This place is toxic.... Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 6/15/2016 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/15/2016 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Yup the their, there thing is big for me too.

I just don't think people realize that it makes you look like an idiot when you make these kinds of mistakes.
for a more complete review of grammar

1. "their, there" should be in quotes

2. "Yup" is not a word.

3. "People" is plural. The sentence should, therefore, go on to refer to what makes "them" look like an idiot.

4. "kinds of mistakes" is poor diction. It would be better expressed in a variety of other ways, including replacing the word "kinds" with "types".

5. "it" is singular and does not go with plural "kinds" of mistakes.

those would be initial notes on the grammar of this post. My personal view is that posts that are sufficiently grammatical to be well understood are fine in this medium

Have fun!
Yup is a word as well. At least according to MW. Tons of words are officially added to English every year, I'll see if I can find when "yup" was added. Probably in the early 2000s.
6/16/2016 9:32 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/15/2016 7:36:00 PM (view original):
If HD designated one world as pre-potential, leave recruiting as it is since it's NOT a major problem anyway, and fire coaches that deserve it (no matter how long they've been a customer), I'd be the FIRST in line without a doubt.
+1
6/16/2016 10:59 AM
Posted by joco45215 on 6/16/2016 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tannermcc on 6/14/2016 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Really embarrassing to come to the forums is see such vile negativity.

Does anymore remember the last beta at all? The first season of beta was COMICALLY bad. Every player reached their potential after one season and the overall talent level was ABSURDLY high. Like half of D1 prospects could max out most of their categories. It took multiple test seasons until they got even close to what it is today and even then once it was released it was still not great for a few months.

Personally I miss the old pre-potential HD where you could recruit a 99 we guy with 20 in everything and make him whatever you wanted him to be.Now its moreso finding the guy who will become what you want instead of being able to use practice to make them how you want. Each system is different and has their merits.

Is literally anything good after its first test?
Pre potential days.............when I thought I was a good coach....and work ethic was the hardest attribute to recruit lol
That actually seems really fun!
6/16/2016 11:01 AM

I just don't think people realize that it makes you look like an idiot when you make these kinds of mistakes.

2. "Yup" is not a word.

3. "People" is plural. The sentence should, therefore, go on to refer to what makes "them" look like an idiot.

4. "kinds of mistakes" is poor diction. It would be better expressed in a variety of other ways, including replacing the word "kinds" with "types".

those would be initial notes on the grammar of this post. My personal view is that posts that are sufficiently grammatical to be well understood are fine in this medium

Have fun!
Here's what you get for trying to be a snooty douche: points #2, 3, and 5 are absolutely wrong. #4 is irrelevant. So good job. You got 1 out of 5 right. Sort of. The use of quotes there is really a stylistic preference, but probably more correct than not.

Moreover, your "correction" in #3 is worse, grammatically speaking, than the original. People is not the subject of the phrase in question. That phrase is "it makes you look like an idiot." That's a complete sentence on its own, and is grammatically correct assuming there is something in close proximity defining "it;" having that come later in the sentence is technically not grammatically correct. However, you changed it to "it makes them look like an idiot," which does have a plural subject "them" being compared to "an idiot." So that's clearly wrong.

This is the same mistake you're making in point #5. You're listing all kinds of pronouns and nouns that don't modify one another and expecting them to have the same number. Every single word in a sentence doesn't need the same number. That would be ridiculous.
6/16/2016 12:10 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 6/16/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):

2. "Yup" is not a word.

Have fun!
Here's what you get for trying to be a snooty douche: points #2, 3, and 5 are absolutely wrong. #4 is irrelevant. So good job. You got 1 out of 5 right. Sort of. The use of quotes there is really a stylistic preference, but probably more correct than not.

Moreover, your "correction" in #3 is worse, grammatically speaking, than the original. People is not the subject of the phrase in question. That phrase is "it makes you look like an idiot." That's a complete sentence on its own, and is grammatically correct assuming there is something in close proximity defining "it;" having that come later in the sentence is technically not grammatically correct. However, you changed it to "it makes them look like an idiot," which does have a plural subject "them" being compared to "an idiot." So that's clearly wrong.

