Ask Hillary Topic

On July 22, 2016 WikiLeaks released around 20,000 emails apparently from top DNC officials, illustrating that Democratic officials favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders. The email release, only days away from the Democratic Primary, shed light into potential election fraud (the DNC hasn’t confirmed the accuracy of the email release) and questions regarding how Clinton won the presumptive Democratic nomination. Bernie’s faith and belief in God was questioned by DNC strategists in one WikiLeaks email, as illustrated in a Washington Post article by Tom Hamburger and Karen Tumulty titled WikiLeaks releases thousands of documents about Clinton and internal deliberations:

One email written May 5 to DNC communications director Luis Miranda from another party official suggests looking at Bernie Sanders’ faith.

[WikiLeaks: Democratic Party officials appear to discuss using Sanders’s faith against him]

“It might may [sic] no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,” the email from “[email protected]” says. “Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

It was well known that there had been friction between the Sanders campaign and an ostensibly impartial party apparatus.

The emails detail how bitter the relationship became, as the senator emerged as a real threat Clinton — the Democratic establishment’s pick…

With the Democratic Nomination upon us, it’s clear that questions remain regarding the legitimacy of fair elections. Targeting Sanders as being an atheist, in order to gain votes, is something that presumably Bill Maher, and other American atheists would find reprehensible.

7/24/2016 3:32 PM

Just days before the Democratic National Convention, Wikileaks has released emails from top DNC officials that appear to show the inner workings of the Democratic Party and what seems to be them attempting to aid the Hillary Clinton campaign during the primaries.

Several of the emails released indicate that the officials, including Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, grew increasingly agitated with Clinton's rival, Bernie Sanders, and his campaign as the primary season advanced, in one instance even floating bringing up Sanders' religion to try and minimize his support.

“It might may [sic] no difference, but for KY and WA can we get someone to ask his belief,” Brad Marshall, CFO of DNC, wrote in an email on May 5, 2016. “Does he believe in God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My southern baptist peeps woudl draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

Amy Dacey, CEO of the DNC, subsequently responded “AMEN,” according to the emails.

During the primary battle, Sanders and his supporters accused both the party and Wasserman Schultz of putting their thumb on the scale for Clinton and these emails may indicate support for those allegations.

Sanders called for Wasserman Schultz to step down, and in an April 24 email she received with an article detailing Sanders talking about the DNC being unfair to his campaign, the chairwoman responded, “Spoken like someone who has never been a member of the Democratic Party and has no understanding of what we do.”

After the Nevada Democratic Convention, where things got out-of-hand over a delegate fight, Wasserman Schultz called Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver a “damn liar.” In another instance, she referred to him as an “a--," according to the emails.

The DNC did not respond to requests for comment. The Clinton campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

7/24/2016 3:37 PM

In its recent leak of 20,000 DNC emails from January 2015 to May 2016, DNC staff discuss how to deal with Bernie Sanders’ popularity as a challenge to Clinton’s candidacy. Instead of treating Sanders as a viable candidate for the Democratic ticket, the DNC worked against him and his campaign to ensure Clinton received the nomination.

One email from DNC Deputy Communications Director Eric Walker to several DNC staffers cites two news articles showing Sanders leading in Rhode Island and the limited number of polling locations in the state: “If she outperforms this polling, the Bernie camp will go nuts and allege misconduct. They’ll probably complain regardless, actually.”

Instead of treating Sanders with impartiality, the DNC exhibits resentful disdain toward him and the thousands of disenfranchised voters he could have brought into the party.

“Wondering if there’s a good Bernie narrative for a story, which is that Bernie never ever had his act together, that his campaign was a mess,” wrote DNC Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda, in response to backlash over DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz shutting off the Sanders campaign’s access to voter database files.

Another chain reveals MSNBC’s Chuck Todd and DNC staff members discussing how to discredit MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski’s call for Wasserman Schultz to resign.

Most of the emails released come from seven prominent DNC staff members: senior adviser Andrew Wright, national finance director Jordon Kaplan, finance chief of staff Scott Comer, Northern California finance director Robert Stowe, finance director of data and strategic initiatives Daniel Parrish, finance director Allen Zachary and Miranda.

The release provides further evidence the DNC broke its own charter violations by favoring Clinton as the Democratic presidential nominee, long before any votes were cast.

