Talent Vs Game planning Vs Random Number Generator Topic

So I have played the game for a little over a year. Once in a while I get into debates in these forums about importance of game planning. My stance has been that game planning takes a back seat to player talent and random number generator.

This season I have some examples to maybe have you rethink your opinion.

Game #1
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=5828644
I has negative yards rushing in 1st half.

Game #2
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=5866623

A little different result ? Maybe it was my brilliant game planning ? Possibly. Although I didn't change anything from game 1 to game 2

So in my opinion. Player talent is most important. RNG can decide many games ....game planning might make a difference with all things being equal.

Football sim ? Not a chance.

Fun? Yes it is
6/9/2016 3:04 PM
Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's, All things being equal, the game plan will help decide it. I still think that it's recruiting and winning in the playoffs/bowls that matters. Playoff/bowl wins equal more practice. More wins equal better vision. I can recruit pretty well, but what I lack is being able to develop my players longer each year by winning in the playoffs. It's a vicious circle, but for people that are competitive, it is what drives us.

6/9/2016 4:00 PM
Coaching matters once you get your talent within some threshold of your opponent. Until then, it will only affect the margin (of loss), but not the ultimate outcome.
6/9/2016 5:16 PM
Oh Gt_Deuce, we all know when you beat me it's All Luck, and when I beat you it's All Skill .
6/9/2016 7:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 6/9/2016 8:41:00 PM (view original):
talent over gameplanning isn't exactly a controversial stance but keep fighting the good fight sir
No need to fight the good fight in regards to talent trumping game planning. That wasn't the point. The point was how powerful the RNG is ....and in my opinion too powerful.

Although I guess it serves a purpose to help people believe their game planning was the difference after a big win. Keeps the money flowing for WIS
6/9/2016 10:10 PM
In my opinion, the RNG is about where it should be. Weird things always happen in sports, some that you just can't explain. I happen to like a bit of unpredictability.
6/9/2016 10:47 PM
Talent Vs Game planning Vs Random Number Generator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.