Multiple teams in same world? Topic

I know it isnt possible to do without creating another ID. But is it "okay" to do as long as they are always in different divisions? I want to move up to d1aa in wilkinson, but I dont want to give up my team in D2. Opinions?
6/28/2016 10:40 PM
There are coaches that do it. Some coaches don't have a problem with it while others will think less of you. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules, although I can't recall having read that it is. My opinion is that as long as your not using it for nefarious reasons your good.
6/28/2016 10:49 PM
I believe the prevailing view in Wilkinson is:
1. If you do it, be open about it.
2. Your teams need to be in different divisions.
6/28/2016 11:21 PM
Go for it Wareagle!

We've got a great thing going in D1AA Wilk and would love to have you aboard:)
6/28/2016 11:23 PM
Thanks guys. I certainly don't want to do anything perceived as shady.
6/28/2016 11:45 PM
You can't do it right away as the second ID would have to play a couple seasons at DIII to be able to move up to DII.
6/29/2016 12:24 AM
Agreed brother eagle. Think I would only need 1 season at D3, unless it has changed since my first time through there. War Damn!
6/29/2016 12:29 AM
1 season should do it. But i have to admit, that even though you are not looking to do anything shady, I am not comfortable with it.
It's as easy to join another world and work yourself up. Why not do it that way ?
6/29/2016 2:21 AM
Posted by mojolad on 6/29/2016 2:21:00 AM (view original):
1 season should do it. But i have to admit, that even though you are not looking to do anything shady, I am not comfortable with it.
It's as easy to join another world and work yourself up. Why not do it that way ?
I just dont want to give up my west georgia team in d2. But want to be in wilk aa for all the extra content and community.
6/29/2016 2:27 AM
Every user should visit this page: https://www.whatifsports.com/account/FairPlayGuidelines/

The specific text:

More than one team in the same world

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

If an owner finds himself in this situation due to accident, he should submit a support ticket and request to have himself transferred to a different school or removed from the world.

6/29/2016 6:06 AM
Posted by wareagle389 on 6/29/2016 12:29:00 AM (view original):
Agreed brother eagle. Think I would only need 1 season at D3, unless it has changed since my first time through there. War Damn!
No, I still think the one season would do it. Just would have to hope that you got the job and someone else didn't apply for it as well and beat your 2nd ID out for it.

WDE!!!
6/29/2016 8:05 AM
What hypnotoad quoted. I think the 1,000 miles relates to across divisions, too.

For example, as coach of West Georgia, you would probably do best to avoid also coaching at nearby DIAA Jacksonville State, so no one can make silly accusations of "dropping" recruits to the lower level school.
6/29/2016 5:50 PM
Yeah. The 1,000 mile radius is the deal breaker. Was looking at Ga Southern and keeping West Ga. Not sure if I understand the dropping recruits down to D3. I could definitely see it going the other way and using one scout to find potential and then using that information for the other nearby team. Definitely dont want even the perception of doing it. I will just end my dream of having both schools. May still elect to follow the rules and find another 1aa school outside of the radius. Or may just go the traditional route and get West Georgia in another world. Eventually, if I got Ga Southern built up, I wouldnt want to give them up, but would want to move on to a certain SEC school that flies an eagle before their home games. A lot simpler just to join different worlds now and get used to it.
Thanks so much for all of the opinions and feedback. This was very helpful to me.
6/29/2016 9:48 PM
If your wanting another world to join for D2 warners D2 is pretty fun. People doing write ups before the season and doing playoff preview/watch lists.
6/30/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 6/30/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
If your wanting another world to join for D2 warners D2 is pretty fun. People doing write ups before the season and doing playoff preview/watch lists.
This is true. The more the merrier!
6/30/2016 1:44 PM
Multiple teams in same world? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.