It's All About the Draft (FULL!) Topic

That will close out the Wings. I'll have a league number tomorrow. Not enough free time at work tonight. My shift is much lighter on Friday evenings, so I should have plenty of time.
6/16/2016 10:21 PM
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 6/14/2016 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kiteport on 6/14/2016 7:38:00 PM (view original):
And I'm not saying this to knock the league. This is a great theme. But I have BUF dmen in the 80s and 90s. Again, I looked at Minnesota North Stars, and they have nothing on defense.

Is there a way to tweak that rule?
Both LA and Dallas/Minnesota have plenty of D-men in the 70s and 80s for under $5 million. Edmonton may not, but then again, since each franchise can be picked twice, Edmonton doesn't have to be taken by anyone if nobody wants that challenge.
With Edmonton you can twist Coffey to his D 87 season. Problem is, everyone else is Huge $pensive. I'm going to put an Oiler team together.. Keep it on the shelf and if someone quits or is a no show.. might enter it. Usually themes have one or two who either forget, or just don't ans site mails and etc

I think if you can get a 91, two low 80's and 3 good 70's you will be okay with this
6/18/2016 3:27 AM (edited)
No WHA. :)
6/18/2016 1:49 PM
Yeah, I'm sticking to the NHL draft only.
6/18/2016 11:01 PM
NJD
6/19/2016 12:27 AM
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 6/18/2016 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'm sticking to the NHL draft only.
That makes perfectly good sense, because Brian Sutter and Federko were both taken in WHA drafts. So.. no Oiler team
6/19/2016 2:35 AM
Welcome aboard jmerch! We're more than half way there now.
6/19/2016 11:40 AM
Hey, SAK.

I'll take that Edmonton challenge.
6/19/2016 3:30 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 6/18/2016 3:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 6/14/2016 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kiteport on 6/14/2016 7:38:00 PM (view original):
And I'm not saying this to knock the league. This is a great theme. But I have BUF dmen in the 80s and 90s. Again, I looked at Minnesota North Stars, and they have nothing on defense.

Is there a way to tweak that rule?
Both LA and Dallas/Minnesota have plenty of D-men in the 70s and 80s for under $5 million. Edmonton may not, but then again, since each franchise can be picked twice, Edmonton doesn't have to be taken by anyone if nobody wants that challenge.
With Edmonton you can twist Coffey to his D 87 season. Problem is, everyone else is Huge $pensive. I'm going to put an Oiler team together.. Keep it on the shelf and if someone quits or is a no show.. might enter it. Usually themes have one or two who either forget, or just don't ans site mails and etc

I think if you can get a 91, two low 80's and 3 good 70's you will be okay with this
I drafted the Oilers 3x and couldn't make it work, especially on defense. Too bad. Could Kurri score enough to make up for it? I doubt it.
6/19/2016 7:54 PM
And you need the 65D Coffey with the points just to generate points from that backend.
6/19/2016 7:55 PM
ill take the second Boston Bruins team
6/19/2016 10:09 PM
Posted by kiteport on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 PM (view original):
And you need the 65D Coffey with the points just to generate points from that backend.
Can't do an Oilers team
6/20/2016 3:40 PM
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 6/16/2016 10:21:00 PM (view original):
That will close out the Wings. I'll have a league number tomorrow. Not enough free time at work tonight. My shift is much lighter on Friday evenings, so I should have plenty of time.
Shift work can be a killer. used to work as shift engineer in a Refinery. Good $ but they went on rotating 12's thinking 4 on and 4 off would be great, but off night shift, you are 3 days re adjusting. Forever dead tired.

Former sched was 7-2-7-2-6-4off Nights afternoons, days. You had actually 5 straight days off every month. Easy to adjust because just one total body clock swing every 28 days. I quit after a year of that torture shift. Took a job for 3/4 the pay and NO UNION. Designing piping systems, condensate returns systems _for a pulp mill project) and drawing the G.L. Little stress, and a fun job. Not so much in a refinery when you have a fire breakout in an oily water sewer. It goes BOOM and all the manhole cover lids fly into the air.Dumb welders.. then there's the explosion.. no fun at all.

Meteorologist can stay on one shift for a month?
6/20/2016 3:48 PM
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 6/20/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 6/16/2016 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Shift work can be a killer. used to work as shift engineer in a Refinery. Good $ but they went on rotating 12's thinking 4 on and 4 off would be great, but off night shift, you are 3 days re adjusting. Forever dead tired.

Former sched was 7-2-7-2-6-4off Nights afternoons, days. You had actually 5 straight days off every month. Easy to adjust because just one total body clock swing every 28 days. I quit after a year of that torture shift. Took a job for 3/4 the pay and NO UNION. Designing piping systems, condensate returns systems _for a pulp mill project) and drawing the G.L. Little stress, and a fun job. Not so much in a refinery when you have a fire breakout in an oily water sewer. It goes BOOM and all the manhole cover lids fly into the air.Dumb welders.. then there's the explosion.. no fun at all.

Meteorologist can stay on one shift for a month?
I've been on the same shift for nearly 2 years. My hours don't change, but the workload does on certain days.
6/20/2016 9:12 PM
That's a WHOLE lot better than rotation, unless you are on nights all the time.
6/21/2016 6:23 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
It's All About the Draft (FULL!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.