possumfield has seemed to have forgotten fox/wis great leadership and management of WIS

Fox/Wis appears to think so is like saying Trump is going to make america great again without anymore specifics

Fox/Wis has created a negative outlook on any update based on previous ones that attitude was passed down easily with ignoring the userbase

fox/wis doesn't know how the game is played, simply looking at a majority of seble's responses proves that to anyone who understands the game

Basically lets trust fox/wis to make another great decision because they totally have done so in the past

welcome (again?) possumfiend you are a reason why we hate this update and idiot users like you who just want to blindly trust wis/fox because they are great.

#makehdgreatagain
7/20/2016 11:18 PM
possum with another great thought:

If recruit distribution is going to be based on density of universities in a given area this element is necessary to provide teams in more remote locations access to more options.

Well its not like schools like Hawaii Texas Tech struggle based on location in real life either and schools witht the right coach like illinois, St. john's UVA, G-Town pull in a ton of local talent.......

but lets make sure our poor saps at Hawaii, Washington State, and Alaska have it easy, its not like they ******* know the challenge of recruiting in bad spots.
7/22/2016 12:54 PM
You know folks, like him or not, a little coarse and rough around the edges or not, he makes a lot of very valid points/observations. He just makes them in a very blunt and straightforward and kind of crude sort of way but that doesn't detract from the fact that they are good points.
7/22/2016 4:10 PM
"I'm not wrong I'm just an *******" is my motto
7/22/2016 4:37 PM
Oh I'm glad we are now resorting to the logic of:

lets make the game more competitive and recruiting realistic
everyone see's the update notices how EE's basically punish a team
makes it extremely hard to replace EE's now
lets just get rid of EE's because we didn't do a good job on them
oh and since you had EE's and took walkons I still want to punish you even more for taking walkons because lets just add insult to injury because screw you for being good at the game
7/22/2016 8:12 PM
I can't believe there is legit discussion on trying to drop EE's I honestly think every person agreeing in that thread has less IQ than a stillborn and that is combined IQ

Here's an update no one asked for to make recruting more realistic, we ****** up EE's so we'll comprimise by making the game less realistic by just eliminating because we created more problems so lets just get rid of the problems we created since we are so ******* smart.
7/22/2016 9:04 PM
Im in the kill EE camp with this update Only.
So not all of us are dumb.
7/22/2016 10:39 PM
can I quote spud on this

"I think I hear some background noise"
7/23/2016 12:13 AM
Another gem from the current BETA jackoff.
" I'm going to predict that he is going to have to do something in the new game to declaw the top franchises in d2/d3 "
OMG, how badly does he have to crush the D2/D3 teams before the D1's are satisfied? He has already stepped on them like stepping on a grape on the sidewalk. The only reason there is any life to D2/D3 recruiting is that there aren't many D1 coaches. When there are enough D1 coaches, D2/D3 will go back to living in the cellar and rarely seeing the light of day.

Now he's arguing with oldresorter. OR has more wisdom in his big thumb that Spudtard has in his whole family tree.
7/23/2016 11:58 AM
Oh some guys are too good at D2/D3 lets make them worse.

Also OR could take a **** and that **** would know more about HD than spud could ever know in his life.

At least seble has some ******* balls and isn;t caving to the stupid idea of getting rid of EE's

unfortunately the main problem the 2 stupid recruiting periods won't be fixed....... you know something a lot of people said was a dumb idea and then showed how many problems it created in the beta... but sure lets get rid of EE's because they are the root of the problem..... why don't we just give ever 99 max players, let them change their team names and have everyone roll a dice in Hoops Dynasty Jam Dice roll where skill doesn't matter and who cares about realism
7/23/2016 12:12 PM
and spuds a **** **** he just says screw d1 and good coaches but never offers any logic for why or how(because there isn't enough **** in the world to make anything he says valid) then he makes some dumb I can't hear you post and goes back to saying the same thing over and over. He's like Bernie Sanders if he was 20 years older, drunk, an actual communist, and no one liked him at all
7/23/2016 12:13 PM
Several points...

1. Honest question that i have don't know the answer to... theonlysis, you're relatively new to Div-1, so have you ever had an EE on any of your teams? You're speaking very forcefully on the EE subject, but do you have a lot of experiences with EE's?

2. The anti-beta faction is using "Coach Spud" as a straw man in their arguments. Coach Spud may throw out ideas, but none of them are being enacted.

3. Again for theonlysis... that guy i mentioned in a sitemail to you about a month ago, that you were going to talk to... is he going to continue doing that thing i mentioned, or will he finally stop? Cuz he's starting to **** me off.
7/23/2016 12:15 PM
1. No EE's this is purely on a realism factor because "HD is a fun basketball game" no it's supposed to be a realistic college basketball coaching simulation game not nba jam or some unrealistic game. Some of us have to work their way up the "in no need of fixing" job process

If I want to speculate we end up with significantly stronger teams and vastly more teams rated extremely high as teams get fuller and fuller since top teams don't reload to the point maybe now the top 25 or even more look almost identical. Superclasses come back at D1 not for the recruiting money but for the 6-6 senior junior maxed out ratings/IQ to get advantages over other top teams. I'll say I've been nearly correct in anything speculation I've made and its results and you know what I'll stick with this one because eliminating EE's is a dumb idea, it's not even the root of the problem, and again it makes the game more unrealistic, even though we were supposed to get a "more realistic recruiting"

No one has made a point about getting rid of EE's except for the update has made it extremely hard to replace them so lets just get rid of them.
Thats the talking point for getting rid of them, that's a joke.

2. I'm not usuing spud as much really anymore I just quote **** anyone says like the notorious TJ, the dumbscrub possum, and the current all time defending champion of no logic chapel.

3. No thats how he is even though he thinks it not like that.
7/23/2016 12:28 PM (edited)
Get rid of injuries as well. They do nothing for the improvement or enjoyment of the game. Nothing like recruiting a player, watching him improve into a stud after four seasons of improvement, and then losing him 3 minutes into a first round NT game.

Games should be decided by your players and their ratings versus your opponent's, your settings versus your opponent's, your depth chart and rotation versus his, your distro selection versus his, your IQ's versus his. NOT because the engine decides all of a sudden that it's time for one of your best players to rip his groin in half.

Sorry, I know they add "realism" to the game but my bet is you won't have more than a handful of coaches who TRULY enjoy them as part of the game. The only time a coach likes them is when it hurts the OTHER team. Okay, "realism". Why no technicals? Why no ejections? Why no fights leading to multi-game suspensions? Why do D3 teams have scholarships to offer? Why no mid-season transfers from ****** off players? Those are all "real" things that happen yet I'd bet it's safe to say that none of them would be popular additions to the game.

Oh, and to get slightly back on track, I think if you get rid of EE's, that promises, playing time, and players transferring have to become a MUCH bigger part of the game. Not saying I'm for or against EE's, I can adjust either way, just that the other things mentioned MUST have greater weight than they currently carry.
7/23/2016 2:24 PM (edited)
2. The anti-beta faction is using "Coach Spud" as a straw man in their arguments. Coach Spud may throw out ideas, but none of them are being enacted.

Not true. NO ONE (not even Seble) listens to SPUD in BETA. He is the whiny little brat at Thanksgiving dinner that you try and throw into the basement for the day. Even if I don't agree with some of the posts from the other coaches Only mentions, they at least have credibility behind their opinions. Spudtard is just empty air. People have tried to explain the exact same thing about this game to him about 10 times already and he is too dense to get it.
7/23/2016 2:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.