D3 schools getting high D1 recruits Topic

Part of the problem is related to the condensed schedule in the Beta. Players haven't had a lot of time to scout compared to what it will look like in the real version so a lot of players have probably gone undiscovered that wouldn't otherwise. I know right now as a D2 school I'm going after players that in current worlds would be taken by a D1 school. The only reason they haven't been yet is because a D1 school hasn't discovered them. With more time to really put effort into scouting I'm sure those guys won't be available anymore.
6/24/2016 2:51 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/23/2016 6:30:00 PM (view original):
“Spud will be fine and continue to win the way he did …” … in the only season when taniajane and Spud were in the same conference together … Spud beat him. :P
“Coachspud is advocating equality for all as he petitions for (get this now) EE-type players being SIGNED by D2 and D3 teams.” Hmm, I must have missed that post. It isn’t something I wrote.
Another aspect of the problem is that the coaches who have been blessed with a player SO TALENTED that he goes to the NBA are some of the loudest whiners, and if you don't indemnify them (ie. the rich get richer) the whining is sure to continue. They simply cannot see having such a good player as a blessing; they see it as an entitlement. Let D2 and D3 have some of those players; coaches will be grateful instead of whining. (No offense to the D1 coaches who have a perspective on this and aren't whining. It isn't you I'm referencing.)

That is a direct quote from you that you posted in one of the beta blogs. Now.....how is that NOT something you wrote? Wait, lemme guess, hacked account, right? You want to post idiotic stuff like this, then good on ya, you've got that right. But at least own your ignorance. Don't drop a gem like this and then run for the hills squalling amnesia when you get called on it.
6/24/2016 2:16 PM (edited)
Posted by blackdog3377 on 6/24/2016 2:51:00 AM (view original):
Part of the problem is related to the condensed schedule in the Beta. Players haven't had a lot of time to scout compared to what it will look like in the real version so a lot of players have probably gone undiscovered that wouldn't otherwise. I know right now as a D2 school I'm going after players that in current worlds would be taken by a D1 school. The only reason they haven't been yet is because a D1 school hasn't discovered them. With more time to really put effort into scouting I'm sure those guys won't be available anymore.
The guys slipping through are slipping though for a reason. I am going to sign (I think) A very good pg who's rated like 132 for my d3 team but he'll max out around 50 defense. He's very good at d3, a bench player at D2 but almost unplayable at d1
6/24/2016 2:28 PM
I've been thinking about calling you out on your repeated assertions that he said that elite players should be signed by D2 and D3 teams. It's pretty obvious that he's setting up a hypothetical, i.e. "if the coaches in D2 and D3 got those guys they would be grateful," not literally "D2 and D3 coaches should be getting those guys."
6/24/2016 2:30 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 6/24/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
I've been thinking about calling you out on your repeated assertions that he said that elite players should be signed by D2 and D3 teams. It's pretty obvious that he's setting up a hypothetical, i.e. "if the coaches in D2 and D3 got those guys they would be grateful," not literally "D2 and D3 coaches should be getting those guys."
I see the way that you're reading his statement and I can see your point of view. But I also truly believe that he thinks that D2 and D3 players "should" be able to sign players like that and I base that belief off of several other statements that he's made throughout various threads in the forums.
6/24/2016 2:42 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/24/2016 2:28:00 PM (view original):
The guys slipping through are slipping though for a reason. I am going to sign (I think) A very good pg who's rated like 132 for my d3 team but he'll max out around 50 defense. He's very good at d3, a bench player at D2 but almost unplayable at d1
This leads me to think that while Seble was rebooting Recruiting as a whole that he should have scrapped whatever ****** formula they use to rank recruits and actually put one in place that matches a recruits ratings, potentials, etc. To see ranked recruits year after year after year that are single digits in say, athleticism, or defense, important ratings like that is just annoying as hell.
6/24/2016 2:47 PM
Wouldn't that just be "spoon feeding" the entitled generation? I mean shouldn't they have to figure out who is good and who is bad?
6/24/2016 2:54 PM
I will say right now I'm on a guy as a D2 who is a top 130 PG who will top out at 99 speed and 70s for defense. He doesn't have great Ath but will still get up in the low 50s. Thats normally a guy that a low prestige D1 school will snap up every time but without the time to scout we would normally get IDK how many of those school have actually seen him.
6/24/2016 3:37 PM
I find this hard to believe. We have had almost 6 days from the start of scouting until the first cycle. That's a lot of time get on for a few hours and scout. Especially the 2nd time through.

How much time do people need? If you couldn't find a few hours total in those 6 days then you are too busy and shouldn't have signed up to do the beta.
6/24/2016 3:38 PM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 6/24/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
I will say right now I'm on a guy as a D2 who is a top 130 PG who will top out at 99 speed and 70s for defense. He doesn't have great Ath but will still get up in the low 50s. Thats normally a guy that a low prestige D1 school will snap up every time but without the time to scout we would normally get IDK how many of those school have actually seen him.
Unless he is 85+ in bh/pass/per that guy isn't a d1 player
6/24/2016 3:57 PM
The guy I am on is:
65 ath
95 speed
55 defense
80 per
80 bh
60 pass

6/24/2016 4:03 PM
http://test.whatifsports.net/WhatIfSports/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3220485

Obviously not a D1, but way better than most D3's
6/24/2016 4:45 PM
Right now, among the players I have discovered, I don't see much in the way of D2 or D3 teams being listed as favorites on D1 recruits.
I see a D3 team on the #147 PG
D2 team on the #39 SG and #119 PF
D2 team on the #146 PG
D2 on the #175 SF
D2 on the #132 C

That's about it. I didn't really check to see if any of these guys are that great. The only one that would not possibly happen in the current game are the D2 on the #39 SG and the D3 team on the #147 PG. And signings have not started yet, so these may not stand. But it does seem like the issue has been somewhat solved.

6/24/2016 10:20 PM
my d3 team is very high on the 131 PG
I am moderate on the #97 PF

Neither are really even d2 studs
6/24/2016 10:36 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/24/2016 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/23/2016 6:30:00 PM (view original):
“Spud will be fine and continue to win the way he did …” … in the only season when taniajane and Spud were in the same conference together … Spud beat him. :P
“Coachspud is advocating equality for all as he petitions for (get this now) EE-type players being SIGNED by D2 and D3 teams.” Hmm, I must have missed that post. It isn’t something I wrote.
Another aspect of the problem is that the coaches who have been blessed with a player SO TALENTED that he goes to the NBA are some of the loudest whiners, and if you don't indemnify them (ie. the rich get richer) the whining is sure to continue. They simply cannot see having such a good player as a blessing; they see it as an entitlement. Let D2 and D3 have some of those players; coaches will be grateful instead of whining. (No offense to the D1 coaches who have a perspective on this and aren't whining. It isn't you I'm referencing.)

That is a direct quote from you that you posted in one of the beta blogs. Now.....how is that NOT something you wrote? Wait, lemme guess, hacked account, right? You want to post idiotic stuff like this, then good on ya, you've got that right. But at least own your ignorance. Don't drop a gem like this and then run for the hills squalling amnesia when you get called on it.
Look up "advocate" in the dictionary if you have one. That may shed some light on your problem. When I wrote that D2 and D3 coaches would be grateful and not whine, that doesn't constitute advocacy. I took no position of advocacy for or against, just against whining.

Dahs and Trenton Joe have it right. I think the so-called D1 players dropping through the cracks is good for the game. I don't think NBA quality players belong anywhere but in D1 for the most part.
6/25/2016 1:58 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
D3 schools getting high D1 recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.