One thing I have found.... Topic

One thing I have found is that if I run a lot, in general the ranking system tends to put you a lot lower than if you are a primarily passing team. Not sure if that is cause you score more as passing team or what ?
6/15/2016 4:06 PM
I agree mojo!! I am old school and I prefer the ground game over passing, however if you have a quality QB the turnover ratio of running vs. passing is eye opening!! So far this season I am passing about 80% of the time and my soph. QB at Villanova Dobie has thrown zero interceptions while my running backs have committed 3 fumbles!! Until the new engine becomes more realistic regarding fumbles vs. interceptions I will stay with my current philosophy. If I had my way I would run the ball 90 times a game and pass enough to keep my QB from transferring!! lol
6/15/2016 7:43 PM
The numbers are as follows. 313 pass attempts- 0 interceptions 141 rushes- 3 fumbles lost. It really gives your opponent an advantage if you run the ball no matter the quality of the OL and RB's!! jmo
6/15/2016 7:47 PM
Posted by mojolad on 6/15/2016 4:06:00 PM (view original):
One thing I have found is that if I run a lot, in general the ranking system tends to put you a lot lower than if you are a primarily passing team. Not sure if that is cause you score more as passing team or what ?
Margin of victory does factor into the rankings, so if you're a plodding but dominant run-first team, you might be disadvantaged versus a throw-a-1000-times team.
6/15/2016 7:52 PM
I didn't know that Hypnotoad. Thanks.
6/16/2016 10:03 AM
Posted by albright73 on 6/15/2016 7:47:00 PM (view original):
The numbers are as follows. 313 pass attempts- 0 interceptions 141 rushes- 3 fumbles lost. It really gives your opponent an advantage if you run the ball no matter the quality of the OL and RB's!! jmo
Noticed that awhile back. Worried about turnovers? Solution = pass more.
6/16/2016 11:12 AM
One thing I have found.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.