The death of hoops dynasty Topic

i hear nothing but negative reports on the new HD set up. Is it all doom and gloom? Is there any positives? Will a novice 10 year user be able to deal with this? is there a 2 month shut down period or is that a rumor? If I shut down for two months I don't know if I'll come back. Fill me in please.

P.S. Don't be a Richard about it!
6/10/2016 7:57 AM
I wouldn't say it's nothing but negative. There are a lot of people participating in the beta that have a lot of positives. And to his credit, Seble seems to be listening to our feedback. He won't be overhauling the system or anything but he's open to suggestions on budgets, attention points, walk on penalties, etc.

So I think it's going to take some more time to really get a feel for it. Another couple beta seasons will provide a better idea.

Like everything, it has pros and cons.
6/10/2016 8:12 AM
I've enjoyed the new format.
There are still some components that are being revealed to us, but it's all been pretty fun.
P.S. i think the title of this thread is inaccurate.
6/10/2016 9:07 AM
I was pretty vocal about the update when it was first announced, as I thought there were more important changes that should have been made first. I'm in their beta, and to be honest it's not that bad. With some tweaks it could be a good marketing move for Fox and HD (IF they advertise it).
As far as the process of scouting and recruiting goes, it will require some practice. I consider myself pretty proficient at D3 recruiting but ended up bringing in 409 and 394 rated players with okay potentials. I had a few D1 and D2 players show up at camps, but they weren't anything special. I'm looking forward to the next session of recruiting.
With that being said, I won't pay to play once it rolls out. It's a combination of real-life time constraints and honestly, not wanting to relearn a system that I've had success with in the past...I guess I don't want my cheese moved, lol.
The death of HD? I'm guessing no. But there will be long-term Coaches leaving for various reasons, but that happens anyway.
6/10/2016 9:49 AM
I have definitely leaned more to the negative but to say it has been all negative isn't true. The death of HD? The depends on how many people leave once it rolls out. We all know people will leave, the question is how many. Probably not enough that it will cause the literal death of HD. I can only speak for myself and even as someone who doesn't pay to play, I'm leaning towards walking away. Maybe to come back at a later date who knows. But I can't see the game shutting down. Hopefully it doesn't land the way of GD the way people talk about how that game is functioning, though technically still "alive"
6/10/2016 9:58 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 6/10/2016 9:59:00 AM (view original):
I have definitely leaned more to the negative but to say it has been all negative isn't true. The death of HD? The depends on how many people leave once it rolls out. We all know people will leave, the question is how many. Probably not enough that it will cause the literal death of HD. I can only speak for myself and even as someone who doesn't pay to play, I'm leaning towards walking away. Maybe to come back at a later date who knows. But I can't see the game shutting down. Hopefully it doesn't land the way of GD the way people talk about how that game is functioning, though technically still "alive"
I also would say that the worry shouldn't just be about a ton of coaches who leave the site altogether, but I think you'll also see a lot of coaches who stay, but go from 5-6 teams to 1 or 2.
6/10/2016 10:08 AM
Yes, acn, that's true as well. Forgot to bring that up.
6/10/2016 10:09 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 6/10/2016 9:08:00 AM (view original):
I've enjoyed the new format.
There are still some components that are being revealed to us, but it's all been pretty fun.
P.S. i think the title of this thread is inaccurate.
Needed a title to get some opinions! But yes innacurate on the large scale.....but for mediocre coaches like myself who like spending money because we suck to where we don't get any free seasons might view that as an accurate statement.
6/10/2016 10:18 AM
I will keep my 2 teams that I've had for a while.
I picked up a 3rd team in April for a planned 3-season stint, but it was something i was going to drop anyway.

Just thinking, tonight recruiting starts in Crum. My recruiting mindset has been focusing on the Beta World pretty heavily for the last week, so returning back to the "land of 10 immediate Scouting Visits" and all that wil be a re-adjustment.
6/10/2016 10:37 AM
I posted this on the other thread too, so this is a cut and past:

"I posted most the morning on the beta site, so did seble, and maybe 8-10 others. I thought it went real well & there is a legitimate dialogue going on to make things better. There is really very little trolling / flaming going on, most suggestions, problems identified, and ideas to fix. often seble pipes in with ?'s or answers or a proposal for change.

The new system is far from perfect, but I like it from a big picture perspective. I would urge those who are on the fence to stay there, and give it a chance. I really think the game will take away from the very successful, and move more success to the middle, until a group sort of overpowers the game, and figures out the 'game' within the game, and rise to the top again. That should be exciting for all the vets in the game."
6/10/2016 11:39 AM
I think it's great. The problem is that with most things, the rabble rabble are louder than the people that are happy.

It's the nature of the beast.
6/10/2016 11:58 AM
a D3 team also landed a 653 point #62 overall recruit.
6/10/2016 12:10 PM
I thought HD was already dead
6/10/2016 12:12 PM
no it won't be the death, I mean it's not like its flourishing right now anyways, but I'd be expecting most divisions to drop 10-20 coaches due to people leaving and cutting teams. I think it becomes a lot similar to GD maybe not as bad, but D2 and especially D3 you see the same 1-2 coaches win it every single season now with no restrictions on who you can sign. I think D1 becomes more balanced not sure how that affects some people. Seble seems to at least be paying attention however he seems extremely out of touch in a lot of areas with how he responds or explains things which I guess was expected. I still think there is a lot more people who haven't come out against it because they don't just post as much as people think it's literally just me against it 10-20 is probably reasonable maybe more I don't know how many teams people are going to cut, but I think it most coaches don't go over 3 teams that alone is really going to hurt some worlds we might end up with a few remaining at similar numbers now, but I'd expect a division like Tark D3 to be a wasteland. I think shutting down the worlds is going to have a bigger impact than people expect too and will probably cause a few people on the fence to just not return when the worlds open back up. I think it has actually made the game more complicated(and now no one really knows and is able to help out like now) and then at the entry level the talent gap will be huge so if there is any newcomers(which would be surprising as they can't do that free HD season after marchmadness anymore) I wouldn't expect a higher percentage to be sticking around just because of the update, probably the same rate of retention
6/10/2016 12:28 PM
The people who aren't outrageously outraged don't feel compelled to rant on the forums.
6/10/2016 12:36 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
The death of hoops dynasty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.