New HD Still With Outdated Conferences? Topic

My primary ***** about HD is teams in wrong conferences with outdated prestige (e.g. Utah in the MWC; San Diego State at C Prestige). It looks in beta like the same outdated conferences without a stab at realignment. What's the scoop?
6/19/2016 7:18 AM
Its hard to fix the conferences and it appears WIS has not taken on that challenge

1. game assumes 12 team conferences, so perfect fit isnt possible
2. some participants would be peaved. Say for example UConn move from Big East to whatever their conference is called now.

I can see an argument for fixing it - how long will the real world of apx 2002 persist in HD?

On the other hand, I dont think this would be on my top five list of things to fix.

On the yet another hand, I dont think the beta addresses most of my top five list of things to fix.

Launch of new recruiting system and pause in game for several weeks does not seem to me like a wise moment to make another slice of participants unhappy.

6/19/2016 7:28 AM
A perfect fit mat not be possible but a much better fit sure is and should be priority one. How do you update a game and keep it as a simulation of NCAA 2002?
6/19/2016 7:47 AM
As for people being peeved about a conference move -- I see the potential upset but am completely unmoved by it.
6/19/2016 7:49 AM
Does anyone know if prestige is updated in the new version?
6/19/2016 7:51 AM
" ... wrong conferences ... "

I really don't think the idea of changing it will gain any traction. They all need to be 12 teams so "realism" isn't a consideration.
6/19/2016 9:15 AM
Baseline idea....

I think its too hard to do a major conference change, but they're some easy ones they could do.

Utah <-> Hawaii

Notre Dame <-> Maryland

npb had a big conference idea, but I don't remember how simple it was or if it kept 12 teams in each division.

but getting something like this is probably way down on the list.
6/19/2016 10:45 AM
My question reverts to one I've asked previously...presumably WIS/FOX are paying royalties for use of the names of schools and conferences -- they would almost have to be, right?. So if you're, say Florida Gulf Coast, how do you like having a game misrepresent the division your school plays at? If you're the Big Ten, how do you feel about the conference not having its correct lineup? Aren't you jeopardizing the future of the game by not trying to keep it aligned?
6/19/2016 2:55 PM
I dont think WIS is big enough for the B1G to care what they look like and I doubt anyone at FGCU even knows what it is and the royalties must be extremely small to even care,
6/19/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/19/2016 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I dont think WIS is big enough for the B1G to care what they look like and I doubt anyone at FGCU even knows what it is and the royalties must be extremely small to even care,
Not that it really is any of our business...but yeah, if there are royalties I would assume it is low per team..yet considerable over all, if there are not any, I would assume they are open for a lawsuit.
6/19/2016 4:13 PM
I don't know corporate law but I would guess that any royalties are being paid to the NCAA and if you've even halfway been paying attention then you know how useless, corrupt, and clueless that organization is.
6/19/2016 5:26 PM
Touche.
6/19/2016 5:32 PM
New HD Still With Outdated Conferences? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.