RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Either people forgot to renew or RUPP is going to lose a lot of coaches. I thought there was no D1 big six teams available until I checked...
6/25/2016 7:26 PM
I thought wooden lost more, idk either way both are dropping a lot....
6/25/2016 8:10 PM
16 BCS jobs open
6/25/2016 8:51 PM
There were 5 big 6 jobs open prior to the season ending (Hawaii, Kansas St, St. Johns, NC St, W Virginia) and it appears 10 new big 6 jobs opened. Can't say I've ever seen 16 big 6 jobs open at once and definitely haven't seen 3 A+ baseline jobs open at once. The exodus has started...
6/25/2016 8:51 PM
Maybe around the time HD folds and he loses his WIS job Seble will start reconsidering his "this is what we're doing and you all better just start getting used to it" approach to customer service.
6/26/2016 1:56 AM
Sable needs to swallow his pride and cut his losses. Apply some of the facelift stuff to HD, but scrap everything about the new recruiting.
6/26/2016 3:01 AM
I really see no reason why they cant keep Both systems active. It seems apparent to me that they are either presently riding on two servers or one is partitioned to handle both.

As far as two different systems having less players in each world.....that will happen either way with people dropping the amount of teams they normally carry.

It is not like it will be a shock if no attention or fixes are given to the old system; I am kinda used to that.
6/26/2016 7:38 AM (edited)
Seble is in no hurry. He will probably launch the new system once the NCAA season starts or we start talking about it. I'd say september is what will happen. Hopefully, we do not lose too many coaches between now and then.
6/26/2016 8:05 AM
What are your talking about he's trying to get this **** out ASAP. We've got probably 1 season left maybe 2 in the real worlds they are recruiting season 2 in the beta and the upate is gonna happen after season 3 in the beta.
6/26/2016 8:55 AM
Posted by joeykw18 on 6/26/2016 3:01:00 AM (view original):
Sable needs to swallow his pride and cut his losses. Apply some of the facelift stuff to HD, but scrap everything about the new recruiting.
This is so right, I fell so many people feel this way. Scouting isn't that bad... but recruiting is terrible!
6/26/2016 8:57 AM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/26/2016 8:55:00 AM (view original):
What are your talking about he's trying to get this **** out ASAP. We've got probably 1 season left maybe 2 in the real worlds they are recruiting season 2 in the beta and the upate is gonna happen after season 3 in the beta.
No one really knows but I tend to agree with viva on this to some extent...and of course then there will be 4 to 8 weeks of waiting for all the worlds to finish their seasons...so Sept is likely but the shut down will be before sept
6/26/2016 10:34 AM (edited)
I'm anxious to see what Seble has to say about the various worlds losing so many Coaches as we get closer to the update rolling out. Good question to post on the beta Forums.
6/26/2016 9:34 AM
Posted by p6453 on 6/26/2016 9:34:00 AM (view original):
I'm anxious to see what Seble has to say about the various worlds losing so many Coaches as we get closer to the update rolling out. Good question to post on the beta Forums.
I will take a guess on what he says: ::: shrug:::
6/26/2016 9:41 AM
Posted by taniajane on 6/26/2016 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 6/26/2016 9:34:00 AM (view original):
I will take a guess on what he says: ::: shrug:::
We will see, because I just posted the question in the beta Forums.
6/26/2016 9:49 AM
disclaimer--i'm not in the beta. this is a general comment.

decisions have to be made in a broad scope. it's not seble's job to cater to the loudest 20 people who have played the longest. if this is part of a serious move to invest in HD, then....well, i think we all could look at this differently and try to steer the ship. but if the update is rolled out and there is no intention to seriously advertise/market/recruit new players, it is a poor, poor decision.

the loss of coaches is only a big deal because we all know how depopulated the worlds are already. if they actually market the game, the loss of coaches could potentially be overcome. you have to think that it's not much of a viable long-term plan for a game to have a tiny pool of dedicated users each with 7+ teams or something like that. my guess is that some of the most vocal people against this update aren't paying users anyway--they've been playing for free (or maybe just at deep discount) for years. how is it a viable business model to have a tiny user base and then have them playing for free or near-free? as an aside, i know there have been forum posts complaining about playing the same people in every world.

anyway, if they're not going to market this, this update is the final blow. the question i would be asking is--what's the next play here? are you rolling this out and forcing it on the existing user base or is there is a serious play to invest in and expand this game? for me, that's everything as to how to look at this.

tl;dr: it's not about you but maybe it is
6/26/2016 10:49 AM (edited)
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.