that 4th/5th starter don't need to be stars. They'll win some games anyway.

So I guess I'd rather have 900 stronger innings from starters and 300 from relievers and fill in around them as cap space permits. Obviously the innings you need depend on the theme, as do your options for how good your staff can be period. But I think it's a decent guideline.
7/11/2017 6:39 PM
I believe WiS is 90% pitching, so once you find a stud, just use him over and over again. But in hitters parks, I feel defense is more important than in pitchers parks. I could be wrong, but I want range and fielding in hitters parks, I can sacrifice hitting and finder cheaper options
7/11/2017 6:52 PM
Total IP is more important than how you divvy up those innings between your pitchers. Wether you have great pitchers or just decent pitchers you still need about the same number of innings, the great ones are allotted fewer pitches per inning so it evens out. Good defense will reduce how many innings needed, high K pitchers will slightly reduce innings needed, very low BB actually increases innings needed. When unsure of inning count I like to draft a bad low IP pitcher who can spot start if I have fatigue problems and if I don't need him I haven't wasted much money.
7/11/2017 11:54 PM
A lot of it depends on what kind of pitchers you use. Personally, i tend to skimp on IP bc it means more money left for offense and rarely draft more than 1,200 IP regardless of which park i play at which is usually Hilltop, a very hitter friendly park. If you're in an OL, you could definitely get by with 1,200 IP at Yankee as long as you're willing to tank a few games and regularly use your AAA pitchers for 2-3 innings in blowouts. Their stats will be horrible, and you'll be on the receiving end of big run losses, but they can save your quality innings for when it counts.
7/12/2017 5:40 PM
Posted by mixtroy on 7/12/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):
A lot of it depends on what kind of pitchers you use. Personally, i tend to skimp on IP bc it means more money left for offense and rarely draft more than 1,200 IP regardless of which park i play at which is usually Hilltop, a very hitter friendly park. If you're in an OL, you could definitely get by with 1,200 IP at Yankee as long as you're willing to tank a few games and regularly use your AAA pitchers for 2-3 innings in blowouts. Their stats will be horrible, and you'll be on the receiving end of big run losses, but they can save your quality innings for when it counts.
That doesn't work in a theme league with no AAA though
7/13/2017 5:04 PM
I know what you mean bc i ran into a major innings issue recently when tried a theme league with no AAA or waiver wire. I drafted 800 SP innings and a bad 95 inning mopup guy who could pitch 7-8 inning. This would have been enough in an OL, But in the theme league i had to start the mopup guy close to 20 times and my team was winless whenever he started. Lol. I only had 1300 total innings which was the lowest in the league compared to most yeams having between 1400-1500. So GL.
7/14/2017 8:56 AM
hitters park pitching options? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.