Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/30/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
THAT would **** people off!
I agree, I wouldn't want my data to be false. I am keeping recruting data at the start when the beta is implemented in the current world. I am also moving to St.Edwards or Clark Atlanta this season so I am starting a new spreadsheet for division 2 games. Would it be better to continue on with the current one or since its 2 seperate divisions make it 2 seperate spreadsheets?
6/30/2016 1:13 PM
2 seperate Ward....Clark Atlanta was a good place for me..can get recruits from several surrounding states
6/30/2016 1:19 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/30/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
2 seperate Ward....Clark Atlanta was a good place for me..can get recruits from several surrounding states
Were you in Allen? Ok so what's the difference in keeping 2 spreadsheets mind explaning?
6/30/2016 2:50 PM
NO I wasnt in Allen...but depending on others in region...which may drop with new game..is a good place.
6/30/2016 4:13 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/30/2016 4:13:00 PM (view original):
NO I wasnt in Allen...but depending on others in region...which may drop with new game..is a good place.
What do you mean by drop? Mean people will drop teams? What do you think about St.Edwards is that the right place for me to go?
6/30/2016 5:02 PM
yes people are dropping teams...I have.......No clue on St Edwards...can only tell you I had reasonably good success with Clark
6/30/2016 5:06 PM
Dude, just pick a team and go there. If you're as committed to your teams as you act, then you should be able to be successful anywhere. As long as you don't take any of the Alaskan, Hawaiian, or Puerto Rican teams you should be fine. You don't always have to move to a ready made set up and you don't always have to move to densely populated areas. Some coaches do, that's their choice. But it's been shown time after time after time, that at D2 and D3 a good coach can win from anywhere (even from the aforementioned teams but they are probably too difficult "right now" for your experience level. Not a criticism, just reality).
6/30/2016 5:11 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/30/2016 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 6/30/2016 11:30:00 AM (view original):
except for the fact that it is likely fatal to the product, there is nothing wrong with a game where players only want one team or maybe two - and not 4 or 6 or 10

drop all the worlds except Naismith - allow people to swap into it - and run a very small nice internet game
I reiterate my suggestion we just close all the existing worlds and start over. This is really going to be a completely different game experience.
I've actually been one that's been advocating for contraction of worlds for quite some time now. My suggestion was to take the 7 1x worlds and contract them into 3 and to take the 3 2x worlds and squeeze them into 1. That idea is usually viewed as being as popular as the old "turd in the punch bowl" cliche.

However...if as many coaches leave as it "appears" might/may/will, then it may come to the point in time where HD really has no other realistic choice but to contract worlds. Unless, of course, we get the huge influx of new coaches from the massive marketing push that WiS is getting ready to implement. Wait..what? What the hell am I thinking? Just disregard that last part about new coaches, I brain cramped and typed what "should" happen, not what "will" happen, which is next to nothing obviously.

For what it's worth, I STILL haven't gotten ANY kind of response to the e-mail I sent to the feedback section of WiS. My guess? "Disappeared" into the nothingness that is cyber space, never to be seen again.
6/30/2016 5:20 PM
they wont EMY contract..they will go with a loser program and programmer
6/30/2016 5:21 PM
Hey, a guy can always hope, right, ha ha?!
6/30/2016 5:25 PM
not...this is the end soon
6/30/2016 5:26 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/30/2016 5:06:00 PM (view original):
yes people are dropping teams...I have.......No clue on St Edwards...can only tell you I had reasonably good success with Clark
Clark Atlanta is a B- school in Allen world 6. St..Edwards is ran by theonly and he says he may leave this upcoming job period. St.Edwards will possible be a A+ school with no building involved and I can just focus on winning games and moving up to division 1 as quickly as possible. Meanwhile (winning games) and building my record above 500 and reaching the national tournament. However Clark Atlanta has some building involved but it aint that bad not as bad as Chowan was going too be.

Here are the pros and cons I can think of off my top 2 destinations in division 2
St.Edwards
Pros- going to make the national tourney these next two season if theonly leave this season, easy building process can focus on winning games right away
Cons- Theonly might not leave this season, NONE of the credit is mine untill I recrutied a whole lineup full of (my players)
Clark Atlanta
Pros- Definatley making the post season next two seasons, I would think gaurentee pti apperance best possible nt apparence, GOOD recruting region and atlanta is supposley good.
Cons- Not a easy building process from B-, B+, A-, and A+ or high A+ depends on how much I want to build and what job I want in the future. If I don't take St.Edwards right away I might be saying good bye to division 1 qualifing untill later on down the journey to division 1.

So by looking at this any input is (appreciated) I am going to apply to 1.) St.Edwards as soon as possible 2.) Clark Atlanta If I don't get St.Edwards
6/30/2016 5:35 PM
clark
6/30/2016 5:45 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/30/2016 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Dude, just pick a team and go there. If you're as committed to your teams as you act, then you should be able to be successful anywhere. As long as you don't take any of the Alaskan, Hawaiian, or Puerto Rican teams you should be fine. You don't always have to move to a ready made set up and you don't always have to move to densely populated areas. Some coaches do, that's their choice. But it's been shown time after time after time, that at D2 and D3 a good coach can win from anywhere (even from the aforementioned teams but they are probably too difficult "right now" for your experience level. Not a criticism, just reality).
"(even from the aforementioned teams but they are probably too difficult "right now" for your experience level. Not a criticism, just reality)." I understand that I don't have the experience to not take a team from the bottom to the top. This is why I am taking either St.Edwards or Clark Atlanta. I've tried building Chowan to a successful program but the unruptly BETA got in the way of that. I got high loyality and high reputation so we will see where I will go this upcoming job period.
6/30/2016 5:57 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/30/2016 5:45:00 PM (view original):
clark
Can you make a unbiased statement? Clark or St.Edwards?
6/30/2016 6:00 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.