WIS Wants Sim AI teams Topic

Yes, this is obvious. Hard to believe, considering that there are so many Sim AI teams in all the worlds, and that people are always complaining about Sim AI teams. So, why is it then that coaches are "fired" from teams, so that their old team can be turned into a crap squad by the Sim AI? The only explanation is that WIS does not want our business. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder.

For those wondering, I was just "fired" after taking over a team that finished last in its conference, and subsequently took that same team to four consecutive bowl games. Now a Sim AI will likely lead a Top-5 recruiting class into oblivion almost immediately.

Thanks, WIS, for pointing out that I am free to buy more teams at a different level. I'm going to have to decline that offer. In fact, I am not buying any more Gridiron Dynasty OR Hardball Dynasty teams. The ones I currently have will play out their remaining seasons and then that's it. Sim AI's can take over. Enjoy.
6/17/2016 6:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The more logical way to fire coaches would be based on competence. For instance, are you losing games to lousy teams? In my last 4 seasons (after my two initial rebuilding years), I lost only one game to a team that I clearly should have beaten. Every other loss was to a team that was either ranked higher or had a better record in the league. How about firing coaches who don't do any recruiting? Or those who don't redshirt freshmen who never play? Etc.
6/18/2016 2:23 AM
You should talk to customer service and explain that the idea of firings may have been neat when all teams were taken but now it should be abandoned like injuries. They should not want to lose live coaches.
6/18/2016 12:01 PM
Posted by mojolad on 6/18/2016 12:01:00 PM (view original):
You should talk to customer service and explain that the idea of firings may have been neat when all teams were taken but now it should be abandoned like injuries. They should not want to lose live coaches.
There you go Mojo...Putting "logic" where logic is due, which to WIS, is "illogical"!
6/19/2016 12:00 AM
Posted by nordawg on 6/17/2016 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Yes, this is obvious. Hard to believe, considering that there are so many Sim AI teams in all the worlds, and that people are always complaining about Sim AI teams. So, why is it then that coaches are "fired" from teams, so that their old team can be turned into a crap squad by the Sim AI? The only explanation is that WIS does not want our business. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder.

For those wondering, I was just "fired" after taking over a team that finished last in its conference, and subsequently took that same team to four consecutive bowl games. Now a Sim AI will likely lead a Top-5 recruiting class into oblivion almost immediately.

Thanks, WIS, for pointing out that I am free to buy more teams at a different level. I'm going to have to decline that offer. In fact, I am not buying any more Gridiron Dynasty OR Hardball Dynasty teams. The ones I currently have will play out their remaining seasons and then that's it. Sim AI's can take over. Enjoy.
We understand that people can be frustrated by the current state of the jobs process but this is not what we want. We do not want any SimAI teams. We would like to see every team human coached.

The overall jobs process and job security it on our list of items for review for a future GD update. We will make sure that this forum post is also noted during our review.

Thank you.
6/19/2016 11:31 AM
Posted by nordawg on 6/17/2016 6:08:00 PM (view original):

Nordawg, I completely understand your frustration with the challenge of taking over a BCS rebuild and getting fired for a job you felt was respectable. With my Georgia team in Stagg, I came within a whisker's hair of getting fired. Fortunately, I was able to hang around and eventually move my status to Very Secure, create stability and build a solid non-elite. However, it could have gone the other way.

I assume your rant was more "tongue and cheek" on the idea that WIS wants SIM teams, which makes no sense. The thing to keep in mind is that these rules have been around since Season 1 or World 1. Everyone knows the challenge of taking on a non-elite BCS team. When I've taken on those jobs before, I know going in, that I have a very short window and there is a chance it won't work out well. You kinda know what you sign up for.

While I do think WIS sets standards a little high for BCS teams, I don't think they are too off the mark. If you're not making at least level 3 bowls by the 5th season - and winning them - then I believe WIS has a right to remove that coach. It stinks when you're that guy, but I wouldn't want the standards to be relaxed too much. Maybe give teams at least two seasons at Very Secure and then start the clock.

6/19/2016 11:48 AM
I agree that some firing logic needs to be present to prevent ghost ships, but for the purpose of maintaining team ownership, perhaps a specific bowl level should prevent you from dropping. Perhaps you don't go up or down if you achieve a level 2 or better. Status increases could still require a level 4 (in essence a top 20 finish). This type of system would allow a team in a tough conference with 4 or 5 elite / long established teams to hang around longer while they try to elevate the program. Might you have a few more "average" human teams? Yes. Is that preferable to SIMAIs? Yes. Ownership levels in the 160s for entire worlds is not a sustainable business model.
6/20/2016 3:47 PM
As I've posted elsewhere, job security should always be a comparison to the school's recent and long term history. In particular, your team ranking, as opposed to the number of wins, should matter more in the early years. In fact, there should be no loss of job security in year 1 for bad teams period. Starting a bunch of freshmen is the key to turning around a bottom feeder. Being discouraged from doing so is ridiculous.

Several people who would easily be named the greatest coach in the history of their particular program have been fired. I've also argued that there should be variable pricing introduced to attract to people to rebuild jobs. 5 years for $20, etc. It would be much better for D1 worlds to be full of customers paying at a discount than SimAI, and as the game is set up now, there are some jobs in the Big10 that, due to scheduling and divisional alignment, have extremely low ceilings for the vast majority of players.

6/20/2016 6:13 PM
Posted by mccarthyizm on 6/20/2016 6:13:00 PM (view original):
As I've posted elsewhere, job security should always be a comparison to the school's recent and long term history. In particular, your team ranking, as opposed to the number of wins, should matter more in the early years. In fact, there should be no loss of job security in year 1 for bad teams period. Starting a bunch of freshmen is the key to turning around a bottom feeder. Being discouraged from doing so is ridiculous.

Several people who would easily be named the greatest coach in the history of their particular program have been fired. I've also argued that there should be variable pricing introduced to attract to people to rebuild jobs. 5 years for $20, etc. It would be much better for D1 worlds to be full of customers paying at a discount than SimAI, and as the game is set up now, there are some jobs in the Big10 that, due to scheduling and divisional alignment, have extremely low ceilings for the vast majority of players.

I really like the variable pricing idea....elite programs should be full price AND have stricter standards for maintaining the job....dynamic elites is really where WIS needs to go with this game.
6/20/2016 7:57 PM
I love it too .
6/20/2016 8:33 PM
Lots of good posts, but nordawg is right. He was a good coach, but even a poor human coach should be preferable to a good AI coach if you own GD. Maybe when 2/3 or 75% of jobs are filled, then you consider firing humans.
6/27/2016 8:10 PM
I agree, too many firings. That should be fixed. But variable pricing? Nah, I like variable elites more than that, and make it a bit tougher to get and hold an elite.
6/27/2016 10:32 PM
12 Next ▸
WIS Wants Sim AI teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.