Rookie of the Year and other awards Topic

Anyone know the details of how players are ranked for awards in SimLeague Baseball? Especially Rookie of the Year?

It's no big deal since it does not affect game play, but the Rookie of the Year rankings have almost always seemed wrong to me. Position players are at a big disadvantage against pitchers. It seems pretty common to have four pitchers listed among the five contenders for RoY in each league.

In one current league, P Jim Deshaies (9-10, 26 Sv, 88.7 IP, 4.36 ERA) leads the Rookie of the Year race, ahead of 1B Wally Joyner (.301, 25 HR, 127 RBI) and 1B Will Clark (.329, 13 HR, 72 RBI). In real-life, Joyner would probably be a unanimous #1, with Clark getting most #2 votes.
6/14/2016 9:47 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/knowledgebase/KB_Article_Details.aspx?kbid=780
6/14/2016 10:11 AM
Thanks. Is anything known about the how the individual components are weighted, and how pitching stats are weighted relative to hitting stats? It looks to me like IP and Saves are given way too much weight.
6/14/2016 10:42 AM
Not to my knowledge. The referenced article is the only thing we have.
6/14/2016 11:56 AM
Rookie of the Year and other awards Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.