This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/21/2016 11:29:00 PM (view original):
every thread is a chuckle over there
congrats on covering the spread against UCLA last night ;)
6/22/2016 11:11 AM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/21/2016 11:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm following the beta forums unfortunately.

I read something about keeping the game balanced, but meanwhile allowing D2/D3 to have no restrictions on the players they recruit.

Allowing D3 teams to have no restrictions on who they can recruit just makes no sense to me. I held a camp and had two top 25 players show up, and I'll be going after three D1 players to test the limits of the beta. In-season recruiting adds realism, but D1 players going to a D3 camp? I don't care about their potentials, a D1 player isn't going to go to a D3 camp. The thing that I liked about the old D3 recruiting was you recruited those guys you were able to recruit. Pull downs were a part of the strategy. Finding gems on a relatively small budget. The good ol' days, lol.
I'm liking the new system the more I toy around with it, but I'm not a fan of having D1 guys readily available to recruit.
Paul
6/22/2016 11:25 AM
Why do we care so much about labels? Because the game tags a "d1" prospect on a player that no makes the player d1? How many ranked players (esp in the top 100) don't get recruited in the current system because they aren't, quite frankly, d1 players? Answer, around 50-90 E VERY SEASON. (Full disclosure, I made that # up.)

I've signed D1 players on my D3 team in the current system. Big deal, the game didn't break.

6/22/2016 11:34 AM
Posted by dadbod on 6/22/2016 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Why do we care so much about labels? Because the game tags a "d1" prospect on a player that no makes the player d1? How many ranked players (esp in the top 100) don't get recruited in the current system because they aren't, quite frankly, d1 players? Answer, around 50-90 E VERY SEASON. (Full disclosure, I made that # up.)

I've signed D1 players on my D3 team in the current system. Big deal, the game didn't break.

Good point.
6/22/2016 11:40 AM
The volume of posts and the diversity of people posting in the beta forum has dropped dramatically since the start of season 2.
6/22/2016 12:02 PM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/22/2016 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 6/22/2016 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/21/2016 11:29:00 PM (view original):
every thread is a chuckle over there
congrats on covering the spread against UCLA last night ;)
Oh you mean that rebuild? While I have 5 walkons after having 9 scholarships opened, and my best player was the #7 recruit but ineligible?

Ya cool, wanna tell me about my time at Cal Poly State and every single failed attempt of you getting west coast recruits, I'm at a big 6 job now and you arent.
I didn't think you were actively trying to field a competitive team, because of your comments about leaving the game, which was why I thought it was appropriate to make that comment. My bad, wasn't intended as a put down. I thought you were just effing around during recruiting. You know, I might just stay at UNC Ashville, screw the Big 6 jobs...lol

To be honest, we still wouldn't mind having Simeon, especially this year, if you want to have that talk with him.
6/22/2016 12:07 PM (edited)
Also I'd love the analogy of spud where we need to tell Kentucky to cut it out and let Mount Union State community college of Texas get some top ranked players because they will be grateful
6/22/2016 12:13 PM
I haven't actively kept up with the forums over on the test site. Seems like they're more interested in marketing the product more than making the game better. Still **** loads of 90+ athletic defenders, no change in job logic, advantage given to the higher prestige team(which is fair). And to make matters worse, it's hard for coaches at smaller schools to find "diamonds in the rough" so to speak, because of the limited ability to see all recruits number ratings. Am I missing something? I'm not sure how this is supposed to make the game better.
6/22/2016 12:28 PM
1|2|3...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.