Season 122 Coaches Poll Topic

Due at midnight tonight.

Eligibility: Anyone currently coaching in the Wilkinson World, to include D2 and D3.
How it will work: Each Coach can submit a Top 10 list for D1A and D1AA. Each school on their list will then earn points for their rank; 1st place equals 10 points, 2nd place equals 9 points, and so forth. The points will be totaled from all submitted entries and then the schools that have the most points will be presented in the Coaches Poll.
Where can I submit my Top 10: Coaches can sitemail me their list, email it to me at [email protected], or post it in this forum topic.
6/15/2016 3:24 AM
So I will have the results posted later today.. however I am only going to post it in here. Two things are going on today: I'm in Rome and wont have my computer and only 3 people participated.

*Really disappointed in the participation this time around but hopefully everything turns out better on the next cycle.

Thank you to awags, deenhorvie, and arcadecowboy for sending me your polls.

6/16/2016 1:50 AM
I am on the road... I will try to participate the next time!
6/16/2016 10:12 AM
I'm with hitman. I was travelling this week too. sorry!
6/16/2016 7:51 PM
Sorry - forgot to check the forums
6/16/2016 11:32 PM
May be a bit dated now, but here were my votes:

Edit: teams matched up with their Game of Thrones equivalent. Hope there are no spoilers ...

1. Sacred Heart. 5-0. Bested Drake and Northeastern, two DIAA elites, along with perennial playoff teams Nova and Sam Houston. Won't face another challenge en route to a #1 seed. GOT = the High Sparrow. Has handled all challengers so far, but bigger challenges are sure to come.

2. Tennessee Tech. 5-0. The defending champs also defeated 4 playoff caliber teams, but based on their 2nd half dismantling of Holy Cross, silenced (at least 'til Friday) those critics who doubted an elite team could start a redshirt freshman and remain elite. GOT = The Mountain. Smarter than the Mountain, but can anyone beat TT in a straight up fight?

3. Drake. 4-1. The highest scoring team in DIAA, made some good teams look very bad. Lost a squeaker to Sacred Heart. This is a team that could beat anyone, but they'll have to wait awhile to prove it. Not much to challenge until the CC, so think of this as the Daenerys Targaryen in Slaver's Bay stretch of the schedule where nothing much happens. Yeah, that's right, GOT = The Mother of Dragons.

4. Eastern Kentucky. 5-0. The defending OVC champs head into conference play looking very strong, having pushed around 5 human teams in non-conference. If still undefeated on 6/20, will be hard to argue against EKU as the number 1 team, but the OVC is a meatgrinder, so even if they do pick up a few dings, will still be a dangerous playoff team. GOT = House Tyrell. The whole house. Hasn't lost yet and has a very strong army, but some very dangerous times yet to come.

5. Holy Cross. 4-1. Crusaders star QB David Childers has almost been sacked in 5 games as many times as all of last season, including the playoffs. That's mostly thanks to Tenn Tech, but Childers also struggled vs Youngstown State and Holy Cross barely held on for a 27-20 win. For a team that relies so heavily on the pass, its OL will need to find a way to keep the pressure off Childers to get deep into the playoffs. GOT = Jon Snow. Because he got killed, but still might win this whole thing.

6. Northeastern. 3-2. Got pwned by Sacred Heart and Drake, but this team and coach has been to the last two NC games, won one, and this squad does not have a drop off in talent. And in 9 weeks/days will be 12-2 and A10 champs (GL to you in the CC, Buck or Kas), and a 1 or 2 seed. GOT = The Hound. Maybe the best fighter out there, but has taken a couple smacks to the face.

7. Youngstown State. 4-1. Holy Cross smothered the Penguins pass game, but Youngstown took HC to the wall and just barely came up short. A talented team but not a heavy schedule, so hard to bet on them until they draw elite blood in the playoffs. GOT = Littlefinger. Not sure what they're capable of.

8. Southeast Missouri. 4-1. This is a strong defensive team who doesn't put up a ton of yards, but finds ways to win. Came through a tough 5 human non-conference with only one loss (Northeastern). In the OVC, so the tests aren't going to let up much. Will still be tough come playoff time. GOT = Jaime Lannister. Only one hand, but still finds ways to win.

9. Jacksonville State. 4-1. Played 5 humans, including 3 playoff teams from last season. One of the top passing teams in DIAA, will face four challenging OVC teams in conference play, and will find out very soon how they stack up. GOT = Brienne of Tarth. Just keeps having to fight everybody.

10. Texas State. 5-0. I wanted to put Eastern Illinois here, but in a question of "what have you done for me lately" I have to put Tejas State, who beat EI 30-29, along with 3 other human coaches of moderate success. So, the nod to phimutau, who goes into a tough Big Sky with more to prove. GOT = Arya Stark. Might not win it all, but will probably stick someone else with the pointy end before this is all over.

Honorable mention to Jacksonville, too.
6/17/2016 2:11 AM
I don't know GOT but that was a thoroughly enjoyable read
6/17/2016 4:03 AM
AC! That was an excellent read!
6/17/2016 7:25 AM
Brilliant!! Brilliant!! Brilliant!! GOT is my favorite show and you nailed every one of them.
6/17/2016 9:08 AM
Just double checking, when is the next poll scheduled?
6/20/2016 7:31 PM
I'm going to have to put a temporary hold on the poll for this season. We just got back from Rome and I struggled to do my recruiting for Heisman and didn't have any time to gameplan (luckily I only faced sims).. this week we will be going to France since I was able to acquire some Euro cup tickets and outside of the games my wife will want to do anything that's far away from a computer.

Sorry guys.. just blame it on summer.
6/21/2016 1:28 AM
Man genuvar I feel so bad you keep having to travel to all these terrible places. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

On a serious note enjoy the summer! Sounds fun!
6/21/2016 1:20 PM
I'd be cool with arcadecowboy delighting us with another write-up! LOL!
6/21/2016 3:00 PM
Season 122 Coaches Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.