POLL: Are you leaving or are you staying? Topic

Posted by taniajane on 6/17/2016 5:51:00 PM (view original):
I assume that means you can do low level recruiting prior to recruiting..this is what kills me.....the disinformation on a system that changes not weekly....daily..but at times hourly..sure it is BETA...but sheesh..maybe run it longer than they plan
You ever get tired of being wrong?
6/17/2016 9:09 PM
Leaving + undecided makes up 57% of the vote thus far. Notables on the leaving list (apologies if you're a very good coach and I missed you, but I've only ever been in three worlds and have only been in Crum for the past three years or so (real-life time)) include jsajsa and pepwaves (two of the GOATs), dacj501, dahsdebater, and emy1013, amongst others.
6/17/2016 11:08 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 6/17/2016 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Leaving + undecided makes up 57% of the vote thus far. Notables on the leaving list (apologies if you're a very good coach and I missed you, but I've only ever been in three worlds and have only been in Crum for the past three years or so (real-life time)) include jsajsa and pepwaves (two of the GOATs), dacj501, dahsdebater, and emy1013, amongst others.
I put myself in the undecided camp and after all the battles we've had you still don't mention me? True disrespect backboy. See if you stay on the Christmas card list this year.
6/17/2016 11:59 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 6/17/2016 11:59:00 PM (view original):
I put myself in the undecided camp and after all the battles we've had you still don't mention me? True disrespect backboy. See if you stay on the Christmas card list this year.
I didn't include users on the undecided list, you know you would've been first if I had! And neither jsa nor pep would've been mentioned as two of the GOATs, because that title belongs to you and nobody else (hope that gets me back on the Christmas list)
6/18/2016 12:34 AM
I assume that means you can do low level recruiting prior to recruiting..this is what kills me.....the disinformation on a system that changes not weekly....daily..but at times hourly..sure it is BETA...but sheesh..maybe run it longer than they plan
The misinformation is in the forums. What a surprise.
6/18/2016 1:49 AM
i really dont get you folks griping about this stuff, you've made several posts like this. seble is doing a good job running the beta - like it or not, that is irrelevant - in terms of actually running it hes doing pretty well. its like you guys are expecting beta to mean production ready - which by definition is not the case. griping about change and bugs in a beta is just insane, i don't know where you guys are coming from at all. definitely not a place of reasonableness.
6/18/2016 4:24 PM
just to show emy a little respect, it is a little crazy to call anyone on that list as a GOAT and for it not to be emy. that is all :)

staying + undecided makes up the vast majority so i guess depending on how you want to spin the undecided vote, you can. always, these kinds of polls are going to skew negative. when the update was announced i put up some polls about the update and it predictably started way more negative and trended positive - because the "hard core" users are more active on the forums and more against the update, and the casual folks are not checking the forums on a daily basis. plus, its easier to say you are leaving than to actually leave, so i wouldn't read too much into something like this. frankly, im surprised the number is as low as it is, we were guaranteed to lose a lot of coaches the minute seble set his mind on a recruiting overhaul after years of radio silence.
6/18/2016 4:35 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/18/2016 4:35:00 PM (view original):
just to show emy a little respect, it is a little crazy to call anyone on that list as a GOAT and for it not to be emy. that is all :)

staying + undecided makes up the vast majority so i guess depending on how you want to spin the undecided vote, you can. always, these kinds of polls are going to skew negative. when the update was announced i put up some polls about the update and it predictably started way more negative and trended positive - because the "hard core" users are more active on the forums and more against the update, and the casual folks are not checking the forums on a daily basis. plus, its easier to say you are leaving than to actually leave, so i wouldn't read too much into something like this. frankly, im surprised the number is as low as it is, we were guaranteed to lose a lot of coaches the minute seble set his mind on a recruiting overhaul after years of radio silence.
so your saying the casual users wont also leave? That is some great reasoning, they wont post here so they wont leave. I think I COULD BE TOTALLY Wrong, but wont make the predictions as you do. I will say that a lot of users will cut back on teams (as shown in this very small and inaccurate survey)making more empty worlds The new program demands Way too much time in scouting. and recruiting and is not logically set up for ease. It MAY solve some of the complaints that were made for years and Ignored..but seriously who knows? How many Beta years would answer that question when changes are made and either no one knows what they are and Definitely dont know how each One has an effect on the past ones.

This will be rushed out, after a 4-5 week shut down and people will pay to find more problems or not.
6/18/2016 4:53 PM (edited)
WIS has handled the future for HD about as well as RIM handled blackberry
6/18/2016 11:11 PM
I am undecided, but am leaning toward leaving. I truly never thought the day would come as I REALLY enjoyed HD. I think my wife will be happy though....

**Note to WIS....it's not too late to can some of these ideas. I know you've dumped resources into this that would be tough to swallow, but it may outweigh the net loss in revenue from coaches leaving. Some of the facelift stuff is cool though.
6/19/2016 1:16 AM
Posted by taniajane on 6/18/2016 4:53:00 PM (view original):

so your saying the casual users wont also leave? That is some great reasoning, they wont post here so they wont leave. I think I COULD BE TOTALLY Wrong, but wont make the predictions as you do. I will say that a lot of users will cut back on teams (as shown in this very small and inaccurate survey)making more empty worlds The new program demands Way too much time in scouting. and recruiting and is not logically set up for ease. It MAY solve some of the complaints that were made for years and Ignored..but seriously who knows? How many Beta years would answer that question when changes are made and either no one knows what they are and Definitely dont know how each One has an effect on the past ones.

This will be rushed out, after a 4-5 week shut down and people will pay to find more problems or not.
no, im not saying that. what im saying is the hyper intense crowd here is far more anti-update than the casual crowd, and therefore, any poll like this skews negative up front - and maybe always - but especially up front. from past experience, i expected that result when i ran similar polls before the update - and even said at the time, no way it stays this bad as time goes on, but even with that, it looked pretty bad. the polls did move significantly over time as the highly active crowd votes got watered down with more casual votes.
6/19/2016 12:11 PM
really needed a poll that included coaches not leaving but cutting teams, that's probably going to have as big or even bigger impact than coaches who leave completely. The shutdown will probably impact the casuals more than it would the regulars, casuals what probably don't check everyday and I would assume there is a sizable portion who are still unaware of the update, so when the worlds are frozen coaches who don't check everyday are going to be shocked.

as well as undecided leaning no and undecided leaning yes woud've made this a little clearer picture.
6/19/2016 12:30 PM
I am cutting three teams. I already cut one. One world I would not quit if the job logic was logic is Tarkanian, but I've waited enough to get to a big six team.
6/19/2016 12:44 PM
it will be interesting to see world population numbers from maybe a month ago to right before the updates to a few seasons after the updates as we will have the current numbers, the coaches cutting teams before the updates, and then coaches leaving/cutting more teams.

There hasn't been any new info on a marketing push besides just making the game look a little prettier or did I miss that?
6/19/2016 1:13 PM

Well thank you Gill!
6/19/2016 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234
POLL: Are you leaving or are you staying? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.