Hangover League full. Waitlist? Topic

The Hangover League has a team available for our upcoming 1976 season.

The league follows MLB historical expansion, format and ballpark availability. We started with 16 teams in the 1946 season and have grown to our current 24 team format, with four six team divisions. The AL has adopted the designated hitter in 1973.

The league operates under a simple structure. Draft order is determined by W-L record at the end of the season. Draft picks may be traded one draft cycle ahead.

The owner of our San Francisco franchise had to abandon his team just after our 1976 draft. They're not a contender right away, but foundation pieces are in place. You can be a hero to 23 owners ready to go.
7/7/2016 8:14 PM (edited)
1976 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

C Gary Carter
1B Bill Buckner
2B Rod Gilbreath
3B Wayne Garrett
SS 1936 Tommy Thevenow
OF Gary Matthews
OF Rowland Office
OF Tom Poquette
C Steve Swisher
1B/OF Dan Briggs
2B Mike Tyson
SS Jim Mason
3B Steve Dillard
OF Mike Anderson
OF Champ Summers

P Dick Ruthven
P Ed Halicki
P Bill Bonham
P Don Carrithers
P Dennis Martinez
P Pete Redfern
P 1935 Dick Coffman
P Chris Knapp
P Tippy Martinez
P Tom Johnson

IR : P Geoff Zahn (returns in 77), SS Ivan DeJesus (returns in 77)
7/10/2016 5:09 PM (edited)
A fixer-upper with a good foundation priced to move. What d'ya say?
7/7/2016 8:19 PM
is this roster set? Can any moves be made with anyone not drafted? That pitching staff is short of innings and many of them are terrible. the offense is short of PA. This roster needs to be gutted. Would be much more enticing if the draft were not over. Some bizarre keeper decisions here. I'd be shocked if this was not a 100+ loss team

also, what's with the 1930s players?
7/11/2016 1:20 PM (edited)
The roster is set. The draft is over. 23 teams entered, waiting on this one. Yes, the roster is not ideal. Yes, this team becoming available leading in to the draft would have been preferable. Yes, you're looking at a high draft pick.

PA/IP minimums are met.

As for the 30s players, the league uses a list of common nonexclusive players to address PA/IP shortages.
7/11/2016 1:36 PM (edited)
OK I am in. The draft being set up worst to first instead of those leagues that make it damn near impossible to rebuild with bizarro draft rules was the final decider for me.

Lemme have that league number and the rebuild begins!!!!
7/11/2016 1:38 PM
btw is there AAA that will help me with IP?
7/11/2016 1:44 PM
We do not use AAA at this time.
7/11/2016 2:29 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 7/11/2016 2:29:00 PM (view original):
We do not use AAA at this time.
omg. this is gonna be ugly. ok
7/11/2016 2:46 PM
Hangover League full. Waitlist? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.