What do you like about the update? Topic

"What I can get from all of that is that (1) it's unnecessarily cumbersome with all the extra clicks to get to where we are with one or two clicks in the "old/current" system. (2) Because of having to go around your elbow to reach your ***, it is far more time consuming in this "new" system than it is with what we currently have. Like, way, way more. At one point I had a team in all 10 worlds under this ID. From what it sounds like, that would realistically no longer be possible, resulting in coaches similar to me having to cut several teams out of necessity, simply because it's far too time consuming."

To be clear, I'm not saying you HAVE to spend 4 hours -- the figure I'm throwing out is absolutely not a bare-*** minimum by a long shot. I'm clocking what I feel is the time I'm spending to do a "good" job if I was trying to win a title in the beta world. Which is closer to what I would expect the majority of multi-team owners across the world would probably spend. The casual user won't be anywhere close to 4 hours...the competitive SOB's in our midst, however...

And, yeah, from my vantage trying to own a bunch of teams under this system will be really maddening if you're trying to win with all of them. You'd need a good chunk of free time to do it up right in each world. I'm sure some folks have that. But I'm not one of those folks...I would guess, best case, I might be able to up from 2 to 3 without going insane if I spaced them out well enough.

6/20/2016 6:05 PM
I agree that it is more time consuming now for scouting. The upside is that you have more time to scout, whereas before, if you had no carry over, you had about 36 hours to scout and prepare for recruiting. Now, I think you have 12 days to do your scouting. So, for someone who enjoys the game and wants to spend more time on it, the option is there. And some people will like that. But others do not have the time required the way it currently is set up.

I think they should develop an option for those that want to get all the info in one or a few clicks, similar to the FSS scouting in the current game. Perhaps it could cost more to do it that way, but not a lot more.

I would like to see the camps all be available at one time, instead of having them spread out over days. When Scouting started, I was all ready to find my list of players. But, I am having to wait until the 22nd for the New York camp. I had plenty of time on Friday night and the weekend, but I am having surgery on the 22nd, so it will be a day or so before I get to study the results of the camp and finish recruiting. If you could attend all of the camps within a certain time period that would be better - even if there was still an order.

I really like the new system in general. Love the attention points that do not cost money because if I screw up, I still have those to help me go after a different player, whereas if I screw up in the current version it is a lot more serious.

I also love the fact that I can find out what the potential is on internationals without sending my scout overseas 10 times, spending 25% of my recruiting budget, and still not seeing if he is high or low in BH and P, yet having him continually tell me he does not have much potential in Rebounding.

I also love that there is a separate budget for scouting and recruiting, so I don't have to worry that by scouting a player I may not have enough to recruit him.

I also like the fact that when you go from 199 miles to 201 miles or 359 to 361, there is not a big jump in the cost. There are no artificial barriers to distance recruiting.
6/20/2016 6:26 PM (edited)
All good points chapel
6/20/2016 6:50 PM
1. No
2. Yes
3. No

But i'm staying and not complaning about the change. I still put a lot of effort into recruting anyway so scouting change is irrelevent. Recruting I don't like it but I thinik its somehow still implements some of the same stuff.
6/20/2016 9:06 PM
◂ Prev 12
What do you like about the update? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.