Will This Guy Take A Ratings Hit? Topic

I just traded for Player Profile: Dennis Lee - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

He will arrive two games into the new season. I'm thinking of sending him to AAA for the first few weeks to extend his arbitration eligibility by one year. I've heard a traded player--even a MLer--never takes a ratings hit when placed in AAA. Is this true?

Opinions please on whether Lee will survive intact or if he'll take a hit. Thank you.
6/20/2016 12:13 PM
I don't believe there's a trade exception for avoiding demotion hits. But you must have one hell of a team if you're willing to go without that player for 20 games to save a few bucks down the road. Did you hear that rumor from one of the division rivals he wouldn't face if sent down?
6/20/2016 3:49 PM
It's hit and miss. I've done similar and not gotten a hit. More than a few times. Then the next few I got hits. Chance you take.
6/20/2016 3:53 PM
Makes sense. Thanks John and MikeT

BTW, it's not so much the money but the extra year of control . And, yes--the team is loaded and could easily win 110 without Lee for a short while.
6/20/2016 4:52 PM (edited)
He has a 66 patience. I don't have a ton of experience but any 60+ patience guys I've sent down have not taken a hit. I have also sent guys straight to minors from other teams ML team and not taken a hit.
6/20/2016 5:52 PM
That's encouraging. I think I will take the shot for sake of the extra year retention. I'll report back tomorrow.
6/20/2016 6:41 PM

As a post script to this question you can check on the link in the first panel to see that Mr. Lee did not take a ratings hit. He is currently in the AAA Witness Protection Program biding his time for the next few weeks.
6/21/2016 2:26 PM
Will This Guy Take A Ratings Hit? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.