This place is toxic.... Topic

Posted by tannermcc on 6/14/2016 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Really embarrassing to come to the forums is see such vile negativity.

Does anymore remember the last beta at all? The first season of beta was COMICALLY bad. Every player reached their potential after one season and the overall talent level was ABSURDLY high. Like half of D1 prospects could max out most of their categories. It took multiple test seasons until they got even close to what it is today and even then once it was released it was still not great for a few months.

Personally I miss the old pre-potential HD where you could recruit a 99 we guy with 20 in everything and make him whatever you wanted him to be.Now its moreso finding the guy who will become what you want instead of being able to use practice to make them how you want. Each system is different and has their merits.

Is literally anything good after its first test?
I think something to consider in this statement is the fact that you and many others miss HD pre potential, but ultimately we settled once we got used to it. For those who have been extremely positive about the update and say everyone will just get used to it, that is part of the problem. Everyone is going to "settle" for a worse product, or quit. Instead of guys talking about missing pre potential, they will be talking about missing pre "whatever you want to call this update".
6/14/2016 6:40 PM
I cant understand this "Negative is Bad vibes man" attitude. Fact is this is a Company they supplied a "Fairly" successful product. The Company Ignored for years Customer Complaints and when they did act they supplied a TEST product that doesnt appear to answer those complaints and MAY cause more Complaints from Customers.

Yet, some say, they are trying!!,,,Hate to burst their bubble but they didn't care for years..and NOW I should say Thank You for changing a product to what you want, will you ignore it again when it is not right?. Anyone that complains is Negative Viral and some sort of PC leper.

It would be amusing if not for the seriousness of these "i am so happy they let me pay them money, and others should not complain" people
6/14/2016 6:41 PM
Not sure anything said (outside of Only's comments probably) could be considered vile. Most is just ******** about a situation that you have no control over.
6/14/2016 6:48 PM
Here's the thing for me, as a pessimist - Based on my experience with the current game, my experience with past major changes, and my experience with the beta thus far, I do not anticipate that the beta as intended can survive without enough major tweaking and rejiggering as to not make it considerably different than intended in order to work with what currently exists in any kind of equitable manner, and even if it did, I don't personally feel that it solves any of the issues coaches had issues with while also being more time consuming and less fun.

It's possible (quite) that I am wrong. I am a smart guy, but not that smart. My cynicism was earned over 7 years. Despite all that, the game has remained enjoyable. Those most vocal are probably, like me, saddened that they perceive that they will no longer have that same enjoyment. Perhaps it is premature to feel that way. I am trying to reserve judgement as best I can. It is hard to hold my tongue sometimes when the other end of the spectrum coaches who might not have very much experience seem blindly optimistic, but blind optimism got us to the moon, so who am I to say...
6/14/2016 7:18 PM
It is hard to hold my tongue sometimes when the other end of the spectrum coaches who might not have very much experience seem blindly optimistic, but blind optimism got us to the moon, so who am I to say...

Actually a lot of hard work, money, and ingenuity got us to the moon. Nothing else needs to be said.
6/14/2016 7:25 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/14/2016 7:25:00 PM (view original):
It is hard to hold my tongue sometimes when the other end of the spectrum coaches who might not have very much experience seem blindly optimistic, but blind optimism got us to the moon, so who am I to say...

Actually a lot of hard work, money, and ingenuity got us to the moon. Nothing else needs to be said.
Well, despite your official decree, I think I'll speak about whatever the **** I please. Thanks, though.

When JFK made the pronouncement that we would put a man on the moon by the end of the decade Americans had spent less than 15 minutes total in space, that sub-orbital, and we only had 8 1/2 years to do it.

Yes, all of the things you listed were vital. So was optimism.

Get the stick out of your *** - and btw, other people have history degrees too.
6/14/2016 7:35 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/14/2016 7:35:00 PM (view original):

Well, despite your official decree, I think I'll speak about whatever the **** I please. Thanks, though.

When JFK made the pronouncement that we would put a man on the moon by the end of the decade Americans had spent less than 15 minutes total in space, that sub-orbital, and we only had 8 1/2 years to do it.

Have zero clue on why money, hard work, and ingenuity (many inventions we take for granted or maybe just you came from this effort). Honestly you can play with sticks and people's *** all you want.
6/14/2016 7:41 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/14/2016 7:41:00 PM (view original):

Have zero clue on why money, hard work, and ingenuity (many inventions we take for granted or maybe just you came from this effort). Honestly you can play with sticks and people's *** all you want.
you are a clown. Have a great day.
6/14/2016 7:42 PM

German scientists....you forgot them.
6/14/2016 7:43 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/14/2016 7:42:00 PM (view original):

Your an idiot...hope day is equal to IQ
6/14/2016 7:50 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/14/2016 7:43:00 PM (view original):

nazi scientist*
6/14/2016 7:54 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/14/2016 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 6/14/2016 7:42:00 PM (view original):

Your an idiot...hope day is equal to IQ
No dog in this fight ... but if you're going to refer to someone else as an idiot you might at least take the time to get it right.
6/14/2016 7:55 PM
eeekkkk!

You just called someone an idiot and insulted their IQ (I guess?) while making a grammatical error a 3rd grader could spot.
6/14/2016 7:56 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/14/2016 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/14/2016 7:43:00 PM (view original):

nazi scientist*
We "rescued" germans, we punished nazis :)
6/14/2016 7:57 PM
What does "hope day is equal to iq" mean?
6/14/2016 7:58 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
This place is toxic.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.