Which combination is better at $80M cap? Topic

Assuming that each team has sufficient IP and PA for the season, which combination is better in an $80M league? There are definite strengths and weaknesses for each team.

All numbers below are normalized.

Team 1
Batting: 290/358/465
Defense: Generally C to B+ range, D+ starting cather arm
Pitching: WHIP 1.18, ERC 2.74, HR/100 0.63
Ballpark: >1 park factor but 0 for singles.

Team 2
Batting: 286/342/419
Defense: 5 A+ range (incl. whole IF), A starting catcher arm, other two OFers are B+ and D range
Pitching: WHIP 1.20, ERC 2.98, HR/100 0.78
Ballpark: Basically neutral, but +1 for singles

Team 3
Batting: 281/356/436
Defense: Wide range from D- to A+. Approx. 1,500 relevant PA/162 w/ D- range. B- starting catcher arm
Pitching: WHIP 1.09, ERC 2.54, HR/100 1.98
Ballpark: Pitcher's park, -1 for singles.
6/22/2016 7:33 PM (edited)
I'd play team 2. I think the better fielding outweighs the other comps.
6/22/2016 11:48 PM
Team 1: I don't know about 80mil theme leagues, but in OLs people are attempting 2-3 SBAs per game. If this is the World Championship Whatever then you'd know better than me what to expect from the other owners. I really like A- arms, since runners will still attempt a lot of steals and get thrown out 28-30% of the time. Other than that, I like Team 1 the best.

Team 2: Neither the .286 AVG or .342 OBP are high enough to justify a + singles park. Also, high caliber fielding is better in - singles parks since each great fielding play takes away a higher percentage of your opponents scoring chances. This team probably has the lowest risk/reward ratio. There's nothing about it edgy enough to win or lose a bunch of games.

Team 3: Is the 1.98 HR/100 a typo? Who cares about ERC, just look at their performance history. High HR/100 pitchers are almost always overpriced. To make it worse, the - singles ballpark and your staff's lower WHIP is going to make those HRs more valuable than they would be in a hitter's park since slugging becomes more valuable in low OBP environments and less valuable in high OBP environments.
6/23/2016 7:36 AM
Which combination is better at $80M cap? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.