Coach Ward I am waiting for you in MWC. I give you ten seasons at D2 to nail a D1 job there. We need you.
6/30/2016 7:33 PM
Posted by zorzii on 6/30/2016 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Coach Ward I am waiting for you in MWC. I give you ten seasons at D2 to nail a D1 job there. We need you.
The Air force academy seems like a really intriguing job for me. But alot of jobs can change in a decade of playing . Having a filled conference doesn't matter anymore I know you know that. By the way I have heard dismissable stories about jumping from division 3, division 2, division 1 low major, to big 6. I have heard exciting stories about going from division 3, division 2, to big 6. But I will have to judge jobs accordingly what I want to do and where I want to get just like I did with my first job change.
6/30/2016 7:46 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/30/2016 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 6/30/2016 5:06:00 PM (view original):
yes people are dropping teams...I have.......No clue on St Edwards...can only tell you I had reasonably good success with Clark
Clark Atlanta is a B- school in Allen world 6. St..Edwards is ran by theonly and he says he may leave this upcoming job period. St.Edwards will possible be a A+ school with no building involved and I can just focus on winning games and moving up to division 1 as quickly as possible. Meanwhile (winning games) and building my record above 500 and reaching the national tournament. However Clark Atlanta has some building involved but it aint that bad not as bad as Chowan was going too be.

Here are the pros and cons I can think of off my top 2 destinations in division 2
St.Edwards
Pros- going to make the national tourney these next two season if theonly leave this season, easy building process can focus on winning games right away
Cons- Theonly might not leave this season, NONE of the credit is mine untill I recrutied a whole lineup full of (my players)
Clark Atlanta
Pros- Definatley making the post season next two seasons, I would think gaurentee pti apperance best possible nt apparence, GOOD recruting region and atlanta is supposley good.
Cons- Not a easy building process from B-, B+, A-, and A+ or high A+ depends on how much I want to build and what job I want in the future. If I don't take St.Edwards right away I might be saying good bye to division 1 qualifing untill later on down the journey to division 1.

So by looking at this any input is (appreciated) I am going to apply to 1.) St.Edwards as soon as possible 2.) Clark Atlanta If I don't get St.Edwards
With back to back 0-27 seasons, the odds are you'll be told you are "Not Qualified" for A+ D2 jobs.
7/1/2016 12:54 AM
yes people are dropping teams...I have.......No clue on St Edwards...can only tell you I had reasonably good success with Clark
Clark Atlanta is a B- school in Allen world 6. St..Edwards is ran by theonly and he says he may leave this upcoming job period. St.Edwards will possible be a A+ school with no building involved and I can just focus on winning games and moving up to division 1 as quickly as possible. Meanwhile (winning games) and building my record above 500 and reaching the national tournament. However Clark Atlanta has some building involved but it aint that bad not as bad as Chowan was going too be.

Here are the pros and cons I can think of off my top 2 destinations in division 2
St.Edwards
Pros- going to make the national tourney these next two season if theonly leave this season, easy building process can focus on winning games right away
Cons- Theonly might not leave this season, NONE of the credit is mine untill I recrutied a whole lineup full of (my players)
Clark Atlanta
Pros- Definatley making the post season next two seasons, I would think gaurentee pti apperance best possible nt apparence, GOOD recruting region and atlanta is supposley good.
Cons- Not a easy building process from B-, B+, A-, and A+ or high A+ depends on how much I want to build and what job I want in the future. If I don't take St.Edwards right away I might be saying good bye to division 1 qualifing untill later on down the journey to division 1.

So by looking at this any input is (appreciated) I am going to apply to 1.) St.Edwards as soon as possible 2.) Clark Atlanta If I don't get St.Edwards
either one is fine, its not worth sweating those details. also, don't sweat how quickly you can make it to d1. the reality is, you have a lot to learn before you could go to d1 without being slaughtered. by the time you learn all that, you'll be qualified. moving from your old school was smart - it was time, everyone screws up their first job, myself included, and for a lot of folks, its better to move on than to try to dig out. however, competing in d1 is quite difficult, and the beta won't change that. most d1 coaches can run A range prestige d2/d3 programs, where as many d2/d3 cannot, so the competition is definitely tougher, and you still have a major disadvantage in low d1 to the guys who have higher prestige. basically, if you can't maintain an A range prestige program in d2, you'd get destroyed in d1, to the point where it probably wouldn't be any fun, so best to wait until you can.

i've said this same thing a hundred times in the past, to a hundred different coaches, so none of it is unique to you, its just generally sound advice for anyone in any situation. many folks move up to d1 because they are qualified - not because they are ready - and it definitely hurts their experience.
7/1/2016 2:35 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/1/2016 2:35:00 AM (view original):

St.Edwards
Clark Atlanta

either one is fine, its not worth sweating those details. also, don't sweat how quickly you can make it to d1. the reality is, you have a lot to learn before you could go to d1 without being slaughtered. by the time you learn all that, you'll be qualified. moving from your old school was smart - it was time, everyone screws up their first job, myself included, and for a lot of folks, its better to move on than to try to dig out. however, competing in d1 is quite difficult, and the beta won't change that. most d1 coaches can run A range prestige d2/d3 programs, where as many d2/d3 cannot, so the competition is definitely tougher, and you still have a major disadvantage in low d1 to the guys who have higher prestige. basically, if you can't maintain an A range prestige program in d2, you'd get destroyed in d1, to the point where it probably wouldn't be any fun, so best to wait until you can.

i've said this same thing a hundred times in the past, to a hundred different coaches, so none of it is unique to you, its just generally sound advice for anyone in any situation. many folks move up to d1 because they are qualified - not because they are ready - and it definitely hurts their experience.
Thanks gillispie!
7/1/2016 11:23 AM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.