This is the same mistake you're making in point #5. You're listing all kinds of pronouns and nouns that don't modify one another and expecting them to have the same number. Every single word in a sentence doesn't need the same number. That would be ridiculous.
Awesome.
6/16/2016 12:52 PM
i'm just amazed at how many `complainers` keep playing season after season..
6/16/2016 3:37 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/16/2016 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by joco45215 on 6/16/2016 8:14:00 AM (view original):

Does anymore remember the last beta at all? The first season of beta was COMICALLY bad. Every player reached their potential after one season and the overall talent level was ABSURDLY high. Like half of D1 prospects could max out most of their categories. It took multiple test seasons until they got even close to what it is today and even then once it was released it was still not great for a few months.

Personally I miss the old pre-potential HD where you could recruit a 99 we guy with 20 in everything and make him whatever you wanted him to be.Now its moreso finding the guy who will become what you want instead of being able to use practice to make them how you want. Each system is different and has their merits.

Pre potential days.............when I thought I was a good coach....and work ethic was the hardest attribute to recruit lol
That actually seems really fun!
It was! It was what drew me to the game. Some people wanted the potential so bad that they ended up getting that. And some of these same coaches now kinda regret it. (I was one). If they would adjust the potential as on stamina, defense, (because I believe anyone can be great at those in real life if they worked on it). Obviously athleticism will always be you either have it or dont. (It Also shouldn't be as a dominate characteristic. ......I also believe WORK ETHIC matters too much..... A guy with high "We" could improve more so than the game lets him.....But these are my opinions and they really only matter to me. Lol
6/17/2016 7:33 AM
Posted by franklynne on 6/16/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
You don't think that might have something to do with the new update not being rolled out yet, do ya?
6/17/2016 9:31 AM

I miss pre-potential too. No doubt in my mind the game was more fun, although arguably less "realistic." It actually was "what-if" sports.

Do you think WIS would sell us the 2008 (pre-potential) code base? I'm sure there are some old back-up tapes around. We could just set up our own site.
6/19/2016 1:29 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 6/17/2016 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 6/16/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
You don't think that might have something to do with the new update not being rolled out yet, do ya?
You're right. They think it gives them something to complain about.
6/19/2016 9:17 AM
no we just still have a game to play right now that hasn't been ruined yet
6/19/2016 10:46 AM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/19/2016 10:46:00 AM (view original):
no we just still have a game to play right now that hasn't been ruined yet
This Coach Spud. This. It's not that difficult if you try to keep up.
6/19/2016 11:00 AM
oh come on we can't expect them to read anything and understand it, I think I posted that maybe 10 times now and they keep asking me when I'm going to leave, I don't think I could literally make it any clearer, but I guess they have a "negativity blocker" enabled or something to not ruin their safe spaces. They can't deal with 52% leaving or undecided.... not including those who never come back after the month off
6/19/2016 11:18 AM
CoachSpud try not to take a deep breath. The smell has to be horrid with your nose so far up seble's ***. I've been around for awhile now and never have so many been so unhappy about the game. Some didn't like it when potential came about and a small percentage left the game. This is not the potential update, this game will be done when this update takes effect. I'll go out on a limb and say 30% or less will return to this game. Even the one's happy with a change will not return after a long lay off. So the old timers like me will enjoy the time we have left with the game we've enjoyed for years. I swear I think seble may be my ex-wife, every time either of them pop up things get all ****** up.
6/19/2016 12:01 PM
Well I think seble banked on the long timers being so desperate for a change that they would be okay with anything really either that or they don't care since most long timers probably don't pay or if they do very little so they don't worry too much.

Trying to look at it from their side they clearly are working on making it so that new coaches don't get bored during the season since it takes awhile to get up and running without taking over a good program. Then solve imbalance at D1 by "hiding" players and negating prestige at D2/D3 + superconferences (however I think no dropdowns/pulldowns will make D3 more imbalanced) The update to how everything looks is their "marketing" of not looking like the game is so old and works better on mobile ( still think an app would've been the best, but I think thats out of their capability)

Oh well, there's going to be those who stick around and it will probably end up looking very similar to the current GD landscape.
6/19/2016 12:27 PM
◂ Prev 1234
This place is toxic.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.