player development Topic

Periodically I check in on my players to see if the practice times I've put in place are building their capabilities. Normally, given we are only a few games in, the results are minimal .. but at least something. I've been around a little while and this is the first time I've come across absolutely 0 improvement, specifically in my offensive line in the key areas of strength and blocking .. and even though they are practicing 25 min in each area. Is this something that is normal and I just never saw before or something I should look into? Thanks

Just to be clear, there are changes both positive and negative in other areas for my linemen as well as the other positions.

THanks.
6/14/2016 8:04 AM
What are their strength and blocking ratings now? If the ratings are already close to 90 or above, you might only see 1 or 2 points of improvement for the whole season. This is normal. Also, there actually might be a little bit of improvement in the numbers, but they just haven't registered on the rating bars.
6/14/2016 12:22 PM
Thanks Bjschumacher. Most of the starters are in the 90's for blocking and strength, the next tier, whom I do give playing time to, range from mid to upper 80's. I know the linemen in the 90's won't change much, it was more the guys with 84, 85 I was wondering about.
6/14/2016 3:04 PM
There was a post a few months back about players progressing but that the little green bars weren't showing it. Basically a kid would gain a point or two but unless you knew what his attributes were at the start of the season you wouldn't know he improved.

Im not sure this is what's going on here but it's a possibility.
6/14/2016 4:56 PM
Both your player and formation rating improvements look fine. There was a bug a few seasons ago but I haven't seen anything since. A good way to check is look at other teams in your league and compare. Your team compares favorably with it's improvements.
6/14/2016 5:05 PM
Thanks everyone
6/14/2016 8:51 PM
player development Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.