POLL: Are you leaving or are you staying? Topic

Haven't been keeping up with the forums lately, so maybe this has been done, but... are you leaving or are you staying after the beta kicks in?
Votes: 144
(Last vote received: 7/14/2016 5:07 PM)
6/16/2016 1:16 PM
Need a fourth....staying but cutting all the way back to one team, and will see how long I will put up with paying for it if is still in need of constant fixes.
6/16/2016 1:21 PM
I am staying but I am cutting three teams before Beta. Then if it's screwed like it is now, I will see. I think there are concerns to be adressed.

1) How can I scout sufficient talent to build a D1 team? At Arizona State it was not possible for me as I only got an ineligible international.
2) How are you going to fix the EES mess? I had a EE at Arizona State and nothing to recruit in the second part of the recruiting.
3) How can you develop a strategy when you have players signing late other signing early... and you do not know about it? Anyways, that idea is kinda of helping big six teams with high prestige more than ever. At least, in the last system, big six with A and up had to remain on their guy to avoid battles so they did not commit too much until signings.
4) How do you prevent top recruits to sign with D3 or D2 or whatever... I don't want recruiting to be a chase for D1 talent at D3 or a chase for top talent at D1 for D2. It needs to be capped somehow or at least great talent should go to SIM D1.
5) Who had the idea to cut down money for top conférences? I mean, it's the friendship we build, the competitiveness between ourselves that makes it fun, but we need some sort of incentives. And the RPI records and other fun stuff that we post on the forum will forever be behind us. If there are no advantage in being in a top conference, will select locations instead.
6) Is it possible to not discover signed players, or players that are unable, for sure, to play D1.. I had so many bad players discovered, I was about to fire my assistant, all my staff and start to think that as a coach, I had lost my mind.
7) There are just not enough recruits in D1... You need to generate more.
8) Make the recruiting page more user friendly. We need to be able to track our interest to discovered players easily.
9) Too many scouting trips, cut one level.
6/16/2016 1:35 PM
I think, from looking at the signings, that Seble took care of #4:
4) How do you prevent top recruits to sign with D3 or D2 or whatever... I don't want recruiting to be a chase for D1 talent at D3 or a chase for top talent at D1 for D2. It needs to be capped somehow or at least great talent should go to SIM D1.

There were no repeats of the top 100 or even I believe any 2 Star rated players signed by Div 2 or Div 3 that I saw today. Kinda makes me as a Div 2 loving coach sorry I mentioned the Coe incident and the #17th ranked PF signing with a Div 3......
6/16/2016 1:43 PM
For me, I just don't have enough time to learn this new system which seems to be a lot more time-intensive and complicated. I suspect that there are plenty others like me. From my brief experience with the beta, it seems more like a video game dynasty mode than an online game that people commit a few minutes to each day and maybe a half hour or so a day during recruiting, which is the way it was. I wish he would keep even one world the way it is because I would definitely stay in that.
6/16/2016 1:46 PM
I am not committed to leaving - despite voting that way. I am committed to cutting back on teams. Have done so and will likely cut one more. then, I'll use my credits which may be several seasons. If the new game isnt too time consuming, I may continue.
6/16/2016 1:57 PM
I'll probably leave. I just don't have time for this right now. The stated goal was to make recruiting more flexible, but it's looking like the exact opposite. Giving us the 12-hour cycle certainly helps. But still, if you miss the first day, you can never catch up on those attention points you're now behind by. In the old game you could spend a little extra in some cases, and considering credit was small enough that at least at D2 and D3 missing the beginning of recruiting was a setback, not a knife in the heart of your class. Obviously in high D1 all such bets are off. That's part of the reason I don't enjoy D1 (not nearly the whole reason, but a part). Now we're making the whole thing that way.
6/16/2016 3:46 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/16/2016 1:43:00 PM (view original):

There were no repeats of the top 100 or even I believe any 2 Star rated players signed by Div 2 or Div 3 that I saw today. Kinda makes me as a Div 2 loving coach sorry I mentioned the Coe incident and the #17th ranked PF signing with a Div 3......
Would have signed Mr. Baskteball in CO (William Millett) who was 94th overall in DII. I ran out of ships.
6/16/2016 3:48 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/16/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):

Would have signed Mr. Baskteball in CO (William Millett) who was 94th overall in DII. I ran out of ships.
if you didn't have a scolly there is no would have
6/16/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/16/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):

*I was going to withdraw the scholarship offer of the worst player I recruited but decided to play it safe and took that player (who signed in the first cycle) a DI sim was on Millett and although it was low compared to my very high, I took the other player.
6/16/2016 3:57 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/16/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 6/16/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):

*I was going to withdraw the scholarship offer of the worst player I recruited but decided to play it safe and took that player (who signed in the first cycle) a DI sim was on Millett and although it was low compared to my very high, I took the other player.
The beta isn't about "playing it safe". The beta is about pushing the limits of the system to uncover any bugs or glitches. By "playing it safe" you're doing a disservice to everyone that is going to end up stuck with this thing.
6/16/2016 4:21 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/16/2016 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Need a fourth....staying but cutting all the way back to one team, and will see how long I will put up with paying for it if is still in need of constant fixes.
Definitely need this as a fourth choice.
6/16/2016 4:22 PM
Emy is right ...your are not stuck with the BETA team...tho I wonder if some new people think that was an easy way to move up in worlds...Beta is for looking for flaws...and there will be a TON when released..better to find them now to point them out or if selfish exploit later
6/16/2016 4:24 PM
Just for ***** and giggles, imagine if this small sample size represents the actual numbers of coaches when this thing rolls out. Split the undecideds in half to be fair.

Could the game survive losing roughly 40% of the coaches it currently has? Even if all the Undecideds stay, could the game still survive losing roughly a quarter of the current coaches? 40% dooms the game I'm afraid. Honestly, even 25% might be enough. I'm not saying the sky is falling, not yet anyway, but if you look at this without your rose colored, rah, rah glasses on it doesn't look very good.
6/16/2016 4:28 PM
sure many of the players like spud enjoy playing against Sims...makes them feel like they accomplished something
6/16/2016 5:00 PM
1234 Next ▸
POLL: Are you leaving or are you staying? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.