Alma Mater (Conference) World Topic

What if we had a world where all owners had to coach a team from the conference of the school they attended? Granted, it would take a while for the D1 owners to get up there, but how do you think it would all distribute out? Which Division would be most populated? Would D3 become more viable?
6/10/2016 12:01 AM
Darn, I wouldn't be able to play then since my alma mater didn't have a football team!
6/10/2016 10:46 AM
Yeah ok, maybe this would work better for Hoops Dynasty.
6/10/2016 11:50 AM
I wouldn't join. Coaching at D3 in this engine leaves too much to chance and as such isn't fun for me. I love the game planning aspect and the options for customization at that level are just too limited.
6/10/2016 11:52 AM
I would be in 1AA with the Illinois State Redbirds.

Another issue would be multiple coaches wanting the same university if it had multiple alums playing.

6/10/2016 2:17 PM
Great idea bj, however I am a 1973 Albright College grad and my daughter is a 2001 AC grad as well, however moved on after D3 was deemed an "introductory" level!! So I chose Villanova as my current coaching position because that is where my daughter earned her masters degree!! That being said, I obviously like to coach where I have some personal history!!
6/10/2016 6:16 PM
wareagle, yeah that's why I said people could take any school in the conference where they went. e.g. I went to Iowa State, and so since there is always a waiting line for ISU jobs (lol), I could take anyone in the Big 12 if ISU was already taken.
6/10/2016 6:20 PM
That sounds like it would be a bunch of fun to try out
6/10/2016 7:16 PM
Wis would have to update as my school was but now d2. So, when that happens...
6/16/2016 11:55 PM
Alma Mater (Conference) World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.