Ok and long shots are rare as should be
6/23/2016 6:41 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 6/23/2016 6:39:00 PM (view original):
If I recall, I was a long shot for Vanderbilt in Smith 4 seasons ago, before I left Carelton. 17 seasons, the last 9 at A+, with a national championship, 3 final fours in 6 seasons, and coming off a title game appearance. They were D+. I wasn't qualified for any Big 6 teams the following year, after a second round exit.
I remember that title game ;). You had a heck of a team that year, as well as dgraves. We were very lucky to come away with that game.
6/23/2016 7:01 PM
Posted by qb4usf on 6/23/2016 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 6/23/2016 6:39:00 PM (view original):
If I recall, I was a long shot for Vanderbilt in Smith 4 seasons ago, before I left Carelton. 17 seasons, the last 9 at A+, with a national championship, 3 final fours in 6 seasons, and coming off a title game appearance. They were D+. I wasn't qualified for any Big 6 teams the following year, after a second round exit.
I remember that title game ;). You had a heck of a team that year, as well as dgraves. We were very lucky to come away with that game.
Ha, Texas, Tyler was a beast, we all knew you were going to take it, the rest of us were fighting for 2nd.
6/23/2016 11:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 6/24/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Another brilliant Spudism. You think his mother was abused by a DI coach or something......? The guy is about as clueless as it gets.

"Seble, maybe you could let D1 coaches opt out of ever having a player so good that he goes EE, and then they could quit complaining. It would be their choice and of course, they would own it. Let D2 and D3 coaches vote, too, on whether they would like a crack at such a guy. Everybody could have their choice, and you wouldn't have to monkey around with indemnifying coaches when they have an EE.."
I seriously don't think he actually understands what he's saying.

6/24/2016 10:36 AM
I don't even know how to respond to that crap lol
6/24/2016 11:22 AM
Frightening possibility is that Seble is Spud.....shutters
6/24/2016 11:39 AM
Seble isn't that stupid. In fact, no one on this site is probably that stupid. Spud sounds like a typical lazyass punk who wants everything handed to him and is jealous of everyone who has more than him. Someone should offer him free seasons in GD just to make him go away.
6/24/2016 1:20 PM
guys, they're going for realism here with the new recruiting. half the draft last night were D2 and D3 players. i think ben simmons played at st olaf.

6/24/2016 2:04 PM
Further proof that retard is serious with his comments..
"Not kidding at all. Let the D1 coaches make their choice and live with it. Do D1 coaches whining all over the place get a pass just 'cause they whine in unison?"

Cant fix stupid...so might as well let him display his stupidity.
6/25/2016 6:34 AM
this is getting better and better
6/25/2016 10:18 AM
Posted by mullycj on 6/24/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Another brilliant Spudism. You think his mother was abused by a DI coach or something......? The guy is about as clueless as it gets.

"Seble, maybe you could let D1 coaches opt out of ever having a player so good that he goes EE, and then they could quit complaining. It would be their choice and of course, they would own it. Let D2 and D3 coaches vote, too, on whether they would like a crack at such a guy. Everybody could have their choice, and you wouldn't have to monkey around with indemnifying coaches when they have an EE.."
Spud's bizarre rants are like surrealist abstract art.
6/25/2016 11:17 AM
Another gem from CoachDud the Unintelligent Noob Troll

"You've got it, davidcrone. The forums would be a lot more peaceful, too, if seble just gives the D1 coaches everything they want and closes D2 and D3."

Im beginning to think this is his 2nd account. The 1st one probably rushed to DI and got its azz handed to it so now he is a bitter little man.
6/29/2016 12:47 AM
lol no one is asking for anything handed to them I don't know why keeps that up because he is the only one that believes that and really he jsut keeps asking for things to be handed to him at D2 which unfortunately by being a bad coach he wouldn't get those unless populations drop so low there is literally 0 competition... I blocked him so I don't have to listen to his retarded rants, he never actual posts anything useful so no point reading it

lol six seasons budget in my USAS conference in Phelan I could drop 120+ home visits on a local prospect on just bonus money alone. I've definitely dropped 30 on a guy before maybe not 50 at D3 but 30 for sure, again spud having 0 knowledge of the game what an idiot(I wish I could block him on the beta but I can't)
6/29/2016 1:08 AM (edited)
Dumb and Dumber just became Dumb and Dumber Two. More musings from CoachDUD the Unintelligent Noob Troll

"I have been reading this thread, and shaking my head more often than nodding. I laugh that so many guys want more recruits signing quicker AND more signing later. Does the left hand know what the right hand is asking? And ENOUGH already of begging for more and more and more handouts for the D1 coaches, who already enjoy massively overwhelming advantages in economy and prestige. This entire thread makes it sound like the whole of D1 is just a step or two from the poorhouse.

Also, since only one or two posts responded to Seble's posts, here goes:
“3+ times as much effort plus a better preference match. Also, the prestige effect is not going to be as big of an advantage when comparing an average DII school to a decent DIII school. There is an advantage, but it's not going to outweigh a significant amount of effort and better pref matches.” [That sounds like it is working as it should. Now to rein in the huge D1 advantages.]
“It looks like the majority favor an extra division modifier on all recruiting actions. [NO, NO, NO, for reasons explained below!] That probably still wouldn't be enough to get the D2 school in the drivers seat in this scenario. At some point, effort should trump prestige or division, if it's lopsided enough.” [Agreed. And by the same thinking, at some point effort should also give at least a little nudge to a recruit’s signing-timing preference as well.]
“I wouldn't say effort generally trumps [circumstances], but when it's very lopsided I think it should, especially in the lower divisions.” [What?! Rewarding recruiting effort rather than gifting the higher level coaches? Totally sensible, of course.]

Regarding an extra division modifier … aren’t D1 coaches supposed to be considered the experts at this game, the wisest, the most accomplished, rulers of all they survey? If so, then the structure of the game should be bringing the divisions closer together, not farther apart, so the mighty D1 coaches can demonstrate their suitability for their lofty positions by virtue of their superiority, not by virtue of more D1-welfare. Let D1 coaches show their virtues by winning fair competitions, not be being protected, sheltered and removed from competition against the lowly D2 or D3 school, from whom they really have nothing to fear.
Already a D2 or especially a D3 budget is minuscule compared to D1 budgets. For example, D1 coaches speak of 40 or 50 or more HV’s to a single recruit. D3 budgets allow for that many HV’s TOTAL over three to four seasons. D1 already plays on a different planet, and frankly they should be embarrassed to be asking in post after post for more structural advantages (read “gifts.”)
Flame away, boys."
7/2/2016 1:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.