Pre-Draft Trades (Teague and Rose trades so far) Topic

Wow, even though they won't all be together for months, moranis already knows how the players in the Lakers' locker room are going to react to Deng, and what they're going to think of him.

Care to share the Lotto numbers with us too?
7/4/2016 2:20 PM
Guess my point that Walton would not run a circus was missed, my fault.
I'm just glad I now know that the corpse of Roy Hibbert had the same leadership/locker room reputation as Luol Deng. Learn something new every day.
7/4/2016 3:05 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/4/2016 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Wow, even though they won't all be together for months, moranis already knows how the players in the Lakers' locker room are going to react to Deng, and what they're going to think of him.

Yeah that was my point. Come on.

Where is the evidence that Deng is the leader and good for young guys as you claim?
7/4/2016 3:51 PM
Posted by bkbillups on 7/4/2016 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Guess my point that Walton would not run a circus was missed, my fault.
I'm just glad I now know that the corpse of Roy Hibbert had the same leadership/locker room reputation as Luol Deng. Learn something new every day.
Or I'm sure Walton will be better than Byron Scott, but the young guys are still the same, except they add Ingram. A coach can only do so much.

I never said Hibbert and Deng were the same type of person, only compared their ability (i.e. former all star, but not superstar).
7/4/2016 3:53 PM
Posted by moranis on 7/4/2016 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/4/2016 2:20:00 PM (view original):

Yeah that was my point. Come on.

Where is the evidence that Deng is the leader and good for young guys as you claim?
I'm basing my comments on things I remember reading that former teammates and coaches said (mostly during the Ferry stuff).
What are you using as a basis for yours?
7/4/2016 5:07 PM
Rumblings from both Chicago and Cleveland. But I'm not the one that claimed the Lakers signed Deng for 4 years and 72 million to help mentor the young kids in the Lakers lockerroom. That would have been you.
7/4/2016 5:11 PM
I missed those rumblings from anonymous sources.
7/4/2016 11:03 PM
Posted by moranis on 7/4/2016 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Rumblings from both Chicago and Cleveland. But I'm not the one that claimed the Lakers signed Deng for 4 years and 72 million to help mentor the young kids in the Lakers lockerroom. That would have been you.
No, you claimed the opposite. What does which side of an issue someone's supporting have to do with needing some sort of basis for doing so?
If you oppose someone's originally stated view you can just pull things out your butt? Admittedly, you're certainly not the first, and won't be the last, to do so on this site.
7/5/2016 10:10 AM
Actually I didn't. I was commenting on both your and ncmusician's posts regarding Deng. I mean unless you forgot you said. "He knows how to win, offers great leadership and may be a perfect example for Ingram to follow." The last (and only) time Deng was brought in to provide leadership to a group of young players, it was an unmitigated disaster.
7/5/2016 11:19 AM
As we've said, you obviously had access to different "rumblings" than bk and I, because we don't remember them at all.
Also quite a different situation being brought-in during the off-season than after 1/3 of the season has been played, as Deng was in Cleve.
7/5/2016 3:23 PM
Obviously Ingram didn't hear those Deng rumblings either.

"I saw where my locker was, and I definitely knew it was Kobe's locker," Ingram said. "I know [general manager] Mitch [Kupchak] told me I had some big shoes to fill when I came in here, but I liked it. I like the pressure that's on me right now. It's going to motivate me to do good things on the court. It's all good pressure for me." Ingram added that he plans to "pick" Luol Deng's brain "on different things," and the rookie said all the right things about his role in his inaugural season. His fantasy outlook will be dependent on his playing time and whether or not he's with the first or second unit, among other things.
7/6/2016 10:30 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/4/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):
I'm sure all your crystal balls are right, but I'll wait to see how things play-out.
Comparing Deng to LBJ is supposed to be a put-down? He's been on what losing teams? I'll take the words of teammates and coaches over WIS "experts".
During Deng's first 6 seasons with the Bulls, they won more than 41 games twice. He's been on a really good team once (Rose's MVP season). Maybe our definitions of "knowing how to win" are different.
7/6/2016 6:45 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 7/6/2016 6:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure all your crystal balls are right, but I'll wait to see how things play-out.
Comparing Deng to LBJ is supposed to be a put-down? He's been on what losing teams? I'll take the words of teammates and coaches over WIS "experts".
During Deng's first 6 seasons with the Bulls, they won more than 41 games twice. He's been on a really good team once (Rose's MVP season). Maybe our definitions of "knowing how to win" are different.
don't let facts get in the way of his beautiful rant.
7/13/2016 4:05 PM
I'll take the words of teammates and coaches over WIS "experts".

This - which appears to be beyond the comprehension of some of you.
Do you have 1, just 1 negative "rumbling" you can share?
7/13/2016 4:46 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/13/2016 4:46:00 PM (view original):
I'll take the words of teammates and coaches over WIS "experts".

This - which appears to be beyond the comprehension of some of you.
Do you have 1, just 1 negative "rumbling" you can share?
I never said anything about negative rumblings. I'm just saying the team results don't back up your statements about Deng "knowing how to win". What head coach with an nba championship has said Deng knows how to win?
7/14/2016 8:02 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Pre-Draft Trades (Teague and Rose trades so far) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.