Timing of Call ups or send downs Topic

So i've noticed that if you promote someone very close to their training cycle, it doesn't have any positive effect. So like if a guy just progresses after a cycle, then you call him up, there is no effect. Or if you promote a guy, he won't have any progression in a training cycle for a long time. So is there an optimal time to promote someone and get the biggest ratings boost? Or you basically have to take one or the other?

Also, when is the best time to promote someone before the season starts? Like before spring training, during, or after?

Thanks
6/9/2016 5:12 PM
The best time to promote a prospect to the majors before the season starts is after spring training.

In the unlikely event that he suffers a significant injury during ST, you don't want him starting to accrue his ML service time while on a long DL stint. So keep him on a minor league roster, and if he comes out of ST healthy, then you can promote him.
6/10/2016 8:14 AM
I just promoted a few players in the organizations with 3 games left in spring training, they all received ratings increases but will they get the "start of the season"progression like everyone else does at the end of spring training/start of the season? I've noticed that is the biggest bump on ratings, I don't want them to miss out on that.
6/20/2016 11:41 PM
I don't think so as I've done the same and missed the "start of season" bump. Probably a bad move. Let us know.
6/21/2016 6:53 AM
I promoted guys after ST. They got an Opening Day bump, and then a Promotion "bump", but the Promotion bump didn't provide a boost to their ratings. It's still the same as their Opening Day ratings.
6/21/2016 10:21 AM
So the players I promoted before the end of spring training got a very small ratings bump but they did not get the big "start of season" ratings bump. The ones I promoted after spring training got the "start of season" bump but no promotion bump. so it looks like they will have either or, but not both. I think it is best to promote a guy after they get the start of season ratings increase
6/22/2016 2:22 PM
Timing of Call ups or send downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.