The death of hoops dynasty Topic

why didnt you scout more guys?
6/13/2016 8:44 PM
You mean me?

I listed it somewhere before, but can't remember the exact number that I scouted. I only had 13 grand and was playing around with the new system so I wasted a bunch getting a couple guys to level 4. But in the end I only had 5 or 6 guys that I actually thought were any good.
6/13/2016 10:04 PM
Between what Gill, FD, and Benis just posted this is beginning to sound worse and worse. I am so frustrated right now watching this great game get slowly destroyed piece by piece. Peace!
6/13/2016 10:12 PM
Since I'm not in the beta would someone please suggest what Taniajane had posted in a different thread and ask that they leave one, just one, world the way it is now. Please?
6/13/2016 10:15 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/13/2016 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Since I'm not in the beta would someone please suggest what Taniajane had posted in a different thread and ask that they leave one, just one, world the way it is now. Please?
Dream the impossible dream!!
6/13/2016 10:19 PM
Posted by mullycj on 6/13/2016 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Dream the impossible dream!!
I know, I know but it doesn't hurt to hope. Most of the time anyway.
6/13/2016 10:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet that one world would be more full than any worlds currently are.
6/14/2016 12:30 AM

Asked and Answered - From the Developer's Chat 3/4/16:

Some coaches enjoy the game the way it is. Could you possibly accommodate them by leaving one or two worlds the way they are, with the game being played the same as it is now in those worlds? (bistiza - Hall of Famer - 12:03 PM)

Unfortunately, no. I hope those coaches will keep an open mind about the changes.

6/14/2016 1:17 AM
Posted by possumfiend on 6/14/2016 1:17:00 AM (view original):

Some coaches enjoy the game the way it is. Could you possibly accommodate them by leaving one or two worlds the way they are, with the game being played the same as it is now in those worlds? (bistiza - Hall of Famer - 12:03 PM)

Unfortunately, no. I hope those coaches will keep an open mind about the changes.

Yes, I know that it had been asked in a developer chat. But a lot has changed since March 4th and maybe Seble has heard enough to reconsider his position on the matter. Still doesn't hurt to ask again.

Or since everyone is always clamoring for a new world, well, there's your chance boys, get in on the ground floor! Hell it isn't like it would siphon coaches from existing worlds because there are barely coaches in any of those anyway.
6/14/2016 4:53 AM (edited)
Posted by poncho0091 on 6/14/2016 12:30:00 AM (view original):
I'd be willing to bet that one world would be more full than any worlds currently are.
You won't get me to bet against you. That's a guarantee.

There really isn't any good reason NOT to leave one, maybe two, as they are. Just stubbornness. Give the consumers a choice, give them a world that is currently running the old style recruiting and give them several worlds running the new style recruiting. Let OUR dollars speak!!

What's the harm (besides not being able to save face)? You sir are correct, there IS no harm!!! It's a viable solution AND they may actually be able to retain a few extra coaches who are considering dropping teams. I would certainly keep one more team than I'm planning to keep. But I understand that we really don't have any say in the matter (regardless of what the beta test looks like) and since each world is so jam packed full of active coaches and then those tremendously long waiting lists to even think about trying to reserve a crappy team, I can see why WIS really wouldn't care if there were a significant number of teams that suddenly got picked up by coach Sim AI.

I'm dead serious about leaving a world as is but on the other hand I have a very distinct feeling that it would end up being a little (Okay, A LOT) on the embarrassing side for WIS.
6/14/2016 5:07 AM (edited)
I assume the answer would be that they do not have the technical capacity to run two parallel versions of the game.

Otherwise, the planned stall of worlds for many weeks would not be part of the alleged plan.
6/14/2016 5:57 AM
Posted by metsmax on 6/14/2016 5:57:00 AM (view original):
I assume the answer would be that they do not have the technical capacity to run two parallel versions of the game.

Otherwise, the planned stall of worlds for many weeks would not be part of the alleged plan.
Its been awhile since I was semi-literate in systems, but would not that simply require a dedicated extra server with the present system imported to?
6/14/2016 7:59 AM
Posted by possumfiend on 6/14/2016 1:17:00 AM (view original):

Seble knew that was too much to hope for, and that there would be a proliferation of "sky is falling" threads.
6/14/2016 8:05 AM
The new update does not work now, but I guess they will make some changes.
6/14/2016 8:17 AM
Posted by zorzii on 6/14/2016 8:17:00 AM (view original):
The new update does not work now, but I guess they will make some changes.
That could be copied and pasted from the complaints on the current system that they chose to ignore. I do assume they will make some changes and if those changes create more or different problems they May make more changes, when will that merry go round end? When they have something else to do and the game will sit with its problems unfixed as the current system did.
6/14/2016 8:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12 Next ▸
The death of hoops dynasty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.