RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Posted by guyo26 on 6/28/2016 7:13:00 AM (view original):
206 seasons, #26 on the most wins with no championship list (lost at D3 and lost at D2) and I've severely cut back teams, will either take 1 or zero teams into new version. I still pay fractionally to play and don't like the updates. Recruiting will take longer, it's going to be much harder to move/move up, and I don't understand why I keep losing recruiting. 9 home visits to an international and I can't knock off a C- D3 when I'm D1. Not as fun anymore.
Was that 9 home visits to the international in the beta or a regular world? Either way, a D1 losing to C- D3 Sim like that is kind of a problem. Big problem actually.
6/28/2016 10:01 AM
Posted by zorzii on 6/28/2016 9:47:00 AM (view original):
To be honest though, it does not take longer Darnoc... It's not really a new game, the only difference is that Scouting is not ready as it is right now, it's tough to get a feel of what to do with the way it is organized now, but TKimble gave me an idea on how to do things, I will try it next beta season. Recruiting is messed up, It needs a lot more work, but It shows promises. I think it can be fun but Seble has to sort out value of prestige, limitations for D3 and D2, limitations for préférences that aren't really important, poaching to some extend, value of attention points towards unlocking stuff... What to do with conference money and all. So he still have his work cut out, but I think he is making strides. So to people who want to quit altogether, I suggest you keep a team in so you slowly get the hang of it. And if you do not like it after some seasons, then I'd understand you leaving. But for now, all this talk about leaving is premature.
Good points zorzii. I handled my scouting differently this time. Instead of doing it everyday during the season (like in beta one) I waited until a few days before recruiting began, did my thing to get my pool and went from there. Scouting in that first season dragged on and on and I felt compelled to check in every hour.
This update has potential if Seble can work through the bugs and I hope it doesn't kill HD.
6/28/2016 10:08 AM
zorzii: your suggestions are to make it like the game we already have except these are all messed up...Scouting is not ready as it is right now, it's tough to get a feel of what to do with the way it is organized now, Recruiting is messed up, It needs a lot more work, but It shows promises. I think it can be fun but Seble has to sort out value of prestige, limitations for D3 and D2, limitations for préférences that aren't really important, poaching to some extend, value of attention points towards unlocking stuff... and What to do with conference money and all. So he still have his work cut out, but I think he is making strides.

So why change what was working except for job logic?
Honestly I have no clue, and dont think anyone else Possibly can know over a long period what some of the changes he is making will effect. I also have zero faith that when there are problems that they will be corrected. I am basing this on the lack of concern and action taking towards this game in the previous years.
6/28/2016 10:08 AM
A Gunny in the Marines once told me: "Only a fool sticks with a problem simply because he spent so much time creating it"
6/28/2016 10:31 AM
If you are not happy with the direction of this game you can always have your voice be heard :
[email protected]
6/28/2016 10:35 AM
Posted by mullycj on 6/28/2016 10:35:00 AM (view original):
If you are not happy with the direction of this game you can always have your voice be heard :
[email protected]
I sent my feelings on the matter
6/28/2016 10:43 AM
Posted by taniajane on 6/28/2016 10:43:00 AM (view original):
[email protected]
I did as well.
6/28/2016 10:52 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/28/2016 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 6/28/2016 7:13:00 AM (view original):
206 seasons, #26 on the most wins with no championship list (lost at D3 and lost at D2) and I've severely cut back teams, will either take 1 or zero teams into new version. I still pay fractionally to play and don't like the updates. Recruiting will take longer, it's going to be much harder to move/move up, and I don't understand why I keep losing recruiting. 9 home visits to an international and I can't knock off a C- D3 when I'm D1. Not as fun anymore.
Was that 9 home visits to the international in the beta or a regular world? Either way, a D1 losing to C- D3 Sim like that is kind of a problem. Big problem actually.
Upped to 10 home visits, and it was beta.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that it should never be possible for D3 to sign D1 players, even if arguments about "expected level" are taken into account. It seems like it's just a mix of teams with names we know and names we don't now, there are no more divisions.

Having strong conferences is severely minimized and I would argue penalized in this (Hi Freedom conference in Crum, sorry you're a shell of what you were now) update. Immediate and yet spread over the whole season recruiting feels like a major lose in this update.

Could be just not liking change, I could be an old curmudgeon, I don't know, but I'm not a fan of what's been in beta and don't see being interested in after such a long break.

6/28/2016 11:45 AM
Posted by p6453 on 6/28/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
I did as well.
I did too and I'll say it now. What I wrote was professional, courteous, no expletives or name calling, problems and complaints laid out clearly. I also totally expect, without a doubt, to at the very least be banned from the forums if not totally removed from the whole site itself.

So if I do get totally banned, it was fun competing against all of you. Bye!
6/28/2016 2:47 PM
Of course, I've seen far, far worse posted in the forums that never resulted in a ban of any sort, so maybe I'll get lucky with mine.
6/28/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/28/2016 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I did as well.
I did too and I'll say it now. What I wrote was professional, courteous, no expletives or name calling, problems and complaints laid out clearly. I also totally expect, without a doubt, to at the very least be banned from the forums if not totally removed from the whole site itself.

If it was professional, why would you be banned? I'm just curious...
6/28/2016 3:01 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/28/2016 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I did as well.

I know that happened when Tarek was here, I haven't heard anything like that from the current leadership.

It would actually be funnier if you got a version of the 'Thank you for your suggestion' ticket response.
6/28/2016 3:01 PM
We're still holding onto the top conference RPI, guyo (but barely).

Does sending an email to Feedback just end up going to Seble? He's already established that he's not interested in doing anything outside the context of his vision for the game. Changes that we asked for forever, like preloading recruiting actions the first cycle which I was told by CS was not something they were not looking into, now suddenly is no problem at all if it looks like it's part of his new game. It's all the allusion of being interested in giving the customers a good product. I wonder if we could talk to someone besides Seble, but I assume his bosses aren't interested either.
6/28/2016 3:27 PM
don't worry guys it's okay bad coaches think they will be good with no artificial limits on who they recruit.

I understand the point of guys that are just overranked falling(should just fix recruit ranking in the first place), but as more teams go sim and coaches figure out recruiting the elite coaches will get elite talent.

Wasn't Rails one of the first to discover pulldowns? and he won 8 NC in 9 seasons, granted it was a different engine, development, and recruiting. But thats what happens when good coaches can get better players(it might not be as extreme, but we will have lower populations compared to tark back then)

So bad coaches will get excited and take D1 guys who no one wants because they are garbage and wouldn't be good on a D3 team (or average) whereas the good D3 coaches get mid major talent or even low D1 high D2 talent which is more than enough to become extremely dominant.

Saying these coaches are already so "dominant" is true to an extent, but thats because we don't have guys winning 5+ titles in a row, and when that happens the "dynasties" now a days will look good, but not amazing like they do now.
6/28/2016 4:03 PM
Guys, the beta is doomed. There are at least 20 people who hate it. Don't look up, the sky is falling.
6/28/2016 4:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.