Posted by gillispie1 on 7/14/2016 8:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 7/14/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):
And W-L under various screen names aren't additive.

I never have understood why anyone would use "various screen names" (and I assume various email addresses ) unless were trying to cheat
don't understand, or don't want to understand? its been explained to you too many times for me to believe its just the former.

1) when there were 8 worlds and folks wanted more than 8 teams, or now with 10 worlds if folks want more than 10 teams, they *have* to do it by a 2nd ID - no ifs, ands, or buts. theonly is a good example of this, he had 15 teams.

2) when there was only one 2/day world and folks wanted more than 1 2/day teams, they *had* to do it by having multiple IDs in that world. there was no other option. same holds today if you want more than 3 2/day teams.

3) when you have a d3 team you love but still want to move up, you might move up and then re-take your old team on a new ID.

#2 (when only tark existed as 2/day) and #3 are why I had several very publicly known IDs in tark at the same time. i had tried 1/day and couldn't stand the pace. this is such a simple thing to understand, i really don't get the reluctance on your part to acknowledge there are valid reasons to create or to have created multiple IDs.

what makes your position even stupider is that when i started, there was no advantage, if you had wanted to cheat, to having multiple IDs in a world unless they should have been competitive in recruiting (so a d3 team in TX and d1 team in TX could not be abused - however, two d2 teams in texas could be, if you chose to use both to battle other folks - which is pretty obvious when your IDs are "gillispie" and "gillispie1" or similar). so, it wasn't frowned upon and in those days, there were no idiots like yourself trying to paint multiple ID folks as cheaters, so it was very open, and there was no reason *not* to pick up a 2nd id, if you had even the slightest desire to have a 2nd team in the same world, for whatever reason. there was no FSS or potential to discover.
So, I will have to have a second id to have 3 teams in one world? Or is it second id to have more than 3 teams in one world? I thought it was a 1,000 miles you can have a team in division 1, 2, and 3 if you wanted?
7/20/2016 12:29 PM
no you can have 3 teams in the same world as long as all teams are seperated 1,000 miles
7/20/2016 12:41 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 12:11:00 PM (view original):
welcome to the post of shame dw

In my opinion, it's not that much about a fix to sniping and is more about protecting an owner from getting too deep into any one guy. In this new system where you might have a 60% shot based on your effort to win a player, but may still lose him you need to have backup options and I've found the cap very helpful IMO at DI to ensure I can put a "maximum effort" into a guy without completely handicapping the rest of my class.

So we can't even hide behind the "realism" and prevent sniping logic for the caps, no this is so that poor idiot coach who goes all in on 1 guy and loses doesn't get upset because some coaches are so stupid we need to make sure they don't blow all there budget just like we seperated budgets too because we don't want any stupid coaches spending all their budget on scouting!!! don't worry though this game has plenty of strategy!

bump because of thread hijacking by the one and only
7/20/2016 12:41 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 12:41:00 PM (view original):
no you can have 3 teams in the same world as long as all teams are seperated 1,000 miles
Thanks, that is what I thought.
7/20/2016 12:53 PM
Does any1 have any info on what teams are seprated by 1000 miles or more? So I can favorite it thanks.
7/20/2016 1:00 PM
just join a different world its easier and there is no reason to be in the same world unless you want to double up on the 2x worlds
7/20/2016 1:06 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
just join a different world its easier and there is no reason to be in the same world unless you want to double up on the 2x worlds
What if I eventully want to be in division 2 and division 3? There is reasons to have three teams in the same world. If you want to be the very best one team doesn't cut it, one championship doesn't cut it, one world doesn't cut it. I want to break championships record all time record in each divisions of Allen. Then if I do that I will be the very best of just one world..

There are multiple worlds, multiple veterans, and multiple greats in this game. Having one team just doesn't cut it for me and i'm eventually going to do a hoop dynasty youtube series. So yeah having multiple teams is probably my best option.
7/20/2016 1:18 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 1:18:00 PM (view original):
What if I eventully want to be in division 2 and division 3? There is reasons to have three teams in the same world. If you want to be the very best one team doesn't cut it, one championship doesn't cut it, one world doesn't cut it. I want to break championships record all time record in each divisions of Allen. Then if I do that I will be the very best of just one world..

There are multiple worlds, multiple veterans, and multiple greats in this game. Having one team just doesn't cut it for me and i'm eventually going to do a hoop dynasty youtube series. So yeah having multiple teams is probably my best option.
Man, I hope emy sees this.
7/20/2016 1:20 PM
yes lets make sure 5 people don't abuse walkons and punish all the rebuilding teams!!!!! wooooooooooooooo

massive overcorrection we must hunt them down and burn them at the stake just like the coaches who utilize class structure and bonus cash

because any coach utilizing walkons has no downsides and a clear path to victory who cares about small teams sizes!!!! theres no downsides eliminate the heathen!!!!!!!!!!

it's more important to worry about that because those 5 coaches clearly should have the oppertunity to determine whether they want to take walkons and run low man lineups because its not fair to me in my eyes as I decided to run a full 12 man lineup so they shouldn't be allowed too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN THE HERETICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/20/2016 1:40 PM
Posted by pallas on 7/20/2016 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 1:18:00 PM (view original):

Man, I hope emy sees this.
I saw it. It's just so sad and close to insanity that I felt a little sorry for the guy and passed on one that was set up on a tee. Seriously, the only records this dude will ever have a chance of breaking are for any number of WORST coaching resumes of all-time. He's lost at least 55 games in a row. Can't even beat ONE sim team with a team comprised of players recruited solely by him and yet this poor, pathetic soul thinks he's going to win championships? I'll be amazed when he wins a conference championship in a conference with human coaches, let alone a National title.

And Ward, you simpleton you, you can have one team in each world per ID. You want two teams in Allen, you'll need two ID's. Doesn't matter if one is in D1 and the other is in D3. One world plus two teams equals two ID's. Simple enough.
7/20/2016 10:00 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Does any1 have any info on what teams are seprated by 1000 miles or more? So I can favorite it thanks.
Look at two teams. See what cities they are in. Find a site like Mapquest or something similar. Crisis averted. Not that difficult champ.
7/20/2016 10:03 PM
hey guys are coker college and Oglethorpe university seperated by 1000 miles?

"no"

hey guys is north alabama and Christopher Newport seperated by 1000 miles

"no"

hey guys is north carolina central university and wisconsin parkside seperated by 1000 miles I want to set records at D2 and D3

"no"

hey guys is the university of kansas and Michigan Tech seperated by 1000 miles I think I'm ready for Big 6 after 10 seasons of D2, will I qualify for a good big 6 job, can anyone recommend me one?

*looks at 10-260 record with 5 0-27 seasons* "no"

hey guys why won't anyone mentor me

*sees recent thread asking about all big man lineup* *crickets*

hey guys is a 2-3 zone good for an all guard lineup, I think I want to run an all guard lineup with my big six job

"sigh"
7/20/2016 10:07 PM
but seriously I use infoplease, it gives you straightline distance instead of driving distance which shortens the actually distance
7/20/2016 10:07 PM
Infoplease is a good one as well. Mapquest was just the first one that popped into my head, there are literally dozens of sites he could use. I have a feeling it's going to go way more like your example above though (which is pretty good by the way. Got a laugh out of me anyway).
7/20/2016 10:20 PM
"hey guys school x is 950 miles away from school y but infoplease says school x is 1020 miles away from school y, which one is correct? can I coach both as I want to be the champion of both schools"
7/20/2016 10:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.