What is actually wrong with the beta? Topic

so you mean all the people screaming the sky were falling weren't making **** up and even if its not as bad as it seems its a clear fundamental problem.

color me surprised

unlike some people I put more effort into thinking this out and instead of writing I don't agree therefore you are wrong, I try to post logic and explanations...
6/30/2016 9:17 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 6/30/2016 9:13:00 PM (view original):
just had my first EE experience in the beta. A guy who was likely staying left. I put all my AP on a kid who was rather weak, but could be useful. At the end of that cycle, he signed DII. Syracuse - a bad Cuse - could not get a guy to even consider us over DII - to replace a guy who went early to the NBA. I have looked some more and really dont see any players who are worth signing and who dont have some team with a clear lead - which the AP system precludes me from eroding. There is NO answer I can see. Hopeless situations tend to make for boring game play
i missed all of recruiting in session 2, but that is a pretty damning account. any chance you asked seble for a specific explanation of how you lost to the d2 school? he seemed to be responding to those kind of requests, could be interesting. really need to drag myself over to the beta forums, i just am struggling to do it though.. i feel like there are enough major problems seble hasn't addressed yet, that it wasn't really that important to look at season 2. im hoping he fixes some in season 3 and makes it worthwhile.
7/1/2016 2:28 AM
Yes - I also signed all my guys in the first session. Had one guy I wanted to cut, so I started building up AP with the 20 I still had even after signing all my guys. Got to where I just needed one cycle at the start of the second half of recruiting to unlock a Scholarship. Then I could have gotten HVs unlocked. A D2 guy was very high and I was low. First cycle comes and he signs with the D2 instead of Dartmouth, which just ended the season at #17.

Granted, the D2 team was the #5 D2 team in the country, and this guy will probably see a ton of PT there, and maybe start as a freshman, whereas with us he would mostly rise the bench for the first couple of seasons. So in this case, I could see this happening. But I was showing interest in him with my APs, and if I was that kid I'd probably have held out a little longer.

This and the EE problem of finding good players in the second cycle are the two biggest problems I see remaining.

I still like the new system a lot though. To me, it is more interesting.

The one thing I REALLY like a lot more is the ability to recruit at a greater distance. I am at Dartmouth in New Hampshire. I got a player from Maine, one from Jersey, one from Pennsylvania, and I am about to sign one from West Virginia. In the current game I would not have gone after anyone in PA or West Virginia or probably New Jersey.
7/1/2016 7:30 PM
I like Ap points and I like the new preferences (though they need to reduce some of the preference weights) but the new system seems like a lot of work after two beta seasons. It will be a bit different when not as condensed and I am hoping (but now optimistic) that they make some more tweaks such as preventing Di players from signing with lower division schools unless it is the second period and they have not received DI interest. Sim recruiting also needs a lot of help and there really is no good plan in place to deal with early entries. I am trying to keep an open mind but am leaning towards dropping a few teams when the changes go live.
7/1/2016 10:00 PM
◂ Prev 123456
What is actually wrong with the beta? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.