RUPP is losing coaches Topic

for all the talk about coaches disappearing, there certainly does not seem to be much of an exodus in tark, at least not in D1
7/5/2016 8:13 AM
It's certainly harder for us to track D1, though since all the changes are geared toward D1 maybe at that level there is some anticipation to see how it plays out. What is most easily track-able is D3 because of the yearly number of openings message. The last two read 305 and 306 openings in Rupp and Wooden. That's pretty bad. There is definitely a drop off happening.

Side note: Wooden D3 used to be so crowded and competitive... sigh
7/5/2016 10:53 AM
yeah I just remember seeing what seemed like dozens of people declaring they weren't renewing, etc, there was discussion of lots of plum jobs opening up. and there aren't any.
7/5/2016 11:36 AM
I don't think you'll see the mass exodus (if there will be one...) immediately. People have credits to play off. Some will wait for the first season or two of the "new" HD and decide for themselves if they aren't in the beta, etc.
7/5/2016 12:03 PM
I really am hopefully the game retains new users at a higher rate. I feel like there is less hidden crap (pull downs, high high messages, etc) than in the current version.
7/5/2016 12:18 PM
oh so the 5 new coaches we get the world opens up we might keep 2 instead of 1?

doesn't matter if we can retain more coaches if there is nothing done to market the game....
7/5/2016 12:27 PM
In the last couple of months, I dropped maryland in tark and kansas in crum - because of the coming changes. Still have two teams - likely cutting Stanford soon. maryland in naismith will be the last to go for me.
7/5/2016 12:29 PM
And the updates haven't hit so right now you just have people cutting their non favorite teams, Tark is also one of the biggest worlds outside D3. You won't see a "massive" one time exit but probably 2 periods where a lot of coaches are lost.

The month long wait a lot of people will not return or will ghost the first beta season
Then maybe 2-4 seasons after the beta has been implemented and people who gave it a shot figure they don't like it and leave.

And where are these new coaches going to be coming from?
7/5/2016 12:34 PM
I dropped La Salle in Tark and my D3 team in knight. I am playing through changes with some of my teams though
7/5/2016 12:34 PM
I have one season already paid for and that will be the last (hopefully that will be used prior to Beta), I have already not renewed my other team and will not pay-play again here. It is a shame for I enjoyed the years in this system even though I was not terribly successful (No NC's), but I see no fun in the Beta, too much time consuming work to be called a hobby, poor marketing and poor consumer relations.
7/5/2016 1:52 PM
I just dropped UVA in Phelan, in part because of the pending changes.
7/5/2016 2:38 PM
im glad to see d1 tark was not absolutely wrecked like d1 rupp. i'll try to pull some population numbers to look at later, see how things are going, not being in d3 i haven't seen anything like jsa is talking about but i am curious to see what the numbers say about it.

for the other folks like me who plan to keep 1 team for nostalgia, i'll just mention that tark has traditionally been the most populated d1 world, so that would be a great place to keep that final team ;)
7/5/2016 2:41 PM
I dropped a d3 team too.
7/5/2016 2:44 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/5/2016 2:44:00 PM (view original):
I dropped a d3 team too.
I dont know why you did that Joe,,,you claim that the Beta is equal or less time consuming?
7/5/2016 4:40 PM
+1
7/5/2016 5:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.