Over the past several weeks, Guccifer 2.0 released several internal memos showing DNC staff strategizing to make Clinton the presidential nominee—as early as March 2015. In June 2016, Florida-based law firm, Beck & Lee, filed a class action lawsuit against Wasserman Schultz and the DNC based on the revelations from these leaked files.

Other emails show DNC staff in damage control over allegations from the Sanders campaign, when a report—corroborated by a Politico—revealed the DNC’s joint fundraising committee with the Clinton campaign was laundering money to the Clinton campaign instead of fundraising for down-ticket Democrats. Regardless of the fundraising tactics, because both major campaigns didn’t agree to use the joint fundraising committee super-PAC with the DNC, the DNC should have recused itself from participating with just the Clinton campaign.

The Wikileaks and Guccifer 2.0 leaks are the perfect end to a Democratic primary that undermined democracy at every possible opportunity while maintaining plausible deniability.

The party’s rules, including the use of super delegates—who disproportionately endorsed Clinton before the primaries began—are intended to provide the Democratic Party leverage over the election process. Throughout the primaries, decisions were made by DNC officials to help Clinton build and maintain a lead over Sanders.

More votes were cast for Clinton, but they were cast at the behest of a Democratic Party that downplayed her shortfalls to the extent that Sanders not only had to run against Clinton but also against the entire Democratic Establishment. Heading into the Democratic National Convention, voters are beginning to understand that their voices are of little concern to the leadership.

7/24/2016 3:39 PM

(CNN)Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz faced intense pressure Sunday to resign her post and was meeting with party honchos about her future, several Democratic leaders told CNN, urging her to quell a growing controversy threatening to disrupt Hillary Clinton's nominating convention.

A Hillary Clinton source expects Wasserman Schultz to be gone by the end of the day, while another Democratic source said President Barack Obama or a proxy for him may need to get involved and call Wasserman Schultz because her posture is that she was appointed by the president.
Wasserman Schultz is holding on, believing "she can weather this," a source told CNN
Short of her resigning, both critics and supporters within the DNC are demanding she issue a statement to deal with the many issues raised by the release of a trove of DNC emails by Wikileaks that appeared to show the party favoring Clinton over Bernie Sanders during the primary process.
In a meeting Sunday that was described as at times contentious, Wasserman Schultz said she wanted the statement issued in the name of Amy Dacey, the DNC's CEO.
"We said no," said a veteran party activist involved in the discussions. "She needs to own this."
Separately, a Democratic operative said Hispanic leaders close to Clinton and her high command were discussing Housing Secretary Julian Castro as a possible successor to Wasserman Schultz at the DNC helm.
Party officials decided Saturday that Wasserman Schultz will not have a major speaking role or preside over daily convention proceedings this week.
The DNC Rules Committee has named Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, as permanent chair of the convention, according to a DNC source. She will gavel each session to order and will gavel each session closed.
"She's been quarantined," another top Democrat said of Wasserman Schultz, following a meeting Saturday night.
David Axelrod, a former top adviser to Obama's presidential campaigns and a CNN senior political commentator, said Wasserman Schultz should resign.
"I would ask her to step aside. I would ask her to step aside because she's a distraction in a week that is Hillary Clinton's week," Axelrod told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."
One close Clinton ally said the hope is that Wasserman Schultz would get the message and leave her position before the convention kicks off Monday. "But she is stubborn," the Clinton ally said.
7/24/2016 3:41 PM

I'm the face of the democrat party. teehee
7/24/2016 4:11 PM

I'm fired? Thanks Donald.
7/24/2016 4:20 PM

Consider it done.
7/24/2016 4:25 PM

I will never leave you Debbie. I promise.
7/24/2016 4:32 PM

If I just shut up, I'll get a job and be taken care of for life.
7/24/2016 4:41 PM

YEAH! HE'S ONLY MY HALF-BROTHER!
7/25/2016 5:39 PM

BIG DEAL! HE'S ONLY HALF BLACK AND HALF AMERICAN! VOTE TRUMP!
7/25/2016 5:41 PM

My wife is the future.
7/30/2016 4:08 PM

Clinging to our gums and our bibble.
7/30/2016 4:10 PM
7/30/2016 4:13 PM

******** clinging to their guns and their Bibles.
7/30/2016 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Ask Hillary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.